This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Lori,

I've only had the Myers cocktail once and I didnt react well to it....I felt bad afterwards and I wasnt given any more after that. It was a "test" prior to starting chelation....my Dr. said that if I handled the Myers cocktail then I could proceed with the provoked urine test and chelation (if necessary).

I failed his test. They had taken the B vitamins out of the IV because alot of people who are sensitive have problems with B's. I still had problems with it though.

The Myers had Vitamin C and glutathione and I've had problems with both in oral supplements. I ended up testing very badly for the glutathione in ART. My practitioner told me to inform the nurses who do my IV's that I should not be given any glutathione in any of the IV's. She said it was a major stressor for me.

I ended up requesting only trace minerals in my IV..nothing else. I havent had any bad reactions with the trace minerals. I've been getting the mineral IV's for a few months now and I've been doing chelation along with it.

If you're feeling bad after the IV's its entirely possible that your body is not responding well to something in the IV. Maybe you can be energetically tested to see if you tolerate it? I use ART to guide me through treatment. Everything that makes me feel bad pretty much also tests poorly for me in ART or other types of energetic testing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Heavy Metals - ( I know provoked urine and hair analysis to verify, right?)

Candida - blood antibodies: what is it called? maybe MD could run it

Parasites/Bacteria Infections - stool test? does it matter which one?

Leaky Gut - your above mentioned urine test

Food Allergies - Elisa if I decide to do that

Vitamin/Minerals - any particular one here? just one MD runs covered by insurance?!

For heavy metals I would recommend Doctors Data for both hair and provoked urine testing.

Open Original Shared Link

They also run tests for parasites and bacteria. I think they offer good tests but parasite testing is still very unreliable.

Heres a link to candida testing..

BioHealth has a D-Arabinitol test for Candida.

I had an Intestinal Barrier Function test through Immunosciences Lab. It tested IgG and IgM antibodies for yeast, dietary protein and bacteria....basically things which can cause leaky gut. I'm not sure if Immunosciences is still offering tests...I recall reading somewhere that they were no longer testing...but I'm not sure if thats accurate.

I had all my vit/minerals tested through SpectraCell Laboratories.

I also got tested for EBV, CMV and HHV-6 through Hunter Laboratories.

For less money than what you would spend on ELISA testing you could get the Igenex Western Blots for Lyme...I would recommend this for anyone with any unexplained symptoms of chronic illness.

Heres a list of testing essentials that one of my Dr.'s uses.

Rpm999 Contributor

thanks for the detox pathway info, makes sense now

rachel, i know you and even the practitioner has said it, but if you're sensitive to vitamins, that's treated in bioset right? because there's no way to help any sickness if you have deficiencies and all that

Rachel--24 Collaborator
thanks for the detox pathway info, makes sense now

rachel, i know you and even the practitioner has said it, but if you're sensitive to vitamins, that's treated in bioset right? because there's no way to help any sickness if you have deficiencies and all that

They can treat it...but it doesnt always work. I dont take any vitamins and I'm not concerned with it at this point. When my toxic burden is lighter, things are functioning better, tolerance is higher, etc....I will take whatever I need. Right now getting the metals out is more of a priority.

If you have parasites, yeast, etc...you can take all the vitamins you want but most of it will be taken in by the bugs...and you'll get whatever is left. My bloodwork didnt show any significant vitamin deficiencies...except for folate.

LoriG Contributor

Thank you Rachel for all of your help and knowledge! Thank you also for the list of tests. That is very helpful for me. My nutritionist is trying to get me the CDSA as we talk so hopefully I can start there.

confusedks Enthusiast

:ph34r: I am going to challenge dairy. I can't take it anymore. I am dying for some caramel ice cream! Mmmm. :ph34r:

I might regret it, but I have been wanting to see my reaction for a long time, so why not? ;)

CarlaB Enthusiast
:ph34r: I am going to challenge dairy. I can't take it anymore. I am dying for some caramel ice cream! Mmmm. :ph34r:

I might regret it, but I have been wanting to see my reaction for a long time, so why not? ;)

Don't do it! Wait till you're feeling better! If I thought you should challenge it, I would have dragged you to Graeter's!!

See if that chocolate sorbet will satisfy your craving.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confusedks Enthusiast
Don't do it! Wait till you're feeling better! If I thought you should challenge it, I would have dragged you to Graeter's!!

See if that chocolate sorbet will satisfy your craving.

:ph34r: Too late! I had some of the chocolate sorbet and it didn't do much for the cravings.

I don't know how I have gone this long without ice cream!!! It was soooo good! I had caramel sauce and chocolate chips on it...mmmmmmm!

I'll keep you all updated on my reaction! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

What flavor did you have? Was the carmel sauce on top or mixed in?

confusedks Enthusiast
What flavor did you have? Was the carmel sauce on top or mixed in?

Vanilla with caramel sauce on top. Yummm. My stomach and head already hurt, LOL. ;)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Vanilla with caramel sauce on top. Yummm. My stomach and head already hurt, LOL. ;)

:( I tried to stop you ..... I hope the pain goes away soon!

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Kassandra! :lol::( I've been considering doing a casein challenge myself, although I know it would disagree with me a lot. You're being a bad inspiration! :P;) I do hope you feel better soon. :( :(

*hides from the e-coffee* :ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor

:lol::lol: You and Donna.......I'll join your list. Not going into the e realm. :ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor

MMMMMMMM!!!!! Sounds wonderful!!!! :D

Hope your negative reactions don't last too long though. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator

About the e-coffees...I dont do them anymore. I havent done any in a few months now because I found that alot of the time I was reacting. I was reacting with the same typical symptoms that I get when I eat the wrong foods. :huh:

So does anyone know if the e-coffee would enter the bloodstream?? I get symptoms as if I'm ingesting it.

