This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

tabasco32 Apprentice

Is raw almond butter better than dry roasted almond butter? I got poisoned in april by a molded lemon left in my cupboard it was really moldy. I

I was wondering why I had such small bubbly bubbly guts. Mold carries a different tune in my intestines. Other food are more aggressive feeling and sounding.

Actually had to leave to san francisco and stay with a friend for a week and left the cabinet outside for a month. I could still smelll and taste lemon from that experience. Made me also pee like crazy hurt my bladder. oowww

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Just got back from the dentist and guess what? I swallow accidently when I was suppose to swish and spit, then I rinsed again and I saw a lot of silver and small particles of filling. I am

sssoooo scared and paniky. I did take charcoal before but I don't understand where all that small particles were from. They suck, use high power water and a dental damn with a cotton

protector around it. Hey rachel what should I dddooo? I am so afraid. I know I swallowed a lot today. It was also on my tougue.

All you can do is take the stuff to help your body detox it before it settles into your body. Take the charcoal, Vit C, whey,....dont take too much of anything though...just make sure there is always something in your system to help absorb the mercury.

Have you tried the chlorella?? This would be a good time to try it if you havent...dont take alot though. You dont know if you can tolerate it until you try it.

Also...keep up with the enemas....you dont want anything getting redistributed...especially since you've been having problems with constipation. You wanna keep everything moving. Dont let a day go by w/out a bowel movement (or enema).

As only you all can understand this, I'm very excited: I just got off the phone with my naturopath, and he can get me in on Monday.

COOL!! I'm excited for you too!! :D

Cant wait to hear how it goes. :)

I'm positive that the underlying cause can be untreated celiac alone. There doesn't HAVE to be a more exotic underlying cause.

Oh yeah...definately. However, if Celiac is the cause and gluten (the trigger in Celiac) is removed....candida should be very easy to treat. Candida only persists when something allows for it to do so....it cant really be Celiac when there is no gluten causing that reaction and stress on the body and immune system.

The immune system can get a hold of candida and keep it in check.....but when theres other stuff getting in the way...it cant deal with the candida quite as effectively. If the problem was caused by Celiac alone...then the diet should promote healing....antifungal treatment and candida/diet should take care of the rest.

It does work perfectly for some people and they no longer have issues with candida or other foods once the healing process takes place.

On the other hand...a person who has to stay on the candida diet for months to years and still continues to have problems...is likely having other issues. *Something* is causing the situation to not improve. When someone feels pretty good...then goes off the anticandida diet...only to have all the symptoms return....then whatever caused the overgrowth to begin with is still there and still needs to be addressed.

In my opinion in that second scenario...it not just Celiac related....otherwise the gluten-free diet would be enough to allow the body to heal....and the treatment of candida would be effective.

So yeah....you're right in saying there doesnt HAVE to be another underlying cause....but for the people in this thread who've been gluten-free for quite some time and still have these issues..(candida being one of them)...there is definately more to the story....and the test results coming back are showing that to be the case.

I guess its just a matter of deciding for yourself if you feel there is more to look into or not....I know for me I was ready to look into other possibilities about 3 months into the gluten-free diet and just having a gut instinct that there was more to it....that I was gonna have to dig deeper to get answers and to get my health back.

The main thing was that I didnt feel it was right or "normal" for me to have to restrict so many foods...especially since prior to all this I could eat whatever I wanted w/out any problems. How does that happen?? :huh: How could I suddenly be where I'm at now?? How could I just develop this major candida and leaky gut issue out of nowhere?? All these questions just nagged me from the start so when the diet didnt give me the results I wanted....I just kept looking.

I also spent a TON of time on candida boards...reading candida books, etc. Its been more than 2 years since I joined candida boards and I can tell you that NONE of those people have recovered...the only ones who got better were the ones who got properly diagnosed with whatever was causing the overgrowth to begin with.

The #1 cause was mercury....#2 was Lyme or other infection...other causes were infections in the mouth from root canals or other teeth issues. After about 4 months on the boards I clued in that people dont really get to the root of their problems by treating candida alone. Thats why I went off the diet and got more serious about figuring out the rest.

I still visit the candida boards and the same people are still there going back and forth with diet and antifungal treatment and the candida is still there the minute they stray from the treatment.

None of it made sense to me. Why should I live like that?? I just didnt want to do that forever.

The first Dr. I saw once I left my HMO told me right off the bat that he used to treat people for candida....he doesnt do it anymore. Now he puts his efforts into getting to the root cause....he is very into gluten-free...very knowledgeable about gluten intolerance/Celiac .....everyone should be gluten-free in his opinion. He also said that everyone who continues to have problems has infections....parasites, yeast, bacteria, etc.

