This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti,

May I ask how much you pay for each carton and how much shipping it is. It is $9.25 (for 19.5 oz) at a store near us and if they charge a lot of shipping I could pick some up for you and ship it at exact cost. I don't know if they have both flavors or just plain. I have a scale and since I ebay I can also use paypal to print out the shipping slip and pay for the postage (at least I assume I can). Either way I have a scale so I would know the weight and what the postage would be.

Andrea--Thank you so much--how nice of you! I pay $7.93 per carton (there is a discount for ordering off the site). Off the top of my head, I think the shipping was around $7 (for 3 cartons)--ballpark. Probably is a wash because of the on-line discount. I appreciate the thought, though :)

My son (21) is an old car nut, and has two that he is restoring. He actually found one of the cars on ebay, and is a big user of them for parts, etc--buying and selling. He dosen't have a scale, though--you must do a lot of shipping! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Wow...I have so much catching up to do! :blink:

I'm getting lost on my own thread. :lol:

Rachel-

can you eat eggs now?

Nope...I dont eat them cuz I get a histimine reaction from them alot of the time....Sometimes I can eat them w/out a reaction but the majority of the time I react. I figure since its a major allergen I'll just steer clear till I can tolerate more things.

Rachel, is your coconut butter have any soy, caisen or corn in it. If it doesn't could you tell me the name of it. Thank you.

Hi Armetta...hope you are doing ok today. :)

The coconut doesnt have anything you listed in it. It actually says on the bottle "Absolutely no peanuts, gluten or dairy". The brand is Artisana...the only ingredient is raw organic coconut. Its really good so if you can tolerate coconut its a yummy and healthy way to get some fat into your diet.

dlp252 Apprentice
This is a bit of what Armetta wrote...

"My cleaning lady had to call my doctor and an ambulance came and rushed me to the hospital - intensive care."

It was hard to understand if that happened today or she was telling a story of what happened before, but she's bad sick. I'm worried about her.

Please keep her in your prayers.

When I read that I took it to mean that the last time she took a steamy shower that happened, but I'm really worried about what Judy in Phili wrote after that post from Armetta:

ARMETTA NEEDS OUR HELP---- ASKS US FOR PRAYERS AGAIN

I JUST GOT ON LINE AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND HER THREAD..I SPOKE WITH HER THIS MORNING AND SHE WASN'T GOOD...SHE ASKED ME TO POST FOR HER...SHE REALLY REALLY NEEDS OUR POWERFUL PRAYERS...

THIS IS A CUT AND PASTE SHE SENT ME...I'M SORRY I DIDN'T GET IT UP EARLIER BUT LET'S RALLY AROUND HER....

ARMETTA WROTE--

One used to own a home health care service. She said that it sounded like it has gone into pneumonia. I am going to call and see if they can squeeze me in earlier. I am getting worse by the hour. I don't wheeze at all anymore, the rock has gotten to heavy. I will email you after the doctor appt. If you could reactivate my thread for prayers, I would appreciate it. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Love and Hugs,

Armetta

SO I'M STARING MINE NOW..SHE IS REALLY COUNTING ON US.

JUDY IN PHILLY

jerseyangel Proficient
This is a bit of what Armetta wrote...

"My cleaning lady had to call my doctor and an ambulance came and rushed me to the hospital - intensive care."

It was hard to understand if that happened today or she was telling a story of what happened before, but she's bad sick. I'm worried about her.

Please keep her in your prayers.

Floridian, This happened to Armetta a while ago--because of that experience, she is deathly afraid to go back into the hospital. She was supposed to see her doctor today, and I don't think anyone's heard yet what happened. It does sound bad, and I'm worried, also. If I do hear anything, I'll be sure to post. Praying here for better news. :)

dlp252 Apprentice
The coconut doesnt have anything you listed in it. It actually says on the bottle "Absolutely no peanuts, gluten or dairy". The brand is Artisana...the only ingredient is raw organic coconut. Its really good so if you can tolerate coconut its a yummy and healthy way to get some fat into your diet.

I use coconut oil which I get at Whole Foods, but I'd love to find this coconut butter...what store did you find it at?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hey, did you notice Cupertino Nutrition is gone! I went there yesterday to get some dairy free chocolate chips and they were GONE! :(

What??!!

They were just there a few weeks ago. :blink:

Oh well...I had to stop going there cuz they have all the yummy stuff that I cant eat anyways. :(

Let me know when you find out about this other gluten-free store....what city is it in?

Glad to hear about your foot...thats good news! :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I use coconut oil which I get at Whole Foods, but I'd love to find this coconut butter...what store did you find it at?