Theres alot of things I cannot tolerate on my skin...any lipstick, lotions, hair products, toothpaste, etc....with natural ingredients (salicylates) all cause me problems. I had major symptoms every time I tried castor oil packs....after 3 attempts I realized that my body was NOT liking it and it wasnt helping me to detox....it was making me MORE toxic! :blink:

The phenols that I cant eliminate build up fast and cause all sorts of problems....but does anyone think that with e-coffee I'm taking in the phenols?? Coffee is high in phenols so if it gets into my system it would cause reaction.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

If I do have a PST deficiency I think that would be the main cause of my gut issues. I do feel that this is likely the main reason for my symptoms of toxicity and obviously the reason for having to follow such a restricted diet.

It seems like the Epsom salt baths are making a difference already. I also ordered No Fenol enzymes and those should be here any day now. I'm really excited to try it! :)

As far as I know theres only 3 ways to increase PST function.

First is eliminating the phenols so that the load is reduced. Salicylates inhibit PST enzymes up to 50%. :blink:

Second is making sulfates available by taking epsom salt baths.

Third is No-Fenol...or another brand of enzymes that are used for breaking down phenols.

I'm betting by doing these things and increasing PST function I may start dumping higher levels of metals following chelation. I'll have to ask Amy about this though.

It does explain alot about my gut issues though. Mercury robs the body of sulfates and sulfates are essential for a healthy gut and for PST function/detoxification.

PST is an essential enzyme that breaks down and gets rid of toxins in the body such as products of foods, phenols, residues of medications, hormones and chemicals that are no longer needed. In another study she noted that a majority of autistic children have sulphate levels below normal levels (2).

A deficiency in PST and sulphates can have several consequences:

- On the gut permeability: it seems that a deficiency of sulphates could make the walls of the intestines permeable (

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra! :lol::( I've been considering doing a casein challenge myself, although I know it would disagree with me a lot. You're being a bad inspiration! :P;) I do hope you feel better soon. :( :(

LOL! Ecoffee isn't that bad at all! Trust me, if I did it, anyone can! Those things really freak me out, but it's really not that bad!

And, the casein reaction so far isn't that bad at all! :P;)

Hope your negative reactions don't last too long though. :(

So far it's really not that bad. I did have a headache for a while earlier, but it is better now. We'll see how I feel in the morning when I wake up. That will be the REAL test! LOL

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Heres more info. about how a lack of sulfates can casue leaky gut and problems with detoxification.

Sulphur, another important nutrient, is also extremely difficult to obtain from food sources and much more readily available through the skin. The human body requires sulphation for the formation of brain tissue, joint proteins, and mucin proteins. (Mucin proteins line the walls of the gastrointestinal tract.)

Sulphur is also needed to sulphate a polypeptide hormone called Cholecystokinin. Produced principally by the small intestine in response to the presence of fats, Cholecystokinin causes the secretion of pancreatic digestive enzymes and contraction of the gallbladder to release bile.

Pancreatic digestive enzymes are crucial for the detoxification of environmental toxins, drug medication and other chemicals or synthetic pollutants from the body. They also stimulate special neurons called oxytocinergic to release oxytocin, a hormone responsible for socialization or what is also known as the

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm excited about this because I think researching about the PST deficiency has been my biggest "OMG...I might be onto something" moment yet!! :D

Then again...I'm not sure anything beats the "I might be able to eat dairy again" moment. :lol:

ShadowSwallow Newbie

No Kassandra! That's not what I need to hear!!! *covers ears* Lalalalala. :P:lol: :lol: :lol:

At this point I'm pretty safe from e-coffee since I can't ever see my Mom approving of me doing one. :P:lol:

Rachel,

That's fascinating information! Could you please post the links to these artciles, I'd like to print them out for my naturopath/Biotset practitioner to read. :)

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Note to self: The next time you take a detox bath, shut the door or the kitties will come in and laugh at you the entire time.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

That's fascinating information! Could you please post the links to these artciles, I'd like to print them out for my naturopath/Biotset practitioner to read. :)

Here they are.

and one more...

tabasco32 Apprentice

Oh no Kassandra not ice cream! I usually don't eat the ice cream with the caramel sauce. That sauce is killer. Even organic. I usually just eat vanilla or sometimes chocolate. You shouldn't start because it's hard to stop. Well it has been for me.

6 months and 3 pints a day. eeekk. I had some in the fridge and told my family, "Here eat, eat, everyone eat!"

Oh Rachel about the coffee, yeah my protocol says that your heart pumps all of your blood through the liver every 4 minutes. As your body absorbs the coffee directly into the blood stream, it is filtered out by the liver and stays in the liver absorbing toxins from the blood.

So if you already have an overburdened liver with toxins how would this help your liver any?

I did one today and feel very toxic and spacey. :wacko:

maybe need more epsom salt baths and less enymas.

confusedks Enthusiast
Then again...I'm not sure anything beats the "I might be able to eat dairy again" moment. :lol:

It felt pretty good to eat dairy! I don't know how I'll feel in the morning, but so far so good!

Oh no Kassandra not ice cream! I usually don't eat the ice cream with the caramel sauce. That sauce is killer. Even organic. I usually just eat vanilla or sometimes chocolate. You shouldn't start because it's hard to stop. Well it has been for me.

Oh, but the sauce is SO good! :lol:

confusedks Enthusiast
At this point I'm pretty safe from e-coffee since I can't ever see my Mom approving of me doing one. :P:lol:

My LLMD suggested them to me, so my mom has no issues. She trusts him 110% so she assumes that if he wants me to do them, they're safe. ;)

Archived