He said that whenever he treated people for candida alone he was able to get them to a point where they felt great....but they would have to STAY on that treatment or all symptoms would inevitably return. Then he realized that when he got to the root of their problems, treated their infections and other issues...the candida would not return when a person came off of the diet.

tom Contributor
I definitely felt worse for the first two weeks on the candida diet, but once the healing crisis was done I had more energy than you can possibly imagine. It was tough getting through that first two weeks though. I felt like I was getting the flu all the time...achy muscles, digestive issues, headaches...etc.

Ya the candida die-off is more like the flu. A little nausea thrown in but nothing like the all-encompassing 2ton nausea gotten while eating the wrong things.

My die-off was 2.5-3 days. And wasn't until the ND's pills. On the diet I was just feeing better every day for a week.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Carla

It's a water enyma from Cara. It has flowers on the pic and towels. With ten year warranty. woohoo!! But it says only use tap water. Do you use distilled. I'm scared but if you did it I think I will be able to also.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Carla

It's a water enyma from Cara. It has flowers on the pic and towels. With ten year warranty. woohoo!! But it says only use tap water. Do you use distilled. I'm scared but if you did it I think I will be able to also.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Carla

tabasco32 Apprentice

Carla

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tabasco32 Apprentice

Posted to many times to carla, don't know what happened. Sorry.

AndreaB Contributor
Another completely different thing is that my husband just got a letter today telling him he got accepted to the Industrial Electrician/Wireman union apprentice program!! Yaay! Means better insurance and more money, besides the fact that it is fun work and he (we) has waited for this to happen for 3 years!!

Woo Hoo!!! :D Great news!

Adam has been getting on me about our bedroom, not pushing, just stating that he'd like to see me take care of making it not so "closet-like". So, he should be happy with the changes when he gets home tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to hang the blinds ... but then again, I don't like power tools, maybe he can do it.

He should be pleased with what you got and got accomplished. :)

Sorry you got semi lost. :( Glad you got back home safely.

I got more mercury poison today because of the dentist and they fixed 2 fillings. Lots and lots of exposure now I feel real sick, depressed, lost, gurgly guts.

I hope this doesn't cause too many more problems for you. :(

Started cumanda today...that's specifically for lyme. Started slowly though...only two drops in a glass of water, and only this evening. Tomorrow I'll take two drops twice a day...eventually I'm supposed to work up to 6-10 drops twice a day...don't know how I'll be able to do that though since I only stay on this two weeks, then switch to another. :P

When you start back after the two weeks wouldn't you start at the dose you previously left off at? :unsure:

I'll be looking for further updates on your allergy shots.....

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Someone needs to be Babesia spice....

Isnt Bev's nickname already Babs??? :unsure: Seems like she should be Babesia Spice...especially now that ahe's actually been diagnosed with it. :P

Hey Babs...what do ya think?? :lol:

Another completely different thing is that my husband just got a letter today telling him he got accepted to the Industrial Electrician/Wireman union apprentice program!! Yaay! Means better insurance and more money, besides the fact that it is fun work and he (we) has waited for this to happen for 3 years!!

Wow!! Thats great news for you and the hubby! Congrats! :)

Yup, long skinny bag, about .89 each. they are THE BEST! WAY better than David & Sons, which are overly roasted and tiny seeds.

Ok...then yeah...I've had them lots of times. Basically thats what I would buy when I was desperate for seeds and there were no Davids available. :P

They dont last nearly as long as a big bag of David's. I was a serious seed eater and those .89 cent bags just dont do it for me. <_<

I've seen some at Trader Joe's but it had other ingredients in it....forget what now, but it was something I couldn't have.

Donna...good luck with the cumanda!! :)

Was this from Dr. S.??

I ate the sunflower seed butter from Trader Joes....it does have other ingredients. Cant remember what they were cuz it was more than a year ago. I DO remember the heinous reaction it gave me though. :blink:

I didnt think it tasted that great anyway. ;)

and this comes from someone who LOVES sunflower seeds. :wub:

I did not rachel that sunflower butter if that tells you anything. :P

jmengert Enthusiast

Thanks for everyone's comments about seeing the naturopath; I'll definitely keep you posted.

Rachel, what you're saying about candida makes a lot of sense. I'm hoping that my celiac going undiagnosed for so long is what is causing my candida issues (if that is actually what it is) so that with diet and antifungals it will go away. If not, I will definitely keep at it to see what the problem is.

