This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

mftnchn Explorer
On her website she says she has a "fun program" for kids so they won't be scared. I think she starts out very slow with them. I am going to call today to check it out.

Do you find that you have trouble moving out the toxins that it releases? That is my only concern.

Quick note before I close down my computer for travel...

I haven't noticed trouble so far. It opens the pores so you excrete more from the skin I think. The first time on the second day I was tired, they told me that was normal. I do keep taking my charcoal, and drink water.

Sherry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mftnchn Explorer
I don't envy you the jet lag and getting used to a different time schedule while you're on this side of the "pond". Looking forward to you hitting stateside though.......safely that is. :lol:

Thanks...I do okay with the ambien at night...but have to take it for 10 days in a row now. Guess it is my age.

We'll be headed by you on Friday, we have to get to Oregon City by mid afternoon to pick up the key to the place we are staying. We wouldn't have long to stop, but maybe could if there is an easy place to meet?

Otherwise we'll catch you on our next trip north in mid February.

Sherry

confusedks Enthusiast

Quick update: The mepron is supposed to be $564 with insurance, but apparently we are about $100 away from hitting a deductible! That's amazing! So, I'm going to call tomorrow and ask the insurance company what it would cost if we paid and hit the deductible, because if it's only $15 or something close to that, we will gladly pay so it's cheap from here on out.

:D Just wanted to report good news! :D

Green12 Enthusiast

Good news on getting the cost of the meds down Kass and Nyxie, good news on the appt!

AndreaB Contributor

That's great Kassandra! :D

confusedks Enthusiast

Okay now I have bad news. It seems there is something wrong with my PICC line, so we are waiting to hear back from the Dr to see if we need to go to the ER! <_< UGH! If it's not one thing, it's another. ;)

truthsearcher Rookie

Hope everything is ok with PICC line Kass.

Hang in there.

Laurie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
Hope everything is ok with PICC line Kass.

Hang in there.

Ditto.

confusedks Enthusiast

He called back and he said unless I have a fever or get flu-like symptoms, I don't need to go to the ER. He said if I do get either of those, go right away to the ER and it's not to be taken lightly. He wants me to go tomorrow and have it pulled because he said he doesn't want to keep it in anymore, it's making him too nervous.

Also, he got my blood results back and my ferritin is over 100 now! He doesn't remember exactly what the number is, but since I won't need more for about 4-5 months, he wants to pull the line. YAY! It's really annoying me. Showering with Lyme is hard enough, let alone having to tape my whole arm every time!

AndreaB Contributor

Good news Kassandra. :)

Green12 Enthusiast
Also, he got my blood results back and my ferritin is over 100 now! He doesn't remember exactly what the number is, but since I won't need more for about 4-5 months, he wants to pull the line. YAY!

Yay!! This is wonderful news :)

confusedks Enthusiast
Good news Kassandra. :)

Thanks guys! :DB) I am now trying to remind myself not to eat in the morning in case they need to use anesthesia to take it out, I have to have fasted. Hmm...I wonder if I wrote a note on my forehead?! :lol: :lol: I probably wouldn't see that!

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Kassandra,

What great news! :D

And to everyone, thanks so much for your encouragement, support and kicks in the butt (motivation). I'd probably still be wallowing if it weren't for you. :wub:

Hubby's grumbling about money this morning (which he pretty much does every payday), but we have enough for the appt and he grudgingly agreed. Looks like I'm going to have to find some way of bringing income into the house.... and soon.

I'll be calling Dr H's office to make the appt. Will let you know when it is.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Good news Kassandra and Nyxie! :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Wow, how fun!!! Great news from Kassandra, Nyxie and Paula! Nice to wake up and see good news all around in Rachelville!

Speaking of waking up, lol. I don't know how it happens, but this is the second time it has...my clock somehow changes time. Today the alarm went off at 4:40 like it's supposed to, only the time on my actual clock got set ahead somehow, so it was actually 3:40! Blah, lol. I'm not sure how that is happening because the button to hit to change the time is a tiny little button and it's not easy to hit! Egads, I may have to get a new clock. This one was nice because it's a C D/Radio/Clock unit, but it's trash bound if it can't keep time, lol. I made good use of the time though and actually put on makeup...so like Paula, I'm feeling good with my EM makeup on. :P

Had an eye exam yesterday. The good news is that he says my eyes are very healthy and look really good. Bad news...getting new glasses and YOWZER were they expensive, lol. I was able to put it on my FSA account though.

Okay, I'm nervous again...I'm going to give myself my B12 shot today. :wacko: I've had one a week for the last 3 weeks, so I'm going to try 2 a week for at least a couple of weeks to see what that does. Dr. S said I could have them 1 or 2 times per week.

confused Community Regular
Wow, how fun!!! Great news from Kassandra, Nyxie and Paula! Nice to wake up and see good news all around in Rachelville!

