This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

elisabet Contributor

Dear Rachel

congratulations,Can you please give a list of the supplements you take?

Do you use any antihistamine?

It is so wonderful I do hope I can give such an update about my son soon.

Elisabet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nyxie63 Apprentice

Carla,

Wanted to ask about your sauna. Did you build it, buy it, was it in the house already? Is it a dry sauna only or can it do the steam thing?

I don't really know much about saunas, but thought it might be a good idea to look further into it. You're the only person I know with one.

Thanks! :)

aprilh Apprentice
and severity and my neuro symptoms showing slight improvement... hypoglycemia is still, of course, absurd, necessitating me eating 7 meals a day...

unfortunately, neither her nor my parents asked the governor why NJ just added 4 more vaccines to the mandatory childhood schedule, including being the first state to require the flu vaccine, but I suppose that wouldn't have been the proper venue to ask these questions.. of course, I wouldn't have been able to help myself if I was there B)

OMG - that's jut not even right (flu vaccine requirement!!)! We have got to put our foot down about this and I don't know where to start!

I used to have bad hypoglycemia. Getting rid of yeast and supporting the liver will help. Hypoglycemia is a sign of liver dysfunction. there is a lot of good information here www.liverdoctor.com.

If you have a bad case of yeast this can cause balance problems, hypoglycemia, among other things. Have you tried adding any antifungals in your protocol? Sounds like the abx might have made the yeast go crazy!

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
I used to have bad hypoglycemia. Getting rid of yeast and supporting the liver will help. Hypoglycemia is a sign of liver dysfunction. there is a lot of good information here www.liverdoctor.com.

If you have a bad case of yeast this can cause balance problems, hypoglycemia, among other things. Have you tried adding any antifungals in your protocol? Sounds like the abx might have made the yeast go crazy!

I've had hypoglycemia since I was in my early teens, had to actually get permission one year I had a late lunch to go the nurse's office and snack mid-day... both my parents have hypo as well... wasn't too bad for a few years around when I was in college, but it's gotten progressively worse the past 5 years... I was also pre-diabetic according to an OGTT 5 years ago and if I remember right, my BS was at 159 at 2 hrs (<140 is normal) and down to around 50 at hour 3...

I don't think the ABX made much of a difference if any in regards to the hypoglycemia... I only took them for 2 months this summer and my hypoglycemia was already out of control beforehand and isn't any different now than before ABX... I've been on a mostly candida diet since Jan, 2007 with 5 or so of those months being extremely strict... I've also taken caprylic acid daily at times in 2007.. I additionally was on a very strict candida diet for a couple months in the summer of 2006, when I was taking another antifungal SF722, which adversely affected me for the 6 weeks I took it... lastly, I have been on a relatively low-carb, high protein diet for years now, even prior to going gluten-free at the start of 2006

going to a candida diet has actually worsened the hypoglycemia, requiring me to eat meals more frequently... that's probably also in part due to me beginning a weekly physical activity routine... the diet and usage of antifungals at times has also caused me to drop a bit of weight (weight that I don't have to spare)... however, I seem to feel better on this type of diet, which is why I remain on it, strictly for the past few months...

it's not gonna do anything to improve the hypoglycemia though, at least not on its own... and my mom, who was on a candida diet for 7 years with a couple being extremely strict, and recovered from her symptoms to good health still has to eat and snack frequently, albeit not anywhere to the level that I do nor would she experience as severe reactions if she does crash...

CarlaB Enthusiast
YAY!! :D

I think I'm feeling a little better eating alot more foods...possibly because when my diet is really restricted the tapeworm is getting most (if not all) of what I'm taking in. I feel like since I've expanded my diet I'm eating so much more food (because I dont ever get full and I have more options)....I think I might be eating enough so that I'm actually getting some of it for myself! I've gained about 6-7 lbs...but I have to eat a ton to maintain it.

That was the same for me ... I got about 5 pounds below where I wanted to be, but ate and ate and ate and ate to stay there. Eat now ... once the tapeworm is gone you will be disappointed how little your appetite is now that you can eat everything! :lol: At least that's how it's been for me.