I've never seen it in Whole Foods. I used to work at the Safeway in downtown Los Altos but in all the years I worked there I never went into Draegers which is on the same street. The other day I decided to check it out...I also went to Andronicos (same area). The only thing I found at Andronicos was the coconut butter....it was with all the jams and spreads. Draegers had alot of organic produce which is what I was looking for. They have a big sign outside that says "Organic and Gluten Free Foods". I did see a couple displays of gluten-free foods but you kind of had to look around for it. Andronicos is on Foothill Expressway....are you familiar with that area?

I'm on page 22 of this thread and want to read it all, there is so much I am figuring out by hearing your stories.

Hi Rinne! :)

I'm amazed that you're reading from page one! I hope you're a "speed reader" cuz this thread is moving faster than I can keep up. :P

I think its great that you've joined in and that you've learned some helpful things here.

Just a random thought... I read everyone's posts on here and in my head I imagine they sound like me, I wonder how many of us have different accents... :D

I dont have an accent at all...I dont even think I could fake it. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

THANKS PATTI AND CELIA....I WAS REALLY FREAKING HERE.

GLAD WE ALL CARE AND LOVE HER SO...I BEGGED HER TO POST FOR PRAYERS B/C I KNOW THAT'S WHAT KEPT ME OUT OF THE HOSPITAL + DR AND CHIRO AND MY COMPLICANCE WHICH IS TOTALLY COMPROMISED TODAY BUT....GOD IS GOOD SO WELL'LL KEEP PRAYING

I'LL POST ON BOTH THREADS WHEN AND IF I HEAR. MAY CALL LATER IF SHE DOESN'T WRITE.

NOT SURE HOW FAR SHE HAD TO DR

TOLD HER IN AM TO ASK FOR CHEST X-RAY AND THEY COULD CALL DR AND GIVE HIM REPORT AS SHE WAS WORRIED ABOUT HIM BEING GONE FRI -SUN AND NOT BACK IN OFFICE TILL MON

LOVE

JUDY IN PHILLY

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Thanks for the update Judy...and I hope you're doing better?? I havent heard anything? Is no news good news? I hope so. :)

I don't know how accurate the blood type diet is.

I would totally try this diet....why not....I've tried every other diet...thing is I dunno my bloodtype. :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient
I would totally try this diet....why not....I've tried every other diet...thing is I dunno my bloodtype. :unsure:

Thank goodness! :lol: I don't know mine either, and I thought I must be the only one! Especially after all the blood testing I've had the past couple of years <_<

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Learned something new today! As you all know, I'm a little skinny twig... my doctor wanted me to drink Carnation instant breakfast with every meal because I don't do well with straight vitamins... BUT, I was having a terrible time with that also...... I finally called Carnation today...the reason I was having a problem was that the liquid forms of the instant breakfast have barley... but the powder forms don't, except for the Malt flavor, that has gluten. SO....I am going BACK on Carnation Instant Breakfast Powder, Classic French Vanilla ONLY (which is TOTALLY gluten free)!!!! YAY... I will be getting my vitamins in a gentle way and hopefully I will start gaining weight!!!

Wow Floridian,

I'm glad you found out about this! I bet you're gonna feel so much better now. :)

I remember when I was losing tons of weight and I was crying in the doctors office...he told me to go home and eat bread. I told him bread makes me sick so he told me to get carnation instant breakfast and drink lots of it. OMG...that stuff killed me. I think it was probably mainly the dairy but I was sooo swollen and miserable the next day. I wanted to go back and punch that doctor right in the face! I kept telling him I was reacting to all this stuff but he wasnt listening. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator

YAY!

I'm all caught up on the reading now. :)

I got my meds in the mail today. I still havent decided when I'll start them though. I extended my vacation so that I dont have to go back to work until the 5th. I figured I'd take the holiday off too. Maybe about halfway through I'll start taking them and hopefully drowsiness wont be too bad cuz I dont want to be tired on the 4th.

The info. that came with the meds lists all the side effects...its the same list that miamia posted a few pages back. Drowsiness is the only symptom listed as being common though. The others are either less common or rare so that makes me feel better. I generally dont get side effects from drugs but I will react to stuff like starches, dyes, etc. Hopefully since this is compounded I'll do fine.

I'm feeling pretty good, doing great with my food. If somethings not right I'm really noticing it right away so I'm able to stop eating it and having less and less reactions. Its so weird how fast my body is reacting now.

