This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Okay, yesterday I did the coffee enema for the first time ... today I was more normal for the first time. Coincidence?

ROFLMAO!!

Donna.....I think Carla's trying to suck you into the coffee enema craze. :lol::lol:

Can you handle the peer pressure?? :P

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

I am not convinced

:lol::lol:

I dunno Donna....you're words are kinda small and meek. :unsure: I think you're starting to cave. :P

My mom doesn't understand anything we do or believe in. I don't really expect you guys to either but that is pretty much what is going on. :( We harken back to older days I suppose and that's not very popular. There was this horse stunt man that said he was born 100 years too late, I wonder where that puts us. :unsure:

Heck Andrea....I think me and you are about as opposite as two people can get....yet we get along perfectly. :)

I accept you just the way you are....I understand your beliefs and certainly your mom (being your mon and all) should be understanding as well.

You've made descisions for yourself and for your family and she should respect your wishes...whether its about food, TV, or anything else.

Anyway....you fit in perfectly right here in Rachelville. :wub:

I was incredibly sensitive to mold, and still sensitive enough to take great measures to avoid it. I'd get dizzy just sniffing near an open jar of dried herbs/spices.

But I *never* had a problem w/ almond butter. As long as it's vacuum-packed and refrigerated after opening, I think it's very safe for the mold-sensitive.

Not this mold sensitive girl. :(

I cant eat ANY nut butters. I cant eat any nuts or seeds period. It really depends on the severity of the persons sensitivity.

All nuts contain molds....peanuts and pistachios are at the top of the list...but they all have some amount of mold. I wish I could eat almond butter. :(

Organic stuff harbors more mold due to not being treated with chemicals....but I'm also sensitive to chemicals so its a no-win situation for me right now.

And I think w/ that magnitude of symptoms, 1 day is a decent test, tho admittedly not definitive.

My hope would be that 1 day w/ zero or markedly less nausea would easily lead to 3+ days and all symptoms decreasing.

My experience was a dramatic worsening of symptoms for almost a week (during that time I thought I might be dying). Then again...I was coming off all processed foods and onto a totally clean diet...it was MAJOR detox. My chemical sensitivities skyrocketed.

After that intial "healing crisis".....I improved dramatically. I felt better than I'd felt in 2 years. I was nowhere near normal....but after all I'd gone through in 2 years...it FELT like I was a new person.

Brown rice syrup is a sweetener. Certainly a more healthy sweetener, but a sweetener nonetheless.

I don't remember seeing it allowed on any of the anti-candida sources I used, tho I know I saw it as one of the 1st sweet things to try re-introducing after a month or whenever.

Brown rice syrup is not allowed on any strict candida diet I've ever seen. :unsure:

If its allowed...I would think it would be for very minor cases. Stevia is really the only sweetener allowed on candida diet (that I can recall).

I would not touch brown rice syrup...I had a heinous reaction to it the first time I tried it...and that was enough for me to decide it was not a good choice.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast
Yes, you are right. I only saw the roasted ones (in peanut oil). I am gonna see if I can find the ones with a shell instead. I didn't seem to be able to find any on the page I looked at, but I might have missed them. Thanks for pointing that out.

(Do you have problems with nuts or legumes at all? looks like there might be cc issues at their place from looking at the sight again. I found the shelled ones.)

Jenny, I dont' have any problems with nuts or legumes, so can eat any seeds. Art's are my all-time favorites. If you can't find them anywhere, you can put money in my PayPal account, and I"ll send some to you. :)

Another completely different thing is that my husband just got a letter today telling him he got accepted to the Industrial Electrician/Wireman union apprentice program!! Yaay! Means better insurance and more money, besides the fact that it is fun work and he (we) has waited for this to happen for 3 years!!

Yay! good news!

Susan...me too....major sunflower seed addict. :D I would get seeds in my Easter basket or in my stocking at Xmas. I NEVER was without a bag of Davids sunflower seeds. I dont think I ever tried Art's....maybe though...do they come in the long skinny bag?? :unsure:

Yup, long skinny bag, about .89 each. they are THE BEST! WAY better than David & Sons, which are overly roasted and tiny seeds.