Plus, I shot up 7 pounds, only wanted 5, LOL. But that 2 I didn't want came back off, I think my body had a momentum going when it gained, and now it's stabilized. So, I'm 5' 7.5" and weigh 130 .... I think that's right where I should be.

He finally was admitted to a psych hospital/facility. It was very emotional to see him, and then talk to my uncles afterwards. I have a headache from crying. :(

I'm sorry. In the long run, I'm sure this is the best thing.

Carla,

Nice to see you in the chat last night. :) Sorry I wasn't around much. Couldn't keep up with the moving wordy things on the main window and was in IMs with Dave. We had a very nice conversation and he's really quite a sweetie.

He seems nice, and very hurt by people in his life .... don't know whether he's a bit paranoid, or if all that really happened.

I know I have been "paranoid" of sorts when my Lyme flares badly that people don't like me or some other ridiculous thing .... so I'm thinking it may be the Lyme talking.

Carla,

Wanted to ask about your sauna. Did you build it, buy it, was it in the house already? Is it a dry sauna only or can it do the steam thing?

I don't really know much about saunas, but thought it might be a good idea to look further into it. You're the only person I know with one.

Thanks! :)

No, I'm not! Rachel has one, too!

I have a far-infrared sauna .... it's dry heat, and different than the ones you've seen before. It detoxes better. I have a Sunlight Sauna (www.sunlightsauna.com). I have the three person one.

I've had hypoglycemia since I was in my early teens
I don't think this is something that goes away ... Chloe has it a little, too. She was yawning at the doctor's office and he told her that she was probably hypoglycemic and that's why she was yawning. I think it actually forces us to eat the way we should anyway. :) I've always had to eat often enough and include protein ... though I've never been tested for it.

My mom has hypoglycemia, so I think I just learned how to eat for it from the beginning so never had to deal with testing or problems from it.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
He finally was admitted to a psych hospital/facility. It was very emotional to see him, and then talk to my uncles afterwards. I have a headache from crying. :(

Awww Kassandra...I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Is this your younger brother?

Dear Rachel

congratulations,Can you please give a list of the supplements you take?

Do you use any antihistamine?

It is so wonderful I do hope I can give such an update about my son soon.

Elisabet

Elisabet,

My list of past supplements is pretty long.

I get tested for things whenever I have an ART session....I take whatever my body is needing and whatever tests well for me...so its very personal as far as what I'm taking. Your son may need different things.

Right now my list is very short....just the essentials that my body really needs.

I get IV minerals twce a month.

Calcium Citrate - daily

Magnesium - daily

NutraMedix Trace minerals - daily

T.A.P.S. -for liver support

Cumanda and Noni for Lyme and Babesia

Green Defense by Jarrow

Burbur detox

Activated Charcoal - as needed

Ketotifen - prescription antihistimine for the gut - for helping to heal leaky gut

I might be forgetting something but thats the gist of it. :)

The brand of Biotin I had tried out was Country Life...I'm no longer taking it.

I have a portable FIR sauna. :)

Since I go back and forth between my house and my moms I bought a portable one. It was inexpensive and I can fold it up when I'm done with it. Its a personal one...looks like a tent with a hole on top where my head sticks out. It has a chair inside as well as heating pad for my feet. If you ever see me posting about blasting off in my "spice ship"....that would be my sauna. :lol:

Its metallic looking and resembles a space ship....I was trying to take the alien baby home...but the mission failed...he's still here with me. :rolleyes:

Next attempt with me to blow him up with the Alinia. That mission starts on the 20th. :)

Oh...I never "officially" named the alien baby but once I found out he was a tapeworm my friend kept calling him Cobra. She thought it sounded more dramatic than "worm". Yeah...my friend's quite the drama queen...the possibility of my tapeworm being up to 50 ft. just wasnt enuff...it had to be a cobra. :lol:

So thats what he's called now....and Cobra was one happy alien baby yesterday after we had pizza, bread, pasta, ice cream, etc... :P

OMG - that's jut not even right (flu vaccine requirement!!)! We have got to put our foot down about this and I don't know where to start!

