This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Andrea and Donna,

Thanks. I think I'm just really depressed right now. Will probably call in the next day or so, once I get over this funk.

-----------

Btw, they faxed the results. MDL labs is supposed to be pretty good from what I've been reading on LN. Anyway, I'm looking at them. They ran PCRs for everything, 2 elisa tests, and both IgM and IgG western blots. Color me surprised.

I show some banding at 58,41, and 28 on the IgG. There's also some very light banding at 37. They didn't do the + or - thing, so I really don't have a clue as to the strength of the reaction. On the IgM, there's banding at 23 and very light banding at 41.

Can anyone help with this?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confusedks Enthusiast

Sherry,

I can't move into my brothers room because we are trying to rid it of the pot smell. ;):ph34r: I will ask my mom to help me move the chair though. Also, a big part of lyme is neck/shoulder/head pain for me, in answer to your question.

Good luck, and I hope you have a safe flight. :)

Carla,

I may try tylenol, but it doesn't usually really work. It's a bummer I can't take baths because they are so helpful.

Everyone,

Well, I'm off to go get my blood drawn for Igenex, then pick up the rest of my Zith from the pharmacy. Did I tell you guys that Zith was $264 last month and only $78 this month? I'm going to call the insurance company about that once I get the meds in my hands. :lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Charlie,

I am so glad your sister got to be there when the that RSD bill was signed! :) That probably was the best thing for her! Her progress is very exciting! We all are pulling for her. Physical therapy can be tough, but she is a strong person.

Torn ligaments are very painful! That is so strange how it just hurt all of the sudden in your toe. Those things are so weird. My mother had a torn ligament in her leg just by walking up the hill at her friend's house. She had done it a billion times before, but that particular time did a number on her.

Since you chew Glee Gum, I was wondering if it sticks to teeth. I currently chew Extra Sugar-Free Bubble Gum. It is the only one I have found that does not stick to my teeth. They are very crooked, and it is really a major problem. There is a possibility soy is an issue, and Glee Gum has some flavors that do not have soy lecithin.

You mentioned using detox foot pads. I have been thinking about getting Kinoki foot pads. Are those what you use? Bev was using some, too. I do not know what brand she has, though.

Candida tends to cause low blood sugar. Research I have done repeatedly mentions that as a symptom.

My blood sugar was 67 just an 1 1/2 hours after eating. Yours seems to be in a very bad state. My guess is your pancreas in not functioning properly. Such a sharp drop in an hour's time points to congestion in that organ.

Following a low carbohydrate diet has been impossible for me. I get sick from my glucose getting low. I start shaking and sweating, and all kinds of stuff. Diabetes is what my grandfather has, so I am very concerned about this. According to my holistic physician, hypoglycemia is the other side of the same coin that Diabetes is on. Most people who start out with low blood sugar eat things like candy to make it rise, then later end up diabetic because they became overweight and then could not produce enough insulin.

I do not want to do any treatments that cause a step backward, either. I want to move forward! Being sick all of this time is too long! Improvement is allowed only! No more suffering!

Thank you for the vaccine exemption information! It is good to have, even if you do not live in NC. You never know when you might meet someone else there needing the information. Things like that are good to have on hand. Who knows when you will come across someone living there needing help?

Dear Laurie,

Those B-12 shots are expensive! :o I would like to take a sublingual supplement. Mixing the powder is pretty nasty. Not having insurance makes getting shots too expensive. At least your math brain is working!

It is sad about Sandi. She sounded like a great person. Ovarian Cancer kills so many women. Early detection is essential. Unfortunately, some of the early symptoms are so vague, they are often missed. Women often do not find out until it is too late.

Dear Paula,

I am not sure if I was officially diagnosed as Celiac, but my doctor believes me to be. I have a typical history. I spit up every formula as an infant and had to be placed on 2 percent milk. As I got older, I had constant respiratory infections and severe allergies. Nausea and stomach aches were nearly constant. As a teenager, I became anemic. At 20, my gallbladder had to be removed.

