This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

confusedks Enthusiast

Oy vey! It's pulled and it wasn't bad...the Dr. was flirty though! It was very funny. They ALL remembered me because when I had it placed, we talked about the places I have traveled, so they remembered! :lol: LOL! :lol:

My grandpa had to meet me there because I am under 18, so I needed someone there to consent, and he apparently went to the wrong building! So, 45 minutes later I called my uncle (because I forgot my cell phone at home, of course! :rolleyes:) and he freaked, he thought something was wrong, lol. Finally we just got my uncle to give oral consent (thank goodness he did!) and then they pulled it.

When I was leaving the valet area, my grandpa pulled up! A little late! LOL! Glad that's over! No more PICC line for me! :D Now there is big hole where the line was placed. :huh:

Andrea, I hope you get a response from your Dr so you can figure out what to do. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confusedks Enthusiast

OMG, I want to KILL my insurance company! I don't know how they SLEEP at night! They are SO awful! :angry: :angry: Grrr! Sorry, just had to vent! :)

truthsearcher Rookie

Talking to the Insurance Co = Lyme flare

I dread talking to the Ins. Co. some days I'd rather die than talk to them.

So... I can relate <_<

dlp252 Apprentice

All insurance companies are evil. :angry::P

mftnchn Explorer

Quick drive by...got in safetly and smoothly to Seattle. Will post when I can.

Sherry

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Kassandra,

Yay! You're picc-less! :D

Called the drs office several times today but couldn't get through to a live human. Left a voice mail for the appt nurse. Hopefully, she'll call me back tomorrow and we can get this darn thing scheduled.

I've been of the opinion for many years that insurance is just a legalized and instutionalized form of crooked gambling. You pay in every month in the hope that you never have to use it. And then when you do need it, they don't want to provide the services you paid for. The whole system needs a serious kick in the pants.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, you tried Nyxie!

Yay, Sherry's in the USA, lol.

Okay, so here's a little know factoid about me. I am a total and absolute KLUTZ. Sometimes I get by in life with the klutz trait barely noticable, and other times, like today...fear for your life. :P So, I'm getting my shot stuff ready...feeling really nervous about the whole thing. I get everything ready...making sure everything is sterile, I've drawn the stupid medicines, trying to mix the two and get out any air bubbles, and...

I DROP THE STUPID SYRINGE!!!! Yep, down there on my mold filled carpet. I stared at it for a couple of minutes and decided nothing was going to change about the situation, so, I trashed the thing. Doh, I could have just changed the needle, didn't have to throw away the whole thing. Course, I didn't realize that until AFTER I dropped the thing and THEN pulled out the instructions. :P THe instructions say clearly that if the needle tip touches anything you can't use it, but you can change the tip. Anyway, I was so darned flustered that I forgot and injected a little of the one medicine into the other bottle. YIKES. It wasn't much though and gotta take both anyway, but you just shouldn't do it, lol.

Good news is I didn't want to pass out, lol, but my leg hurts...probably just because I've convinced myself that I did it all wrong and my leg will now fall off. :lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confusedks Enthusiast
Talking to the Insurance Co = Lyme flare

I dread talking to the Ins. Co. some days I'd rather die than talk to them.

So... I can relate <_<

Ugh! I HATE, HATE, HATE them! :angry: :angry: I hope they rot! :lol:

I DROP THE STUPID SYRINGE!!!!

My leg hurts every time I do it...so if it's any consolation, I think that's normal. My question is, why do you do it in the afternoon? They told me to do it in the morning, so it doesn't disturb my sleep pattern (yea, right! :lol:).

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi Nyxie, they never answer their phone, it's always a message system. If you have gotten through, it was a fluke. :) Just leave a message, I've only had them lose the message once in all this time working with them.

Kassandra, glad you got rid of the PICC.

Donna, keep us posted about your leg ... I'd hate to hear it fell off!

confused Community Regular

Remember how i was having bad dreams for awhile, i figured out what was causing them, it was from smoking and from quitting. I have not had a bad dream in a few days now and i have actually slept all night. The nicotine was what was keeping me up. Well at least this is what i hope, watch i will have bad dreams tonight lol.

Im glad with my insurance we never have to pay more then 5 for generics or 20 for brand name. Only thing they dont cover is kids well check up and immunizationgs. But everything else is 80-90 percent covered. We only had to fight with them once when we wanted to start ss on allergy shots, but we won lol.

donna,

Hope ur leg feels better and glad u didnt faint. Sorry u dropped it on the floor tho.

paula

AndreaB Contributor

Sherry,

Yay!!! You got here safe and sound! :D

Donna,

Somehow I don't think you're the only one to have done something like that. :P

Nyxie,

Hang in there! :)

dlp252 Apprentice

All is well...my leg hurts less and it's still attached to my body. :lol::P

Kassandra,

I asked whether I should do it in the morning or afternoon and they said it didn't matter. I've been getting them in the office at around 3:00 and it hasn't seemed to make things any worse than they are sleep wise, lol. Course tonight will be a bad sleep night anyway because I have ensemble practice at 9:00 tonight. Uggg.