The thing I'm having most trouble with is lettuce and greens...I dont think I've found any that dont cause a reaction. I'm having much better luck with fruit and some other veggies but it would be nice to be able to eat a salad. I think if I just keep trying different farms I'll eventually find one that doesnt cause a reaction. I havent been buying any lettuce or greens that doesnt have a label so that I can tell which stuff I need to avoid or which stuff I can tolerate. I'm also doing alot better by eating only organic...I'm noticing the difference now.

I've lost alot of puffiness but I've also lost 3 lbs. with it. Oh well...I dont want 3 lbs. of puffiness anyway. ;)

Oh..I started my cycle yesterday and I notice that I'm not feeling the ovary pain the last couple days....what could this mean? Is the cyst gone? :unsure:

dlp252 Apprentice
I've never seen it in Whole Foods. I used to work at the Safeway in downtown Los Altos but in all the years I worked there I never went into Draegers which is on the same street. The other day I decided to check it out...I also went to Andronicos (same area). The only thing I found at Andronicos was the coconut butter....it was with all the jams and spreads. Draegers had alot of organic produce which is what I was looking for. They have a big sign outside that says "Organic and Gluten Free Foods". I did see a couple displays of gluten-free foods but you kind of had to look around for it. Andronicos is on Foothill Expressway....are you familiar with that area?

I think I know where Draegers is and I can probably find Andronicos...I ocassionally travel down Foothill Expressway. It sounds like it will be worth the attempt, cuz that coconut butter sounds wonderful!

What??!!

They were just there a few weeks ago.

Oh well...I had to stop going there cuz they have all the yummy stuff that I cant eat anyways.

Let me know when you find out about this other gluten-free store....what city is it in?

Glad to hear about your foot...thats good news!

Yah, it was a shock...I went to the door to open it and it wouldn't open, lol. Then I actually looked at the window and everything was gone....then I walked back out to the parking lot to look at all the stores to make sure I was actually at the right place...thought maybe the quilting store went away, but nope...everything was there except CN...I tried going to their website today to and couldn't get connected. The new store is in San Jose near Oakridge Mall. My mother lives near there and I'll be over there on Saturday, so I'll check it out.

AndreaB Contributor

My hubby had his consult today with another doctor. He has a fissure which he is going to try and clear up himself. He need to make sure he gets 30 g of fiber a day and has to do sitz baths twice a day. Oh what fun. He gets up early enough.

Got my cookbooks today! :P Now I just need lots of time to peruse them. Went shopping and spent two fortunes. Wild Oats had a sale on frozen veggies and fruit so that was part of it.

Hubby is making pancakes for dinner since we got home late. He's the pancake man, I stay out of the kitchen when we have pancakes. He takes such good care of me. :D

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea--Thank you so much--how nice of you! I pay $7.93 per carton (there is a discount for ordering off the site). Off the top of my head, I think the shipping was around $7 (for 3 cartons)--ballpark. Probably is a wash because of the on-line discount. I appreciate the thought, though :)

My son (21) is an old car nut, and has two that he is restoring. He actually found one of the cars on ebay, and is a big user of them for parts, etc--buying and selling. He dosen't have a scale, though--you must do a lot of shipping! :D

I don't sell a lot, just always misguessed how much stuff weighed. We just mainly sell things we don't want anymore like outgrown clothes that are still in good shape. Don't make any money to speak of. I was really interested in trying to make some money but oh well.

evie Rookie

I'm on page 22 of this thread and want to read it all, there is so much I am figuring out by hearing your stories. I realized MSG was bad for me about 15 years ago (I was 36) and thought I was avoiding it as I don't eat highly processed food and never if I can see what I recognize as MSG on it but it seems they are very clever at getting us to consume this poison. I never had the severity of the symptoms that you have, I felt like something was scratching my skin from the inside out, headaches and extreme irritability. I did some research then and learned that, as was mentioned earlier it actually changes your brain so that you want to eat it.

I am confused about MSG and gelatin, why would MSG be in gelatin?

rinne

I am also wondering about gelatine ( do you mean it contains MSG)?. Also you mentioned the blood diet, can you tell me about that? I believe I saw a reference to that earlier or somewhere here that it is connected to blood type, Right? am also interested in your type of arthritis ( spondylitic ) being connected to celiac disease?