I do also hope you'll be able to eat seeds again. stupid fungus, indeed! :angry:

tabasco32 Apprentice

andrea

I can understand where you are coming from.

just take care of yourself, that's what's most important

lisa

tabasco32 Apprentice

Carla

Yous said you found your water bottle at walgreens? What section did you find it in? I bought one today for 10 bucks but it says on the box, use tap water only, anything else can damage

the bottle. So what do I do now? How have you been Carla?

LIsa

Yenni Enthusiast
Jenny, I dont' have any problems with nuts or legumes, so can eat any seeds. Art's are my all-time favorites. If you can't find them anywhere, you can put money in my PayPal account, and I"ll send some to you. :)

Yay! good news!

I am very sensitive to small amounts so I think I'll have to keep on looking. :(

Thanks fo the kind offer though.

Did you know there is Sunflower Seed butter? I guess it tastes almost like peanut butter. I am tempted..if that company will finally answer my e-mail.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I have eaten blueberries, just be sure to chew them well :lol: which is rather tricky. They are one of the better fruits as far as being low in sugar.

I don't know how I missed this the first time ... let's just say, that with braces, I have a tendency to not chew my food well enough ... my advice, take the time to chew the blueberries. :ph34r:

They know EXACTLY whatdrawer to go to to get as many cookis as they want, whenever they want. even MY nieces, who aren't related, know where the cookies are.

Oh, I know this problem well. My MIL had the kids spend the night because we had an appt. the next day with an attorney. She let them eat whatever they wanted. At the time, Adam's brothers were still in HS (they're 14 and 16 years younger than Adam).

Well, our son who tends toward ADHD (was diagnosed with it) stayed up with his uncles until the middle of the night ... WAY past midnight. :ph34r: He also shouldn't have been eating sugar.

MIL called us the next day and told us to pick him up immediately as she couldn't take him anymore ... she locked him in her bedroom screaming. We basically told her she caused the problem, she was going to have to deal with it. If she's going to feed him sugar and not make him sleep, it's her problem.

I mean, we were at the attorney's office ... what could we do ... tell him we'll be back later?

We are very conservative, I don't know if you guys know the half of it.

I find religions very interesting ... I think I do. ;):rolleyes:

OK- I'm scared :ph34r:What happens when you do a coffee enema and NOTHING happens? OMG how can this be...nothing nada niente :blink:

Well, I hope the coffee came out!!! Nothing really happens with me either. I just have felt much less toxic today and yesterday. Nothing remarkable happened though.

Someone needs to be Babesia spice....

I guess that could be me ... or Mepron Spice and I can wear bright yellow. But I've been treating Babs for almost 5 months now ... it doesn't get treated for as long as Lyme ... I haven't had night sweats lately, so they'll probably be switching me to Malarone next month because it's weaker than Mepron.

Donna.....I think Carla's trying to suck you into the coffee enema craze. :lol::lol:

Can you handle the peer pressure?? :P

No, I can just tell by the tone of her posts that she's curious and on the fence about it. Am I right, Donna?

Brown rice syrup is not allowed on any strict candida diet I've ever seen. :unsure:

Well, maybe I had just read that it was one you could add in early, like Tom said. It was a LONG time ago that I read it.

The most recent time I was on the diet, a couple years ago, I ate essentially NO carbs but veggies. I would eat a few fruits, too, but not many (and not bananas! ;) ). I also ate two bowls of oatmeal per week, but that was the only "starchy" carb I ate at all. So, brown rice syrup was definately out.

Carla

Yous said you found your water bottle at walgreens? What section did you find it in? I bought one today for 10 bucks but it says on the box, use tap water only, anything else can damage

the bottle. So what do I do now? How have you been Carla?

LIsa

I found it by the condoms, pregnancy tests, etc. I guess it was there because it can also be used as a d%$#@#$. I didn't read the box ... it may have said to only use water. But I let the coffee cool ... I don't think it would be good for it if it were hot ... not to mention, it wouldn't be good for ME.

Thanks for asking. I've been pretty good the past couple days. Today I was able to get out a bit. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought some stuff I didn't need. :P Actually, I did need them ... flowers for the end table by my new little sofa, and a paper towel holder for the kids' bathroom (six kids, one hand towel, gross).

I also went to Lowes (a sign that I was feeling good ... I always feel bad at Lowes .... is it bad air, or bad lighting? It didn't bother me today). I bought blinds for our bedroom. All this time we've had an old bedspread covering our windows. And at yet another store, I bought a silk ficus tree.