Paula,

Hope you are right about the smoking, lol.

Green12 Enthusiast

Wow, I got real behind here :lol:

Sherry glad you got home safely! Keep us posted on all your follow up appts, and the new ones you are going to have.

Andrea, sorry you are still having abdominal symptoms. Hope the probiotics help, or that your Dr can give you some answers and something to help.

Donna, glad you survived your shot mishap :lol:

Paula, hope you keep going strong without your smoking, that will really contribute to your healing process!

I don't really have anything to report.....

I'm noticing some slight irribility yesterday and today, not sure if it is too soon to see the effects of homeopathy, but maybe my liver is doing its thing :D

My practitioner said keep taking my epsom salt/soda baths, not only good for detox but they are also a great source of magnesium.

Also, I have continued with my charcoal which is supposed to be constipating, well with me it has the opposite effect :blink: . I was slightly constipated before taking it and ever since have had very significant movements, go figure!

And, I am drinking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water before meals to help prep optimal digestion.

confusedks Enthusiast

I'm about to shower PICC-less! OMG, I am so EXCITED! I don't have to wear a glove all the way up to my shoulder! :lol::D:P

Update on my brother: he was "upgraded/promoted" to a residential living program! I'm shocked, not in a bad way, but I didn't think he would "move" that quickly! :D And, we have our first family session thing tomorrow! :unsure:

AndreaB Contributor

Julie,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the charcoal has been good for you. :P

Kassandra,

Is the upgrade back home or in a residential area of the facility?

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hey everyone

Went 7 days no ice cream. Then pow I didn't fall off the wagon but I fell of the ice cream truck. :mellow:

Green12 Enthusiast

Lisa, that's great you made it 7 days!

Now get back on that truck and make it another 7 days!!

Baby steps :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel

I hope tou do not mind me asking so many questions because I have 2 more here.

Do you still use gluthione?

Did you react to biotin?

thanks

Eisabet...there's no such thing as too many questions here. ;)

No...I do not take glutathione anymore because I react to it. My Dr. has it on the"must avoid" list...because it stresses my body pretty bad.

I dont know for sure if Biotin caused me problems but I suspect it did...although I didnt really notice anything until I'd been taking it for over a week. When my Dr. tested it it didnt go on the "must avoid" list but it wasnt one of the things I really benefited from either. Basically, it wasnt really doing me any good to take it.

Wow, I got real behind here :lol:

Me too!! :P

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra,

Is the upgrade back home or in a residential area of the facility?

It's a residential part of the facility. He apparently isn't going to be coming home at all anymore...maybe to visit, but my mom is going to turn his room into an office for her. :)

Ridgewalker Contributor
All insurance companies are evil. :angry::P

I've been of the opinion for many years that insurance is just a legalized and instutionalized form of crooked gambling. You pay in every month in the hope that you never have to use it. And then when you do need it, they don't want to provide the services you paid for. The whole system needs a serious kick in the pants.

Amen, sisters! ... then if they DO provide the services you paid for, you must pay again- deductible and copays. It's utterly crooked, evil, and wrong. People are dying everyday because of this, right here in America.

miamia Rookie

Sorry its been a while since i posted-

Julie-

Thank you so much for the updates on your appt. and protocol. I am so happy you found someone you feel comfortable with!! I am so glad you are gonna start on a treatment plan. I cannot wait to hear how it goes.

Rachel-

Geez. you and the new found i am very jealous, but so so happy for you!!! A Big Mac is not so far away.

Kassandra-

good new on getting the line removed. I hope you enjoyed your shower.

Andrea,

So sorry to hear about the abdominal pain hopefully the probiotic will help.

Ok- quick update. I had a sonogram done this week, abdominal and pelvic. I was kind of dreading it and sisn't know why I think mostly becasue i doubt it will show anything and i really wish it would. But at lesat i figured it was uninvasive.............Wrong!!! The pelvic was invasive and lets just say it was less than enjoyable!!

I have chelation today and am going to set up an appt. with my doc. I ahve a long list of things I want to discuss with him and its too much to do over the phone or via email.

I have my endoscopy and colonoscopy scheduled for FEb. 1st. (yes I am dreading that- although I ahve to admit looking forward to the anesthesia)

Ok bathroom question for everyone- does everyone go everyday? Just curious.