Do you all ever feel like screaming, like a three year old, "it's not fair?!?!?" I'm actually envious of people who just go gluten free and they're good to go; gluten-free is a breeze compared to all this other stuff!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Lisa, the box for mine was blue and white, I believe. I threw the box away ... and it's already out in the garage. I don't remember there being a picture on it. I'll see if the name is on the bag or something, but it'll have to be tomorrow. :)

I have a reverse osmosis unit in my house. I make the coffee with the purified water. Personally, I think tap water would be harder on it than purified water brewed into coffee. :blink: Since ALL enema directions say to use ONLY purified water, I don't know WHY they'd say TAP water only.

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

Are you going to be able to call this weekend or would next be better? Seems like forever since I talked to you. :)

Sounds like you are busy Sunday, but I'll be going shopping sometime in the morning and don't usually get back before lunch time.....12:30-1:00.

tom Contributor

A water what from who?

LOL just kiddin'

Aw dang I thought it would show up immed after the quadruple post.

AndreaB Contributor

Julie,

Like the picture you've put up? Where's it at?

Donna,

I don't remember if I've told you I like your new one you had up earlier today.....I think it's still the same this evening. :ph34r:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Sorry you got semi lost. :( Glad you got back home safely.

As my grandfather who had alzheimer's used to say, I'm a good driver, I just don't know where I'm going! :lol: It happened last week driving to Starbucks from Adam's office ... he had to keep telling me where to turn. I had to REALLY concentrate just to get to his office.

It's an odd feeling.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Can someone please post a quote from page 1165???

Pleeeeeeeze??? :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
I JUST SPIT OUT MY WATER AND GUFFAWED OVER THAT ONE, Dr. Sleppy Spice

Rachel, here's your quote!

jmengert Enthusiast

Andrea--The picture is from this winter when I went to Cornwall, England, over Christmas break (I teach English at a university and can only afford to go to England in the winter!). My boyfriend is from London, and we went and stayed with his mother for a week or so. It was *freezing* but it was beautiful. I'd love to go when it's actually warm outside (whenever I get money to, that is--airfare doubles during the summer)!

AndreaB Contributor
I'd love to go when it's actually warm outside (whenever I get money to, that is--airfare doubles during the summer)!

Sounds like gas prices. <_<

My new avatar is of the older two children taken last month by our new neighbor who is building a house.

tom Contributor

Jenny & anyone else interested,

I bumped into a bookmark for a good anti-candida recipes site.

Open Original Shared Link

Hope it helps tho I know many recipes have ingred diff ppl can't have.

jmengert Enthusiast

Cool website, Tom--thanks for posting it. Just briefly browsing it showed some useful info. I've got it bookmarked so I can check more into it later.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
What are you trying to do, draw attention to yourself????

:lol::lol: Donna is a nut - - how about Nutty Spice?

Carla

I think you and me got the same bottle. Is it red and come with a big long looking firehose with

it? Yeah in a big rectangular box? I need to see the brand name.

:o this just doesn't sound like something that should go up the scat hole - - A FIRE HOSE????

They may be staring at me, but they won't know who I am. :lol:

:lol: lunatic

Actually had to leave to san francisco and stay with a friend for a week and left the cabinet outside for a month. I could still smelll and taste lemon from that experience. Made me also pee like crazy hurt my bladder. oowww

:o This is crazy!!!! Lisa - - I can't remember at all - - have YOU been tested for Lyme?

A water what from who?

LOL just kiddin'

Aw dang I thought it would show up immed after the quadruple post.

:lol: oh well - still funny

Rachel, here's your quote!

oh dear gaaaaaaaawd!

Andrea--The picture is from this winter when I went to Cornwall, England, over Christmas break (I teach English at a university and can only afford to go to England in the winter!). My boyfriend is from London, and we went and stayed with his mother for a week or so. It was *freezing* but it was beautiful. I'd love to go when it's actually warm outside (whenever I get money to, that is--airfare doubles during the summer)!

really gorgeous! London is even freezing in the summer, I think - sunshine - rare

Sounds like gas prices. <_<

My new avatar is of the older two children taken last month by our new neighbor who is building a house.

SO CUTE!! :)

OMG I drove downtown - - what a bust - - - :angry: here is what I posted on the Silly Yak thread - -

in case anyone cares???

part deux

OMG am furious - - what a bust - - - took a SECOND shower (after the gym and haircut), full makeup, cute clothes, drove all the stinkin' way downtown (28 miles roundtrip) and my stupid loser friends had JUST left the venue (I spoke to the artist, they had left minutes earlier), and I never reached them, so drove all the way back home..... Left her a slightly irate message (um, she's my best friend, so I can gently punish her)....

now all made up, looking pretty sassy, AND FOR WHAT, I ask you???????????????????

signed,

Sips Wine With Dingos

:( Such a piteous life. :lol:

where are Judy, Patti, Jin today?