Adam has been getting on me about our bedroom, not pushing, just stating that he'd like to see me take care of making it not so "closet-like". So, he should be happy with the changes when he gets home tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to hang the blinds ... but then again, I don't like power tools, maybe he can do it.

My "brain issues" are pretty bad though. I got lost on the way to the grocery ... it's just a straight street, but I couldn't remember if I passed it. I also passed the Community Center, which is about a half mile from my house. I forgot where I was going.

So, some things are better others are not.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Carla

I am glad you had a semi good day. I know even when we feel good it's not all the way good.

How new covers and such. I have brain fog today. I went to rent a movie and I don't even know what I have see or haven't.

I got more mercury poison today because of the dentist and they fixed 2 fillings. Lots and lots of exposure now I feel real sick, depressed, lost, gurgly guts. Did this happen to you and is

your enema a d%$#@#$ bottle only?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mtndog Collaborator
Jenny, I dont' have any problems with nuts

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank God or you'd never be able to deal with us!!!!!!!!

Yes carla- The coffee came out :lol: :lol: Found out it was 60/40 caffeinated/decaf. Opps :blink:

Cmon Donna- You know you wanna :P

Yes- Sleppy Spice :P Cuz Dr Spice has checked out of my brain and the remaining spice can't spell :ph34r::rolleyes::lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

Started cumanda today...that's specifically for lyme. Started slowly though...only two drops in a glass of water, and only this evening. Tomorrow I'll take two drops twice a day...eventually I'm supposed to work up to 6-10 drops twice a day...don't know how I'll be able to do that though since I only stay on this two weeks, then switch to another. :P

Well phooey! Still have to get allergy shots for a while. The doctor is going to reduce the amount they give me and will keep me at that level. The risk, according to her, is that I will have less allergy protection. She is afraid to let me stop them alltogether because if my allergies kicked up again I'd have to start all over again with the desensitization process. Don't think I want to do that so I'll give her suggestion a try first. I'm still quite sure that the allergies are caused by one of my myriad of toxicities. :P

I hope I don't get worse.

Luckily my nausea has been better lately. Last year I was nauseas every stinking day.

I definitely felt worse for the first two weeks on the candida diet, but once the healing crisis was done I had more energy than you can possibly imagine. It was tough getting through that first two weeks though. I felt like I was getting the flu all the time...achy muscles, digestive issues, headaches...etc.

Nothing like that happened this time though unless the bad D I'm having now is related to that...can't figure it out, so can't say for sure.

We don't have any of those but we have Gottschalk's and they have a kitchen area too, so I could look there. Maybe Sears would have some too...

I got a really nice stainless steel pan at Sears.

I think someone else will have to give me my Spice name. Any takers?

Professor Spice?

Someone needs to be Babesia spice....

I see Carla responded to this...I was going to say she should be since she has had the most obvious symtoms. I supposedly have it, but I don't have most of the major symptoms associated with it.

Now Bartonella Spice or Erli Spice I could be. :P

I caved in on the bars here. I had one. I had to get some carbs. No banana yet though.

How do you all get carbs on the Candida diet?

Another completely different thing is that my husband just got a letter today telling him he got accepted to the Industrial Electrician/Wireman union apprentice program!! Yaay! Means better insurance and more money, besides the fact that it is fun work and he (we) has waited for this to happen for 3 years!!

Yay, congratulations to your husband!!! How exciting.

I eat LOTS of veggies for carbs. I also get a little from some of my vitamins/supplement and I eat a little bit of low sugar fruit...but not a lot and not a lot at one time. I do cheat with a banana once in a while, but eat it with lunch or dinner.

Of course I won't mention my chip rachelling of the last month. :ph34r: Bad, bad thing. :(

Donna.....I think Carla's trying to suck you into the coffee enema craze.

Can you handle the peer pressure??

I dunno Donna....you're words are kinda small and meek. I think you're starting to cave.

:P

Heck Andrea....I think me and you are about as opposite as two people can get....yet we get along perfectly.

I accept you just the way you are....I understand your beliefs and certainly your mom (being your mon and all) should be understanding as well.

Yep, I have never understood why people have to let differences affect relationships.

Did you know there is Sunflower Seed butter? I guess it tastes almost like peanut butter. I am tempted..if that company will finally answer my e-mail.

I've seen some at Trader Joe's but it had other ingredients in it....forget what now, but it was something I couldn't have.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla

I am glad you had a semi good day. I know even when we feel good it's not all the way good.