Upon blood testing in 2000, I was seronegative. According to my physician, she has had a handful of patients who are Celiac (often severely so), who did not have it show up in the blood tests. In 2001, when I had the endo/colonoscopy/intercolisis/gastric emptying study, I do not recall any mention of a biopsy. If they did take one, they probably overlooked Celiac. These people were complete idiots.

Did you have fun at the basketball game? I loved to play as a kid. My older brother used to go outside and shoot hoops. The one difficult thing was if the ball got away from us. After it went through the hoop and hit the ground, it would go all the way down the hill! We got plenty of exercise doing this.

Thank you for the link to the 6WBMO group! I am going to type out the yeast elimination list and send it to you soon! Nursing my mouth from the tooth extraction has been my primary objective lately. I am anxious about starting this new program. Health improvement and body improvement all in one are great. You rarely find those two together.

Sorry about your liver enzymes being elevated. Candida might be responsible. Yeast has a habit of congesting the liver. Considering you had several children in a short period of time, were on birth control for 13 years, and took numerous courses of antibiotics as a child, it is no wonder that you are suffering from yeast! I was on antibiotics like crazy all my life, plus steroids for asthma as a teenager, and as I got older, birth control. Anything that alters your hormones particularly has an impact on Candida.

Dear Judy,

How are you? We do not see you much. I hope you are doing better. Did you figure out why you felt so bad? Or, are you still struggling?

Dear Mia,

Carla is an inspiration! :) Her news was so great! Good news makes me feel better, no matter who it is from. You will make it! The Levaquin is doing its thing.

Dear Rachel,

Wow! I cannot believe all you have been eating! Even better is the reactions are much less severe!

All of that food sounds so good! I am sure getting rid of the metals was an extreme help, although the Keto probably did make things a bit more tolerable. Could you send me a psychic sensation while you eat a Big Mac and fries?

It is good you were awake this time when you saw Donna! That always makes for better conversation.

Unconscious people tend to be lousy at responding. :lol: Plus, the discussion is so one-sided when that happens. You know what would be really embarrassing? If you are in middle of talking to someone, and they fall asleep on you. Been there, done that! People look at you like you are crazy and talking to yourself.

I am glad you have gained a few pounds. Keeping it on is the difficult part for you. I do not have that trouble. At one time I did. Now I seem to have the opposite trouble.

Parasites producing ammonia is a scary thought. That would explain why so many people with Candida have strong body odor. Since killing off some of it, I have been doing better in that department at least. Most people with Candida have parasites as well. I am not sure about the PH balance issue you have had. Yeast does best in an acidic environment, but I read somewhere that a PH that is too alkaline could also support its growth.

Cobra it is! Your alien baby is naughty! Do not abort the mission! I repeat, do not abort the mission! Alinia is arriving.

You sure take a lot of supplements! If those are basic, I would hate to see a lot! Pills are just not something I like taking. I do not know if I tolerate B or C vitamins well or not. I suppose I do, because I was taking a supplement and felt better on it before. It is a powder. Maybe I should start taking it again.

I may need electrolytes. I know they can cause a lot of trouble when they are low. They were low several years ago before going up to the hospital. There is no telling about now. I have thought about drinking some Gatorade and see how I do. The thing is, all of the artificial colors and stuff worry me.

Speaking of the Lymerdida Guadalupe, have you been in it lately? You have not mentioned it in a long time. Saunas are something that I could not handle. I barely make it through a shower sometimes. Neurally Mediated Hypotension is known to cause this.

Dear Kassandra,

That is great your appointment with the hematologist went well! They do try to debunk other doctors if they are natural practitioners. This is always so irritating. If it were one of their traditional Western medicine colleages, they would support anything they said. When one says you are nuts, they all follow suit! :angry:

No more Ambien! It is too risky for you. That is why I do not take pills. The dentist gave me a prescription for Darvocet, but I did not want to risk a reaction. I figure this cannot be too bad compared to gallbladder surgery. I did not take anything for it, either.

I am sorry to hear about your brother. You mentioned your mother having bipolar tendencies. Those are often genetic. He may have inherited it. I am just glad he is getting treatment, although I hate that it is so emotionally difficult for you. These things are hard to deal with, especially when you are sick.