CarlaB Enthusiast
where are Judy, Patti, Jin today?

Do you think they have a life away from here????

Oh, and Bev is welcome to have Babs spice. I will be rid of babs soon with any luck!!! You'll have to think of a new one for me.

G'nite.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
What are you trying to do, draw attention to yourself????

ROFLMAO

:lol::lol:

Yeah Donna....I think you'd pretty much have the whole store staring at you...and noticing what you're buying. :lol:

on my stool test- well multiple ones I showed really bad candida.

It could be cuz all my candida is in my head... its mainly resides in my head with all that mercury, lyme and evrything else. :rolleyes:

Maybe if they test my ears and nose instead of my stool. :P

I'm curious if on Sunday she's gonna still see all the stress and infections from the shoulders up. The rest of my body is still doing great...too bad I couldnt just switch heads....If only I had a toxic-free head all would be GREAT. :rolleyes:

Oh Rachel...just finished watching a swimming with dolphins in Cozumel segment on the travel channel.

Oooooh...dolphins. I love dolphins. :wub::wub:

I WILL swim with them someday. ;)

I haven't had one single Banana today and my stomach hasn't been half as bloated/swollen. So far anyways. :)

WOO-HOO!!!

Great progress....keep it up!!

If you get the craving just start thinking about foam in your intestines...that oughtta kill it. ;)

No "nuts or seeds period" sounds like a nut & seed problem more than a mold problem.

Rach, I think it's the nuts more than the mold - at least for almonds.

Nope....100% sure its mold. I know my body and my reactions pretty well. I can tell when its mold just from the reaction it gives me.

I dont think I have much intolerance to food itself. Its mostly molds and chemicals. I had read once that *most* reactions people get to foods are actually something *in* the food....a sensitivity to the additives, preservatives, molds, pesticides, etc. Even natural occurring chemicals such as salicylates and amines can cause alot of problems for people with enzyme dysfunction...cant properly breakdown these foods.

In my case its true...I could easily *think* I have an intolerance to nuts and seeds....and I could *assume* I cant eat dairy...and I could *believe* that I'm intolerant to most veggies and meats. Its not really the case though...after 2 long years of carefully observing my raections and monitoring my diet down to every detail...I find that I dont have a problem with the foods. If I can find nuts w/out mold....I would be able to eat them just fine.

Or...if I get this candida under control...I should be less reactive to molds. Right now I'm more sensitive than ever after coming off of 8 months of non-stop ice cream. :ph34r:

Also...and this is another interesting thing that kind of led me to look more into chemicals and other things people can react to in foods. I have NO food allergies...no allergies to anything actually....been tested for lots of stuff and I'm totally negative with allergies.

I never felt like I have allergies anyway...my reactions seem to change in severity according to how toxic I am or how much candida I have.

I had the ELISA testing as well....here I am....a person who is reactive to *everything*....and my test comes back almost totally clean. :huh:

We're talking about nearly 150 foods and it shows NO reactions....except a few very low reactions. One food...Banana....thats it. A handful of spices showed up....stuff I never even eat. :rolleyes:

Anyways...the Dr. couldnt believe her eyes since I was so highly reactive. She thought she was looking at someone elses results. Nope...they were mine.

It was my testing with BioSET that pinpointed the mold. I had suspected it before but was never serious about avoiding every little thing because it was only a suspiscion I had....and one of MANY suspicions I've had over the past couple years.

My testing with BioSET was consistently showing severe reactivity to molds and fungus....more than anything else. I'm one of the worst they've ever seen as far as the the fungal issues go.

So yeah...trust me....people CAN react to mold on almonds. There is mold there....no doubt about it...peanuts are FAR worse. My reaction to almond butter would be less severe than my reaction to peanut butter...but I would still react.

I could tolerate more almonds after I'd been on the candida diet for 4 months...I could eat handfuls before starting to feel my reaction. Right now I can feel it before I even swallow one almond.

It could be you're more sensitive to air-borne molds than food-borne molds. I'm sensitive to all indoor, outdoor, and food borne molds based on BioSET testing.

I'm not intolerant to nuts though. ;)

I get an instant (not very nice looking) white coating on my tongue as soon as I eat anything very moldy...this is what happens with nuts.

Archived