Yeah...one thing we dont need is even more vaccines...its too many blows to the immune system! :angry:

New Jersey already ranks #1 in cases of Autism...and at the top of the list for Lyme as well.....these things will become even more prevelant as long as the immune system is challenged by all these vaccines.

Green12 Enthusiast

Nyxie,

I also have a sauna, it's an ifrared sauna from Healthmate.

Charlie,

Thanks for the update on yourself and your sister. It's good to hear you are making some progress and that her procedure went well .

Rachel,

WOW! Considering where you were last year at this time, or even a handful of months ago this is an amazing turn of events!! Eaing pizza and not feeling any mojor symptoms, who would have thought?!?!?

Kass,

Sorry about your brother. That is good news though your granparents have offered to help you out financially with the meds.

Donna,

I am pages behind but you mentioned several of them back, which was like yesterday :lol: , that you had a good massage and then about the epsom salt bath making you weak, or feeling funky or something.

I also had this happen my last bath. All week I felt great after them and then a few days ago I could hardly stay in past 10 minutes, and then I got really hot after and felt real weak. So I don't know what that means.

April,

How did your challenge go?

Sherry,

If you are going to check out an ART and LED practitioner when you get back I think you will be pleased :D I saw one yesterday and I am excited for what these modalities are going to do for me.

I just wanted to say a heartfelt Thank You to this thread :wub:

When we came together over a year ago, sharing ideas and bouncing information off of each other, I was really in a place where I didn't know what to do, didn't know where to go.

I have listened to all of your experiences and have learned so much from each of you and that pointed me in directions to look into, research and read about in order for me to figure out what was going to be best for me.

So yes, THANK YOU to my OMG friends!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
....I was trying to take the alien baby home...but the mission failed...he's still here with me. :rolleyes:

Next attempt with me to blow him up with the Alinia. That mission starts on the 20th. :)

:lol::lol: Rachel

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Last week I faxed the results of my hair analysis over to Dr. Amy. These were my old results from 2004....she had wanted to pass them on to someone who's studying the results in mercury toxic patients.

Since I had also gotten the results of my latest urine test I faxed those results over as well. Metals were still coming out but my minerals were looking really bad.

Dr. Amy's nurse sent me an email saying that based on my results Amy wants me to start taking electrolytes....1-3 capfuls a day in water. She said I can use Selectrolytes or Matrix electrolytes. I'm gonna have to find out if either Dr. S. or Anna carry them....I'm thinking they dont so I'll probably have to order online.

She said I also need to increase my calcium and magnesium to 3 x a day if I can tolerate it.

As far as my hair analysis results this is what she said...

"The hair test can't be evaluated for mineral derangement since that laboratory doesn't standarize against age and gender ranges."

Green12 Enthusiast
Last week I faxed the results of my hair analysis over to Dr. Amy. These were my old results from 2004....she had wanted to pass them on to someone who's studying the results in mercury toxic patients.

This sounds interesting, maybe this person will have some additional things to say about your case?

I got my hair taken yesterday for hair analysis. I had it done in like 1994 and just a small piece of hair was cut from the nape of the neck for that one.

Yesterday, she just kept cutting and cutting and cutting strands for the sample she was taking, I almost felt she was giving me a haircut :lol::lol:

I'm interested to see what the results will reveal.

I'm also going to be taking electrolytes, I just don't know what brand or dosage yet.

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Ooh! I like the idea of a portable sauna. That way I can take it with me on the road. I spend 4 weeks away from home every year (not including trips out to my mom's) and it'd be nice to know I could do all this when I'm away. Since we have a house smaller than most people's apartments, would also be nice to be able to put it away when its not in use.

LOL! Cobra works. :D

Think I'll call the dr's office tomorrow and see if my results are in yet. Really can't see spending 3 hours on the road in heavy traffic, paying the co-pay, and then being told they can't help me if the results are negative. Would rather give the time slot to someone who can really use it. Will be calling Dr H tomorrow as well. Was thinking about Dr D in York, but his waiting list is something like 10 months out. Ugh!