What a bummer the doctor was too busy for the phone consultation! At least you got to talk to the PA. That is good. Things are moving along! Getting treated for Babs will really make life better. Mepron is scary expensive, though. Thank goodness your grandparents will help with the meds!

My doctor may or may not have officially diagnosed me with Celiac. I am not sure. This is difficult to say. Many doctors do not do it due to insurance reasons. You cannot get life insurance when you have Celiac a lot of the time. I am not really concerned about that since I have no children and do not trust my family. To me, that is just another reason for them to whack you.

Not more mold! It does sound like moving the chair our of there is a good idea. Can you bleach the carpet? As long as you wear a mask, that might help. Exposure to that stuff is really dangerous.

Nausea and I always seem to be hanging around each other, too. I know how you feel. It is like being pregnant and having morning sickness all of the time. Perfumes, cologne, food, the smell of cleaners, anything makes you want to be sick. The Phenergan makes me terribly drowsy, but lately it is so bad, I have to take it almost daily. No food sets well.

For headaches, I take sinus pills. Their active ingredients must be phenylephrine HCl, acitamenophen, and Chloraphenamarine Maleate. I used to take stuff with Pseudophedrine, but they replaced it with Phenylephrine after people began using the other to make meth. Coffee is good to drink with the painkiller.

I know the withdrawal from caffeine is my problem some of the time, but once I drink a few sips of coffee, it gets better.

That is really odd about the Zith. I wonder why the price is so low now? Zith is really expensive most of the time. Even with insurance, we paid kind of a lot before. I do not even want to think about the cost of it without insurance now.

Dear Donna,

I am hoping to get the gene testing done soon. Dad wants to do it. Although it may not be on both sides, it is good to know. I have a feeling it is on both. This would not be surprising, anyway.

The way you are getting your shots done now is pretty inexpensive compared to going to the doctor's office for them. Doing them yourself saves you a lot of money in the long-run. Co-pays are $15 or so, then there is the actual shot to pay for. I am glad you are doing good with it. They hurt sometimes, but since I have had way more invasive things done, I do not mind needles.

That is so cool you saw Rachel again! One day, you guys will get to meet out. You can have lunch and drinks! After you are well, having a leisurely lunch at Outback would be wonderful! Or, maybe well all could be there!

Epsom salt baths make me nervous. I am not sure why you got weak after the one the other night when you did fine for so long. Maybe it was too close to you needing another shot? Could the epsom salt bath maybe have pulled out the B-12? This is the only thing I can think of.

Dear Carla,

The antibiotics I was on are used to treat Lyme. Did you say before Metronidazole (Flagyl) and Amoxicillin are used to treat it? Those are the two I took the past couple of times. I always tolerated Flagyl before, but the last time I took it felt terrible. Then, I got better on the Amoxy as far as nausea went, and the stiffness and pain in my neck and shoulders improved after a few days of having a mild sore throat and such. My colon was crazy, though.

Once the course of abx was over, I felt really rough again. I have no idea why. This is puzzling. My stomach did not seem to recover. Taking the Florastor helped, but the other issues are back. Nausea in particular got worse.

I really need to PM Bev. I would love to hear from her. Getting on the Silly Thread has been impossible for me lately. I did not expect you to tell me! :lol: That is too much stuff to keep straight! With all of the supplements you need to take, I have no idea how you manage that!

130 pounds at your height is not bad! I wish I was your height. I am only 5'1 and 121 pounds. Being this short, if you gain one lousy pound, you have a spare tire. Of course, I am luckier than my mother, who is only 4'11 1/2.

I agree that Kassandra should think about legally pursuing this situation. The landlord is bound by law to take care of this. She has rights as a tenant. Many lawsuits have resulted from toxic mold infestations. Hopefully, the landlord will comply immediately.

Dear Nyxie63,

I have lost weight recently without trying too hard. My rings are too loose, now. I am afraid they will fly off somewhere. I am very hungry a lot despite the nausea. Talk about an unfair combination. Sorry to hear you still have stomach pain. Are the enzymes helping anymore?

My gums were still bleeding by the next day. I called the oral surgeon's office. The assistant told me to try a softened tea bag and bite down on it for 20 minutes. If it did not work, to call back. It worked! Apparently, the gauze will rip out the clot if it is on there too long. They did not mention this before.