How new covers and such. I have brain fog today. I went to rent a movie and I don't even know what I have see or haven't.

I got more mercury poison today because of the dentist and they fixed 2 fillings. Lots and lots of exposure now I feel real sick, depressed, lost, gurgly guts. Did this happen to you and is

your enema a d%$#@#$ bottle only?

My enema bottle is a d%$#@#$/enema/hot water bottle.

I read about your mercury experience today. I got really sick every time I had fillings out. I felt much better taking the glutathione my dentist had me on. I'd take some extra charcoal if it's really bothering you. It's uncomfortable ... that's normal. Keep it up. Keep working toward feeling better. You'll get there!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank God or you'd never be able to deal with us!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I JUST SPIT OUT MY WATER AND GUFFAWED OVER THAT ONE, Dr. Sleppy Spice

I am going to get kicked out of Rachelville for a complete and total lack of scientificness.........

:ph34r::lol:

but Bev, your Lyme Brain is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

dlp252 Apprentice
Cmon Donna- You know you wanna :P

Yah, yah...I'll be the one in THAT aisle wearing a black trench coat, fake mustache and sunglasses in the middle of summer. :lol:

miamia Rookie

so do I get a spice name?

Andrea -

I agree with what everyone has said- you and i may have different beliefs but I completly respect yours. No matter what religion, or what things you choose to practice are YOU are a beautiful giving person and that is the most important thing there is.

I buy raw organic seeds sometimes woodstock farms, sometimes trader joe brand and then I roast them to kill bacteria I also puree them and use them for sauces and pastes - they can be hard to digest so this helps because it kind of does some of the "chewing " for me.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yah, yah...I'll be the one in THAT aisle wearing a black trench coat, fake mustache and sunglasses in the middle of summer. :lol:

What are you trying to do, draw attention to yourself????

tabasco32 Apprentice

Carla

I think you and me got the same bottle. Is it red and come with a big long looking firehose with

it? Yeah in a big rectangular box? I need to see the brand name.

Yeah when I came home right away I took a charcoal pill. Ate an hour later and took chlorella.

miamia Rookie
Susan...me too....major sunflower seed addict. :D I would get seeds in my Easter basket or in my stocking at Xmas. I NEVER was without a bag of Davids sunflower seeds. I dont think I ever tried Art's....maybe though...do they come in the long skinny bag?? :unsure:

I cant have seeds now...it totally sucks but they're way too moldy for me. :angry:

I'm gonna try washing them and soaking them in Vitamin C...I read it could really help with the mold. I guess vitamin C helps detoxify food from mold.

It also says to wash fruits and veggies with vitamin C to reduce molds.

Heck...I'll try it....I just wanna eat some seeds! :rolleyes:

YAY......Sunday is almost here!!! :D:D

I dont think I'll be able to post until much later in the day....and then I'll send out emails. :)

I think maybe after my appt. I'll be going to the movies. :)

Anyone see Mr. Brooks?? Thats what I'm gonna see sometime on Sunday.

Candida stool tests are not very reliable at all. I had 3 stool tests in one years time...my symptoms were pretty much unchanged but the first test showed no candida overgrowth. Ok..well during that time I had been on the diet (only meat, fish and a few veggies for 4 months...no cheating)...I was still having alot of symptoms and sensitivities though.

Next time around....I'm totally off the diet and come back with a "light" overgrowth. Third time around....with no change in my diet...there is no overgrowth. :huh:

I figured I have candida....its pretty darned obvious but I didnt continue to address it because #1...I was more concerned with determining the underlying cause and #2....the tests werent showing a major problem.

When I started BioSET treatments candida and molds showed up BIG-TIME. I used to go to treatments twice a week and always molds and yeasts were showing up to be one of the major factors contributing to my illness. Finally my practitioner said that my problems were so bad she wanted to order an antibody test for yeast. She suspected I would score over 9000....which would be extremely high.

My IgM yeast antibodies came back at 8196......with a reference range of (0-2248). :o

The IgG was normal

IgM = active infection

The test also included antibodies for dietary protein, aerobic bacteria, and anaerobic bacteria.

I had elevated IgM for everything except the anaerobic bacteria.

The only one which was through the roof positive was the yeast....the others were elevated but not nearly as bad as the yeast.