AndreaB Contributor

It is an emotional time for sure. One of my stepsons was admitted to a psych hospital/facility about 4 years or so ago. He was in there for a couple months then released once they got him stable on the right med combinations. He's been back a couple times for week long stays since.....to get meds rebalanced.

If you are going to check out an ART and LED practitioner when you get back I think you will be pleased :D I saw one yesterday and I am excited for what these modalities are going to do for me.

She's seeing Dr. E next week. I'm so excited for her too! :D

:wub: This place is great for bringing different people with different experiences to bounce things off of. :)

Nyxie,

Hope you can get in with Dr H sooner than the 10 months with Dr. D! :o

Keep us posted if you don't mind. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

WOW! Considering where you were last year at this time, or even a handful of months ago this is an amazing turn of events!! Eaing pizza and not feeling any mojor symptoms, who would have thought?!?!?

Yeah...eating PIZZA finally.....who would have thought it could really happen like this!!?? :blink:

Its CRAZY...I cant even comprehend this recent turn of events...I'm totally at a loss for words! :huh:

Its only been weeks since I was still stuck with only 2 foods....not able to add in anything new. The only new changes are the Ketotifen and the DMPS.

I dont think it could be the Keto because it wouldnt act that quickly in my body and the changes started around the same time I got on the Keto. It might help with reducing some reactions but lots of times I have not been able to take it and still ate w/out problems. Yesterday I did not have the Keto with me and did not take any prior to eating any of that food.

I still have to be very selective in what I choose....I think I would still do badly with veggies, spices, herbs, fermented things, etc. Thats why I left all the salad stuff alone...and I passed up the sauces and soups because of the spices. I passed up my favorite clam chowder and some tuna noodles...for obvious reasons.

I think the DMPS has to be the biggest factor. I'm thinking its reducing the metal burden in my elimination organs which is in turn increasing my tolerance for things. My neck isnt getting so stiff anymore, the burning on my face....all that stuff indicating high toxicity seems to be slowly diminishing.

Thats why I think I'm able to eat this stuff....my body is handling it better now. My bucket isnt sooo full anymore....there must be some drainage finally!! :D

Also...I notice when I do feel symptoms they're clearing up much faster.

Sherry had posted about the parasites producing large amounts of ammonia. That rang a bell for me! I did a search of the thread and found a post from Jan. 2007.....it was exactly a year ago that I was testing my pH and posting alot of stuff about pH levels...acid/alkaline, etc.

I had a urine test prior to that which came back too alkaline...this was from my conventional Dr. who told me to drink cranberry juice. Yeah...like that was really gonna solve my problems...even if I could tolerate it! :rolleyes:

It was Anna who had me testing my pH and it was coming back too alkaline every time I tested. I didnt understand it since I was mostly eating alot of acid forming foods. :huh:

I had also associated candida with acidity.

This was what I had posted after talking to Anna about my pH.

I told her I read that it actually means I'm too acid. She said no...not necessarily...it *could* mean that and yes, my body *could* be too acidic and dumping ammonia to compensate but I could also be too alkaline for other reasons. Either way its not a good thing and my pH is not balanced.

She looked it up and said that bacteria is one of the things that can cause this. She said I definately have yeast and bacteria problems because it showed up in the blood test she ordered. I said I thought that yeast can only thrive in an acidic environment??

She said yeah.....but right now I have so many different things going on that its difficult to know whats causing what. I could have yeast overgrowth and be too alkaline for another reason. She said this is why I'm a complicated case....alot of factors involved.

She said theres a test to check the ammonia in my body.....that would help to figure out why I'm too alkaline. She said she has to call someone to find out about the test. If it turns out my body is dumping ammonia she said that she can give me something to correct it. She says she does this with her Autistic kids because they have high levels of ammonia and it helps reduce it.

I never had the test to check my ammonia levels so I dont know if thats why I'm too alkaline despite candida overgrowth and an acidic diet.

I'm thinking that like she said...I could have candida but still be high alkaline for another reason....because of other factors involved.