Brain fog does suck! Thyroid meds can really make your heart feel like it is going to pound out of your chest! I could not tolerate them. Even worse, the Levothyroxine did not even help me lose any weight. I could not sleep on it, either. I got jittery. I ended up making dietary changes, and adding supplements. Now my Thyroid is hyper again.

Saunas are owned by a few of the members on here. Julie, Rachel, and Carla have one. I get dizzy and weak from being too hot. My blood pressure getting low is part of it. The overactive Thyroid is another contributor.

Dear elisabet,

Thank you for the PTH information! I may do some research on that. This is interesting. By the way, do not worry about your English! It is fine! You are doing very well!

What is wrong with your son? Does he have heavy metals in his system, too? You mentioned his health being poor. I hope he is alright. Is he a Celiac?

I think you might have been thinking about me with the skin condition. I have eczema really bad. It is on my hands. Nothing works on it. I thought about trying chamomile balm.

Dear stephtd,

Corn may be an issue for me. I am beginning to think so. I have noticed my brother is doing better than me. He does not eat tortilla chips, popcorn, or cereals made from it. That may be why!

Dear April,

Yeast not only can be caused by Celiac, but can cause Celiac itself. Candida can result in Leaky-Gut, and activation of Celiac Disease occurs due to gluten particles permeating the gut. All of these things tend to be connected. Some people get gluten intolerance temporarily from yeast, but for some it is not. They must stay gluten-free for life.

Ambien sounds like a dangerous pill to me. I will not take stuff like that. Sleeping is important, but my system is too fragile. You and Kassandra are like I am. No pill is a good pill.

I am happy to hear your metals challenge went well. I wonder if arsenic will show up for you? The reaction to such a small amount of paint is a red flag. Do not blame yourself with your children. How could you have known? There are reports about children exhibiting personality changes and having seizures from exposure to copper arsenate in the treatment on wood decks.

Gua sha would probably turn me red all over, too! Toxicity is high in both of us I bet. That is great you found a practioner nearby who works with children. What are the odds? No one here probably does anything like that.

Do not worry. I am sure you will figure something out about the vaccine exemptions. Just because you had the shots before does not mean anything. People switch faiths. There is bound to be a way around this.

Poor Sandi! It sounds like she was a terrific person. I wish I had known her. Maybe you guys could do something in her memory? That would be nice. She left quite a legacy behind.

Dear Sherry,

My old high school had cockroaches. That made being in that building difficult healthwise. I always had asthma attacks and coughing fits while attending there. I am glad you get allergy shots for them. What made it worse where our school was located, it was right by the river. Humidity only further aggravated my condition.

Thank you for the gua sha links and info! I hope I get to search on it more. Your last experience sounded interesting. I will be anxious to hear where the toxins are now. Fill us in when you can!

Your relapses tend to be both long and short. Did it vary upon what antibiotics you took? Was there a pattern at all? This might be important. I seem to be in a never-ending relapse.

We are all excited about your appointment with Dr. E! It is very soon. Just right down as much as you can in a notebook. I always have a notebook with me. This way, in case I think of something on my way there, or in the waiting room, I have it handy. I typically write down as much as I can before the appointment, but questions do pop up out of the blue.

Have a safe trip! We cannot wait until you get here! I bet you will be tired. That is like a sixteen hour flight. I remember my friend going there to visit relatives. She was stuck with a bunch of screaming babies that were newly adopted!

Dear Andrea,

Did you do any blood testing for Celiac? Honestly, it is a waste of money. Seronegative Celiacs are common. Dietary response is the best indicator. It must be difficult for Mitch being on the road and having to eat gluten-free.

Seeing your step-son in the mental ward had to be awful! :( The treatment some hospitals give their patients is absolutely intolerable. Just because people are mentally ill does not give them the right to mistreat or neglect them. If they do not want to deal with them, they would actually neglect them, or dope them up on drugs they do not need to shut them up. I find this infuriating.