If that is so my Dr. missed a chance 15 yrs ago to diagnose me as celiac when she told me I would be hunched over by year 2000/ spondylitic arthrits. I still have good posture but have pain part of the time at spine between shoulder blades. Is that where yours is located? pain also in wrists & 1 ankle. Thx for your anwers. Will finish reading these interesting posts!! Hope you have a good day. evie

Mango04 Enthusiast

I think the Metabolic Typing Diet is much more credible than the Blood Type Diet. Granted, I haven't read the blood type diet book...but anyone who's interested might want to look into the Metabolic Typing Diet as well...

miamia Rookie
Thank goodness! :lol: I don't know mine either, and I thought I must be the only one! Especially after all the blood testing I've had the past couple of years <_<

Ah.. I don't know mine either and I really want to find out but keep forgetting to ask my doctor. Supposedly it can be really helpful. I figure if nothing else it tells you hat should and shoulden't be good for you and it would be interesting to see how that correlates with how I react to things.

Miamia

Oh I do have a bunch of info on what is good for each blood type I should list it, but I had a long day- don't know what happened but had really bad brain fog. I'm so angry this is one thing that had subsided but today It got so back I coulden't even talk I wanted to call some one to come get me but when you can't talk thats hard to do. I ended up standing in the middle of the street for like 15 minutes I'm sure I looked like a heroine addit- Thank god I live in New york.

Miamia

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Oh..I started my cycle yesterday and I notice that I'm not feeling the ovary pain the last couple days....what could this mean? Is the cyst gone? :unsure:

Nevermind...it was only trying to trick me. It knew I typed that and so it decided to show me that it has not gone away. :angry:

AndreaB Contributor

Miamia,

I'm so sorry that happened to you! Are you feeling better now?

Rachel,

It would have been nice if this was getting better. Has it been pretty constant for the two years?

miamia Rookie
Miamia, I am sorry :(

thanks- I just wish I knew what it was from. I am hoping tomorrow will be better. I didn't eat anything weird- but maybe one of the vegees I had with my lunch or something was contaminated- I don't know.

Miamia

Rachel--24 Collaborator
It would have been nice if this was getting better. Has it been pretty constant for the two years?

I honestly dont know how constant its been because I used to be so messed up. My whole body was a wreck and I couldnt get out of bed or work or anything. I literally had pain everywhere so I cant pinpoint the ovary pain as being a constant thing. I know it was there though cuz I had written about in my journals.

thanks- I just wish I knew what it was from. I am hoping tomorrow will be better. I didn't eat anything weird- but maybe one of the vegees I had with my lunch or something was contaminated- I don't know.

Miamia

awww...I hope you feel better soon. I hate brainfog with a passion...its one of the worst things for me to deal with.

Green12 Enthusiast

I did the blood type diet, Eat Right for Your Blood Type, I think is what one of the books is called.

It's based on the theory that certain foods are good/bad for the different blood types. I am an A+ and if I remember correctly A's are supposed to do really well with a vegetarian diet, while O's can be naturally carnivores. It didn't do a thing for me because all of the allowed foods for A's are the foods that seemed to make me sick.

...But it might work for others.

I honestly dont know how constant its been because I used to be so messed up. My whole body was a wreck and I couldnt get out of bed or work or anything. I literally had pain everywhere so I cant pinpoint the ovary pain as being a constant thing. I know it was there though cuz I had written about in my journals.

Rachel, this is just my opinion, but I don't think you should be experiencing this much ovary pain for this length of time. I'm really concerned. :unsure:

My hubby had his consult today with another doctor. He has a fissure which he is going to try and clear up himself. He need to make sure he gets 30 g of fiber a day and has to do sitz baths twice a day. Oh what fun. He gets up early enough.

Got my cookbooks today! :P Now I just need lots of time to peruse them. Went shopping and spent two fortunes. Wild Oats had a sale on frozen veggies and fruit so that was part of it.

A fissure is an infection, no?

I just ordered Gluten-Free Baking Classics by Annalise Roberts, I'm excited to get it and make some of what I hear are fabulous recipes :)

Green12 Enthusiast
Join the club :unsure: I spoke too soon too.... I drank the carnation instant breakfast AND it's bothering me AGAIN..... I have NO problem with milk.... whatever :angry: what could be in this stuff that hurts!!!

Floridian I read the ingredients on the Carnation Instant Breakfast. I don't know what flavor you drank, they all seem to vary a little bit from flavor to flavor, but for the most part they have maltodextrin and several other processed/chemically ingredients that would definitely make me sick if I drank it.

AndreaB Contributor
A fissure is an infection, no?

I just ordered Gluten-Free Baking Classics by Annalise Roberts, I'm excited to get it and make some of what I hear are fabulous recipes :)

I think it is like a tear that doesn't heal and keeps on building up. Should be treatable without surgery, but we'll know in about 4 weeks.

I just got Gluten-Free Baking Classics as well as Gluten Free Family Cookbook and 125 Best Gluten Free Recipes by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt. Still need to look through them all.

We are self-cleaning the oven, it stinks in here!

Archived