I think it would very likely be the parasites causing all that excess ammonia which would cause my body to be overly alkaline in the urine test and in the saliva. The candida would be secondary to that issue.

So I think the toxicity from the parasites is still huge and still putting a big strain on my liver and on my immune system....but my body is able to handle it a bit more now that the metals are coming out. I still have alot more clean-up to do but I think as I continue with this I'll find myself eating more and more foods!

I find this recent turn of events to be VERY encouraging...the first MAJOR sign that the treatments are working and my body is less burdened. Its really exciting for me! :)

confusedks Enthusiast

Everyone,

Thanks for your warm wishes. :) It is a hard time, but I do know it's the best thing for him. He has already changed...he used to be totally against meds, but now he's on them! Also, they think he's bipolar. I told him he should go on a gluten-free diet! :D:P We were laughing because he thinks I think the whole word should be on a gluten-free diet! LOL! :lol:

My dad and stepmom are supposedly flying out from NZ to see my brother. ;) I'm excited to see them, but I am also frustrated because it's like the whole world has to stop when he does something. :mellow:;)

Rachel,

Congrats about being able to eat more foods!!! :D:) That's really exciting! My brother is almost 20 by the way.

dlp252 Apprentice

Charlie,

Thanks for the update...wow, I am so encouraged by your progress, and your sister!!!!! WOW!!! That is fantastic!!!

Anyone else hear of this?

I have not...but that is interesting.

OMG...can you believe all this!! I freakin ate lunch at a restaurant today!!! :blink:

I had a really fun day. :)

OMGOSH!!!! That is truly amazing and VERY EXCITING!!!!

I am so very sorry! I can't even imagine how you must feel!

I am pages behind but you mentioned several of them back, which was like yesterday :lol: , that you had a good massage and then about the epsom salt bath making you weak, or feeling funky or something.

I also had this happen my last bath. All week I felt great after them and then a few days ago I could hardly stay in past 10 minutes, and then I got really hot after and felt real weak. So I don't know what that means.

I don't know either...it's strange because I haven't had a problem with the baths for a long time now.

I find this recent turn of events to be VERY encouraging...the first MAJOR sign that the treatments are working and my body is less burdened. Its really exciting for me! :)

Me too!!

mftnchn Explorer
Sherry,

Yes, I am seeing one on Wednesday, thanks to Andrea's help! Less than 24 hours after I arrive in Seattle, LOL!

I have listened to all of your experiences and have learned so much from each of you and that pointed me in directions to look into, research and read about in order for me to figure out what was going to be best for me.

So yes, THANK YOU to my OMG friends!!!

Julie, you said this so well. I want to add my thanks to you all as well. This time, instead of going back with all my descriptions and then a "what do I do?" to my LLMD, I have a list of things I would like to check out and possibilities for treatment. I've uncovered the parasite problem as well. And you've become my friends, that is very precious.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
And you've become my friends, that is very precious.

Yes...very sweet and very true Sherry. :)

All of my "peeps" here in the OMG thread are just as precious to me as those who I see in my everyday life. You guys actually know more about me than most people I know! When we first started here who knew it would go on like this and that so many of us would find answers! I think you guys are the best support group in the world!! :wub:

dlp252 Apprentice

Just adding my :wub: and thanks to everyone here!!! :wub: :wub: I know I wouldn't be where I am today without all the help I've received from the people here on our little thread!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Just adding my :wub: and thanks to everyone here!!! :wub: :wub: I know I wouldn't be where I am today without all the help I've received from the people here on our little thread!

Oh, no, another hugfest, LOL. I definitely would not be where I am without all of you. :)

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Count me in on the group hug! :wub: :wub: All of you are so amazing. :wub: :wub:

confusedks Enthusiast

Me too! ^_^:wub: :wub: :wub: I wouldn't be where I am either without you guys! That's for SURE! I had never even heard of Lyme before this thread! :)

aprilh Apprentice

Julie,

DMSA Challenge went well. I would not want to be taking that stuff everyday. I think it would pose problems for me so I am glad its through. And after my last trip to the bathroom at the end of it, I took 2 activated charcoals. I think that helped.