Dear Birdy,

That is so funny about your mother coughing like that while handling a biohazard box! :lol: You can only imagine what the other people around were thinking. At least you have the bloodwork out of the way, now! It should reach LabCorp in no time! Be sure to tell us when the results come in.

Your dental cleaning sounded painful! Those usually are. In order to get the gums and under the gumline, they have to be kind of rough. I have TMJ as well, and holding your mouth open like that puts a lot of stress on the jaw. You would think they would find a way to correct that situation. I thought it was weird you mentioned the armpit pain, because I get that, too! I think those are lymphnodes under there.

Dear Julie,

I appreciate the accupuncture information! They have a list of people in the phonebook. However, whether or not any of these people are any good is another story. No one would be able to tell me that I know. If you have a link to help me find a practitioner, that would be great!

I have cleaned up my diet the best I could. I did start eating the Stax again yesterday. I had to break them up into tiny bits and chew only on the right side. I was just so desperate for solid food! Applesauce irritated my stomach the other day. Nothing is sacred with my body!

Charcoal is one thing I have not used in a long time. I am afraid to try anything. Since you are using it during angioedema outbreaks, it should alleviate some of those symptoms. Toxins are known to flare at times. If you can use the charcoal to prevent a toxic overload, that might prevent the angioedema outbreaks from being so severe.

I do not know why you got shaky and weak after your epsom salt bath. I wish I could suggest something. The only thing I could guess is too many toxins being removed. Magnesium might be the trouble.

Taking in too much at once is not good.

A sauna would not be a good investment for me. Heat is something I am very sensitive to. I can handle being cold better. Cold makes me ache all over, but does not make me feel faint. Other detox methods are safer for me.

Dear tarnalberry,

Sherwin Williams might have been what we used last time. It is of a higher quality. Our primary concern was not VOCs at the time. At least now I know why that paint did not make me dizzy. I have asthma as well, so anything that does not aggravate it is good.

Dear Susie,

I am glad to see you on here! That is awful about your sinuses being so bad. I know the feeling. Some of it is better since I got that infected tooth out. Still, I will have to go on antibiotics.

Dear Everyone,

Well, my gums finally stopped bleeding after the tea bag was used. I believe there is an infection in my jaw, though. The entire thing hurts. I was washing my face this morning when I noticed it was not just the area inside of my mouth where the extraction took place. I do have Amoxy in case I need it. I just wanted to wait until after I get my hair done if possible.

I ordered my IgeniX test kit Tuesday. It got here on Saturday! The trouble is, we cannot afford to do it.

Dad had to spend his entire paycheck on car repairs, because Friday the radiator blew. I am so depressed and frustrated, not to mention angry. Everything on this lplanet always seems to get in my way to health, happiness, and money.

I can open a bank account this week with my money I got for my birthday and Christmas. Then, after I pay the credit union the amount owed from when I was defrauded and had overdraft fees, I could at least get my hair done. Mom and Dad said they would pay me back later. The hair makeover is my birthday present, but I have to wait for it. Since I am going to need new clothes and make-up, that will be a lot by the time it is all said and done.

Sincerely,

Jin

dlp252 Apprentice

Nyxie - here is one explanation of the Western Blot bands:

Here is his update written sometime around 2005.

When physicians do consider borreliosis, they often start with a screening test such as an EIA, ELISA, IFA or PCR-DNA probe. If the initial screening test is negative, many physicians tell patients they do not have Lyme borreliosis and the testing is stopped right there.

Screening tests that are positive are often followed by a test called the Western blot. The blot is a

dlp252 Apprentice

Nyxie,

Sorry, I meant to post the link that I took that from:

Open Original Shared Link

It's a lymnet thread

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Donna,

Thanks! I feel better now that I've had a good cry about it.

So, it looks like I don't pass CDC muster, but there might actually be something going on here.

Interesting.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

Thank you for posting that again! I am glad I got the info from you a while back. This really makes you think. So many strains can be neglected. Properly educated doctors are important to seek out on Borreliosis.

Dear Nyxie63,

Do not fret! Just because you have a negative WB means nothing. First of all, as Andrea said, IgeniX did not do your test. Second, you can have positive bands and actually show Lyme present. The girls can help you interpret them on here if you post your results. Hang in there!