Speaking of waking up, lol. I don't know how it happens, but this is the second time it has...my clock somehow changes time. Today the alarm went off at 4:40 like it's supposed to, only the time on my actual clock got set ahead somehow, so it was actually 3:40! Blah, lol. I'm not sure how that is happening because the button to hit to change the time is a tiny little button and it's not easy to hit! Egads, I may have to get a new clock. This one was nice because it's a C D/Radio/Clock unit, but it's trash bound if it can't keep time, lol. I made good use of the time though and actually put on makeup...so like Paula, I'm feeling good with my EM makeup on. :P

Had an eye exam yesterday. The good news is that he says my eyes are very healthy and look really good. Bad news...getting new glasses and YOWZER were they expensive, lol. I was able to put it on my FSA account though.

Okay, I'm nervous again...I'm going to give myself my B12 shot today. :wacko: I've had one a week for the last 3 weeks, so I'm going to try 2 a week for at least a couple of weeks to see what that does. Dr. S said I could have them 1 or 2 times per week.

Well it was a good day.

But at least i feel better today and look awesome lol.

Good luck on the shot, that makes me hurt just thinking about it lol. But after u getting up so early maybe u need that boost of energy today lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice
Good luck on the shot, that makes me hurt just thinking about it lol. But after u getting up so early maybe u need that boost of energy today lol

Yes, especially since I have ensemble group practice tonight, which doesn't start until around 9:00 (when I usually go to bed!).

AndreaB Contributor

I'm so happy you'll be able to make the appointment Nyxie! :D :D

Donna,

I don't what to think about your clock. :huh: I think I'd say.....they don't make things like they used to. On the other hand, we've had some clocks for quite a few years that are still doing great!

Hope you do ok with giving yourself the shot. :)

I emailed Dr E about the abdominal pain and she wants me to increase my probiotics for now. She will get back to me in a few days when she's had time to go over what I'm taking and try to figure things out. She's trying to keep me from needing to go up. Now I also have some pain where I'm thinking the stomach is......between the bottom of the rib cage. I think the abdominal pain has gotten a little better the last week, but it's still there. I've also not been sleeping that well since this all started. Would that be semi insomniac or insomniac? :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's an update on me. I had a raging headache yesterday which is why I wasn't posting much. I tend to get headaches when I'm tired. So if you just see vague, short comments that may be why. Know that I'm reading and thinking about you all. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh Andrea, any disturbance of sleep is insomnia to me! :lol:

Yeah, I'm thinking I should go back to the very simple old-fashioned alarm clock. I've had this one for a few years now, and never had any trouble, but two times in the last month or two the time has "changed". So, unless I'm sleep walking, I don't think I'm doing it, lol.

confused Community Regular
Oh Andrea, any disturbance of sleep is insomnia to me! :lol:

Yeah, I'm thinking I should go back to the very simple old-fashioned alarm clock. I've had this one for a few years now, and never had any trouble, but two times in the last month or two the time has "changed". So, unless I'm sleep walking, I don't think I'm doing it, lol.

That is why i use my cell phone for my alarm, well we all do. Its funny hubbys goes off at 4, mine at 4:45, and my stepsons at 6. I have to set mine just in case hubby pushes snooze in his sleep lol.

paula

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Paula,

That thing about your alarm made me laugh. We only set the alarm if hubby has to get up for the early shift (he's on swing shift). Its on to wake me up so I can wake him up. He wouldn't hear it. :D

Andrea,

Sorry you're not feeling well now.

Donna,

Good luck with the shot! Steady hand and keen eye, etc... or is it the other way around? :huh::D

Everyone,

To add to the further good news, just got off the phone with Mom. She's sending us $500 to take the owie out of the financial situation right now. We'll have to pay her back over time, of course, but it's something. She was so pleased I finally have an answer (of sorts).

Will be calling Dr H's office once they're back from lunch. Woot!

AndreaB Contributor

That's great Nyxie! Certainly helps to ease some of the stress right now. :)

confusedks Enthusiast

Off to go get my PICC pulled! I'm so nervous it's not even funny! I'm so afraid it's going to hurt when they pull the 5 stitches! Ahhhh

AndreaB Contributor
Off to go get my PICC pulled! I'm so nervous it's not even funny! I'm so afraid it's going to hurt when they pull the 5 stitches! Ahhhh

Hoping it goe better than you think it will.

dlp252 Apprentice

Yay, more good news from Nyxie!!!

Kassandra, hope all is going well for you! I'm sure it will!

Archived