Today, I touched up some paint on my desktop and noticed I reacted to the paint. I told that dr that my son had high levels of arsenic and he said that some paints have arsenic and to check the label. Well, I reacted and it was only a little touch up I did. Guess I'll be replacing it with that low VOC paint. And I bet that is where Aiden got the arsenic. I have been painting this house for years now. Even painted while pregnant. UGH!! Poor little boy.

Sherry,

I found a guasha practioner near me and she also does a gentle method for children! I was so excited about that because I need methods to help them detox. So, I plan to try it first then take Erin. Then hopefully Aiden will be okay with it. He's little and more timid with new things.

His little eyes are so red lately. I feel he needs something. :(

Rachel,

Its so exciting that you are getting somewhere with your treatments! I know you have waited a LONG time for that!

Kassandra,

Sorry about your brother. I hope he gets the help he needs.

I am like you, I am always thinking someone needs to be gluten free!!! :P

Rachel,

Do your dr's detox children? And how young do they start? Do they do iv chelation on younger ones?

Aiden is 3 1/2 and I worry so much about how much he has been exposed to through my pregnancy and vaccines and this house. I couldn't believe how much arsenic came out on an unprovoked challenge. It just worries me constantly.

I guess I'll take him to this dr if I feel he gives me good results.

I have got to find a way to get by without more vaccines before school starts in the fall.

Everyone,

I am new to the thread, but I do appreciate all the support and advice. If it wasn't for Rachel coming on the yeast connection thread every now and then and giving us all the good info on lyme, I wouldn't have even thought of that! A couple of people on that thread were diagnosed with lyme. 3 that I can think of off the top of my head.

It is helpful to hear how others get better and what methods they use.

April

tarnalberry Community Regular
Today, I touched up some paint on my desktop and noticed I reacted to the paint. I told that dr that my son had high levels of arsenic and he said that some paints have arsenic and to check the label. Well, I reacted and it was only a little touch up I did. Guess I'll be replacing it with that low VOC paint. And I bet that is where Aiden got the arsenic. I have been painting this house for years now. Even painted while pregnant. UGH!! Poor little boy.

We've painted two rooms in our house now, one which was half-basement and only had one window without great ventilation. We used Sherwin-William's very low VOC paint. While it can limit your colors somewhat (the no-VOC base can't be used for very bright colors), and it's a bit more expensive than cheap paints, it didn't bother my asthma *AT ALL*. We had friends over while we were painting, and from upstairs, which isn't far from the room we first painted, they couldn't tell we were painting. In the room, it really was not very bad at all. After a week, there was no smell, whatsoever, even to people who had never been in the house, and only the one little dinky window open part of the day.

That's the paint I'll be sticking to for any other painting we do in our house. And it's holding up just fine.

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
I have got to find a way to get by without more vaccines before school starts in the fall.

NC has a religious exemption for vaccinations... pretty much every state except for 2, I think, have religious exemptions... some have philosophical exemptions as well but not NC..

the religious exemptions are fairly easy to obtain even if you aren't necessarily religious, at least from what I understand... though I suppose that could differ from state to state... a friend of mine obtained a religious exemption in Nevada recently for his daughter...

here are a couple sites with exemption information for NC

Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

I only scanned the links briefly, but I think they provide you with what you need to know for NC to get the exemption...

mftnchn Explorer

Gua sha update: My friend did it for me today, and she did a better job I think. More thorough, gentler touch but did it longer. She said usually 3-5 minutes over a spot: 3 min for maintainance purposes, 5 minutes for treatment. She's not a medical practitioner...but this is a household/folk remedy so most people do it or have it done. She also did my neck and shoulders which were really bad--worst color yet. Even raised lumps. She only did 2 minutes on each area as it was too tender. I'll take another picture for Dr. E. That gives me pictures of three treatment responses. You can clearly see the areas of "stagnation".

April, that's great. You'll need to prepare your kids, as it is quite uncomfortable if you have a reactive area, the other areas are just fine. Maybe the practitioner can make some suggestions for the kids so it is easier for them.

Sherry

Archived