Sincerely,

Jin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna,

Thanks! I feel better now that I've had a good cry about it.

So, it looks like I don't pass CDC muster, but there might actually be something going on here.

Interesting.

Yes, I agree! The CDC criteria was not actually meant to be diagnostic! That's why many LLMDs take into consideration symptoms, western blot results (whether or not CDC positive), other testing, etc.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I show some banding at 58,41, and 28 on the IgG. There's also some very light banding at 37. They didn't do the + or - thing, so I really don't have a clue as to the strength of the reaction. On the IgM, there's banding at 23 and very light banding at 41.

The significant antibodies, in my opinion, are the 18, 23-25, 28, 30, 31, 34, 39, 58, 66 and 93.

Nyxie, my LLMD treated my doctor based on a clinical diagnosis with weaker testing than yours. Her response to treatment confirmed the diagnosis. I hope that helps you decide to make that phone call today. :)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

I agree that the CDC criteria is lacking. My doctor will not listen to it. She also points out how few of the cases may actually have been reported. This is a major issue. There could be doctors not reporting cases, making it harder for people to assess risk.

Dear Carla,

I hope to get my test next week at this time. I have to call ahead. There is no telling which lab they will use for the draw. I hope I do not have to go to the one in the hospital. Waiting takes an eternity. I will be sure to post my WB results once they do come in.

Sincerely,

Jin

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'll look forward to seeing them Jin.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Okay, Nyxie, I just ate lunch, I'm going to clean the kitchen, go to Wild Oats for a veggie juice and to buy food for dinner, then I'm going to stop by hubby's office on the way home. I want to see a post from you when I get back saying you left a message at the doc's office, okay? So, get off the computer, and get on the phone .... see, I remember being afraid of the phone, but you've spent enough days stressing over this phone call ... get to it! ;)

AndreaB Contributor

Nyxie,

Looking at your numbers with what Donna posted and what I have copied over from everyone else's tests.......I wouldn't necessarily take this as a negative. It looks probable to me but I'm not an LLMD. :P

Make the call to Dr H.

Nyxie63 Apprentice
Okay, Nyxie, I just ate lunch, I'm going to clean the kitchen, go to Wild Oats for a veggie juice and to buy food for dinner, then I'm going to stop by hubby's office on the way home. I want to see a post from you when I get back saying you left a message at the doc's office, okay? So, get off the computer, and get on the phone .... see, I remember being afraid of the phone, but you've spent enough days stressing over this phone call ... get to it! ;)

Yes'm! :lol:

I just called. Their "out to lunch" message is still on. Will keep trying.

Green12 Enthusiast

Yes Nyxie, DO NOT despair.

A negative test result can be misleading, the clinical aspect of a diagnosis is very significant.

Jin, sorry you are struggling healthwise and financially. I hope things turn around very soon for you.

I think my practitioner's tip about taking in fluid with electrolytes while in the sauna is going to aleviate my problems with the sauna.

This is the website I was checking on for you:

Open Original Shared Link

Click on the "find a practitioner" blue tab, towards the top there.

Susie UK, sorry about the lingering sinusitus issues. Are you still doing the netti pot?? Hope you get better soon.

For those of you who remember our sweet Dingo dogs, Rachelville's mascots extraordinaire, Susie Q has lost Tika "Stinker".

You can find Susie in the Silly thread if you want to express your condolences.

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Ok, after spending 20 minutes on hold, I finally got to talk with the appt nurse. Gotta wait until hubby comes home because he has the credit card and they need payment to hold the appt. On the bright side, she said she can get me in sometime this month.

Will keep you posted.

AndreaB Contributor
On the bright side, she said she can get me in sometime this month.

Will keep you posted.

That is good news Nyxie! :D

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Carla,

I am looking forward to getting the WB results and posting them! :) I know you guys can decypher them.

This is something I am not too reliant on my doctor for. She could not even order the freakin' test kit, let alone anything else! :rolleyes: Mom says she should be paying me!