Ok thats it for now sorry for everyone i forgot.

Oh- one more thing- i missed the love fest a few pages back and I coulden't let an oh my god love fest pass by without me chiming in.... I Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!

Miamia

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Miamia,

Oh yeah. The trans-vag. Had one of those back in August. "You want to put what where?????" :o:blink: They're not fun. Didn't help that my right ovary decided to go walkabout and wasn't where it was supposed to be.

re: bathroom - I tend to go either every day or every other day. It really depends if I've been cheating or not and if I'm taking the enzymes/probiotics like I should. If I've been a "good girl" then yes, every day. This has only been since taking the gluten/dairy/corn out of my diet tho. Prior to the diet modifications it was maybe twice a week, if that.

The endo/colonoscopy wasn't that bad when I had mine in Sept. Have you had one done before? The worst part for me was not eating solids. Did you ask for the Osmo-Prep? That stuff rocks, as far as preps go.

Good luck at your dr's appt today. :)

covsooze Enthusiast

Mia, good to see you :) That pelvic exam sounds nasty. Hope the endoscopy/ colonoscopy goes well. As for toilet trips, I often go 2 or 3 times in the morning, and that's me done for the day usually. I think I've still got problems there that need sorting.

Donna, how did the practice go?

Everyone - just had my telephone consult. It's the first time I've really felt listened to about my health and taken seriously :D Dr P was lovely and is sure that I'm still hypothyroid (silly blood tests) and that my main problem is adrenal. He also thinks it's highly likely that I have a candida problem :ph34r: I told him that freaks me out having done the diet before, but he was very reassuring. Once I've had my adrenals tested, I'll have natural thyroid and adrenal support. He's pretty sure that this is why, amongst other things, I had the miscarriages. I will be having a face-to-face consultation in March. Oh, and mustn't forget to add, he said that I'm NOT a hypochondriac lol!!! :lol:

And just wanted to add my :wub::wub::wub: to the hug fest :D

S x

dlp252 Apprentice

Morning all.

I ended up NOT going to rehearsal last night...was all set to go, put on my coat and gloves, then started feeling dizzy and nauseated, so took off the coat and gloves and layed down...started feeling better, so got up and put the coat and gloves on, and started feeling dizzy and weird again, so gave up and just layed on the couch! :lol:

But, all that confusion and undecisiveness caused a couple of things to happen. I completely forgot to take my melatonin last night. I take a bunch of it, and my doctor wants me to take a trial period off of it, but I've been afraid, lol. I've been sleeping fairly well and didn't want to mess it up--I still wake up every hour after midnight, but I go back to sleep quickly, which is great.

Well, it took me slightly longer to get to sleep, but I slept pretty well! Woke up around 1:30 (great because I've been waking up around 12:30 for several weeks now), went to the bathroom got back in bed and fell asleep...COMPLETELY forgot to take my charcoal, which is something else I had convinced myself was helping me sleep, lol. I usually take that the first time I wake up which is when I usually go to the restroom.

So, I'm going to try at least a couple of days a week without all the melatonin and see what happens. Then maybe I'll increase the days off of it a little at a time.

Kassandra,

Great news about your brother!

AND, about your picc-less shower, lol!

Lisa,

Congratulations on 7 days without ice cream...I agree...get back on that ice cream wagon!

Mia,

Yep I've had that type of sonogram too...NOT fun, lol!

As for the bathroom...I usually go everyday, anywhere from 1-5 times. Lately though I've had quite a few days (not in a row) where I don't go at all. I think the Humaworm killed off some pesky thing that helped the D along.

Susie,

Sounds like a GREAT phone consult!!!!

Amen, sisters! ... then if they DO provide the services you paid for, you must pay again- deductible and copays. It's utterly crooked, evil, and wrong. People are dying everyday because of this, right here in America.

AND, then they raise your RATES!!! Stupid evil insurance companies!! :angry::P

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Lisa,

Just a thought.... how's your ferritin level? A lot of people with low iron will crave ice or cold foods. Maybe that's why you're craving ice cream so much? You could always try something like crushed ice and fruit juice. No dairy, but you still get that cold sensation.

Donna,

Glad to hear you're going to try to kick the melatonin. My dr told me that long-term use of melatonin can shrink the pituitary(? or was it pineal? one of those P-glands in the brain). He gave me some, but said to only take it a maximum of 2-3 times a week. Still haven't taken it.

Do you drink salt water? It might help with the dizzy/vertigo. Hope that sensation doesn't last. That would suck.

Kassandra,

Yes! Excellent news about your brother. :)

Susie,

Is this THE Dr P over in the UK? Wow! Just Wow!

Archived