Dear Andrea,

You are right. Nyxie could still have Borrelia. Protein bands that are Lyme specific are what to look for. I am sure she will have some important information revealed soon. We will all send good energy in the meantime. ;)

Dear Nyxie63,

I am really glad you got a hold of the doctor's office. Securing the appointment is important. Maybe your husband could e-mail you from work with the card number? Is that possible, or is it too much of a security risk? Let us know when your appointment is!

Dear Julie,

Thank you for the good energy! I need it! Nothing seems to workout for me. I feel cursed. Something is going to change this year. No more being crapped on by the world!

I appreciate the link. I could not get a hit right off. Looking through the phonebook with more specifics will help. That is my next move. It should come up with something.

Oh no! Not our mascots! :( I need to get over to the Silly Thread to tell Susie I am sorry about her furry baby! She is probably devastated. This is so sad!

I am glad to hear the electrolytes help when you do saunas. Maybe that is some of my trouble? I am not sure, but it could be. You never know! So many things could be issues.

Sincerely,

Jin

dlp252 Apprentice
Ok, after spending 20 minutes on hold, I finally got to talk with the appt nurse. Gotta wait until hubby comes home because he has the credit card and they need payment to hold the appt. On the bright side, she said she can get me in sometime this month.

Will keep you posted.

YAY!!!!! Woohoo!!!

confused Community Regular

Will keep you posted.

I hope you get to get in soon. I know its frustrating when u dont get answers. But hopefully when you get in to see this person you will get all the answers that u have been waiitng for.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Will keep you posted.

Very good! :)

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Ok, talked to hubby. The card is close to being maxed right now, so we have to see what's in his paycheck tomorrow. If we have the money, I'll be calling tomorrow for the appt. I had to give him a brief lesson in lyme politics and why I'd have to travel to NY to see a decent dr. He doesn't have a problem with my seeing Dr H or the money. It's just a matter of having the $$ to do this. He is highly cheezed about the two "camps" on lyme. Maybe that'll actually get him involved in some of this. Would be nice.

dlp252 Apprentice
It's just a matter of having the $$ to do this. He is highly cheezed about the two "camps" on lyme. Maybe that'll actually get him involved in some of this. Would be nice.

Yeah, it's all so frustrating...not having the money is a very big problem for me, cuz my cards are close to being maxed out too.

It would be great to get him involved. :P

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Yeah, kinda forgot about all the xmas shopping that put a load on the card. :blink: A bunch of home repair stuff too. And we only have the one card intentionally.

If all else fails, I have an annuity I can tap into and there's always hubby's 401k. We can take a loan out on the 401k and it just gets taken out of his paycheck. Would rather not touch the annuity because its my "emergency money" in case anything happens to hubby. He has kind of a high-risk job.

Once the appts made, then I'll start recruiting/guilting/cajoling/bribing folks so I won't be going up there alone. Need someone to act as a live-action tape recorder just in case I get overwhelmed or am having a bad brain day. I'd like hubby to go with me, but can't count on it because of his work schedule.

confusedks Enthusiast

Jin,

Yea, it's crazy about the insurance. I don't know what's going on. It is also really stressful about my brother, but also a sigh of relief to finally know he's getting the proper treatment he needs.

I actually don't have any issues with taking meds because I know we are treating something, the root cause, not just symptoms. That's the only reason I am okay with doing what I am doing. My family thinks the world is ending because I am taking sleep meds! LOL! Someone suggested I listen to a boring radio talk show at night to help me fall asleep because it's so boring! :D:lol: :lol:

Nyxie,

I hope you can figure out the whole $$ thing for the LLMD. I really think he will have answers for you. I can also relate to what you're going through because I just finished going through that and I'm GLAD it's done because now we know what's going on (well, at least we think we know what's going on). Hang in there! :D

Everyone,

I feel a lot better today. I think I was exhausted and herxing yesterday. I'm not sure though. But, I do feel better today, and I went and got the blood drawn for Igenex, for my challenge results. :) And, I went out to lunch with my uncle in Beverly Hills after an appt. I had there and there was a reallly cute guy working there, and I actully looked good! That's a shocker! :lol: :lol: I am usually so pale, but thanks to my EM make-up and maybe the Zith (?) I look normal, and not sick! I had a great, fun day!

Archived