The test was for "intestinal barrier function".....so basically all of these things....dietary protein, yeast and bacteria...are going through the intestinal barier (leaky gut) and this is the reason for elevated antibodies.

I think the stool tests are pretty useless....not very consistant or reliable.

You can read about blood testing here....

Open Original Shared Link

Bev...I wish I didnt know so much about the "Exploding Head Syndrome". :rolleyes:

Exploding head has been my #1 complaint from the start. :(

Stupid fungus. :angry:

Rachel-

haven't seen mr brooks but it looks good - but i really never get to the movies so I'll probably have to wait to rent it.

on my stool test- well multiple ones I showed really bad candida.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla

I think you and me got the same bottle. Is it red and come with a big long looking firehose with

it? Yeah in a big rectangular box? I need to see the brand name.

Yeah when I came home right away I took a charcoal pill. Ate an hour later and took chlorella.

Yep, that's the one! It holds coffee just fine. :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh Rachel...just finished watching a swimming with dolphins in Cozumel segment on the travel channel.

and right after that was a tequilla tasting segment. :lol:

I got more mercury poison today because of the dentist and they fixed 2 fillings. Lots and lots of exposure now I feel real sick, depressed, lost, gurgly guts. Did this happen to you

Yep, I got sick after each removal too. Almost like the flu...which kind of lasted a while now that I think about it.

so do I get a spice name?

Mia, I don't have a spice name yet either... :P

I agree with what everyone has said- you and i may have different beliefs but I completly respect yours. No matter what religion, or what things you choose to practice are YOU are a beautiful giving person and that is the most important thing there is.

Ditto!!! Same goes for me!

dlp252 Apprentice
What are you trying to do, draw attention to yourself????

They may be staring at me, but they won't know who I am. :lol:

tom Contributor
When you stop feeding the yeast it causes a die-off that makes you feel worse.

Well, first, I was talking about just a 1 day experiment. Certainly there's no noticeable die-off in 1 day. And I think not in 3 days either. For me it was more than a week on a strict anti-candida diet before I got to see the Naturopath, and it was the pills from her that correlate to the timing of the die-off/herxheimer reaction.

Yenni Enthusiast
Well phooey! Still have to get allergy shots for a while. The doctor is going to reduce the amount they give me and will keep me at that level. The risk, according to her, is that I will have less allergy protection. She is afraid to let me stop them alltogether because if my allergies kicked up again I'd have to start all over again with the desensitization process. Don't think I want to do that so I'll give her suggestion a try first. I'm still quite sure that the allergies are caused by one of my myriad of toxicities. :P

I've seen some at Trader Joe's but it had other ingredients in it....forget what now, but it was something I couldn't have.

What type of allergies do you get shots for? I wish I could get some...

Check out sunbutter.com for Sunflower seed butter. Looks pretty allergy friendly... I saw that they used soynuts in their trail mixes though for those who can't have that (cc issues maybe).

------------

I haven't had one single Banana today and my stomach hasn't been half as bloated/swollen. So far anyways. :) I actually read that Banana turns into this foam in the intestines..

dlp252 Apprentice
What type of allergies do you get shots for? I wish I could get some...

Check out sunbutter.com for Sunflower seed butter. Looks pretty allergy friendly... I saw that they used soynuts in their trail mixes though for those who can't have that (cc issues maybe).

------------

I haven't had one single Banana today and my stomach hasn't been half as bloated/swollen. So far anyways. :) I actually read that Banana turns into this foam in the intestines..

I'm getting them for environmental allergies like Trees, mold (yes, there's mold again :( ), and a few other things...sage I think...I've had them for the last 4.5 almost 5 years and I'm sick of them. :lol:

I'll check out the website! Love to have one more nut butter to rotate with my almond, cashew and walnuts.

I'm so glad you have less bloating today...you were eating a LOT of bananas. :P

tabasco32 Apprentice

Mia

Good Idea on the sunflower seeds mia. I can't digest nuts and seeds by themselves, can you?

tom Contributor
Not this mold sensitive girl. :(

I cant eat ANY nut butters. I cant eat any nuts or seeds period.

All nuts contain molds....peanuts and pistachios are at the top of the list...but they all have some amount of mold. I wish I could eat almond butter. :(

No "nuts or seeds period" sounds like a nut & seed problem more than a mold problem.

I don't know how anyone can be much more sensitive to mold than I used to be. Dizzy in 2 seconds if I smelled dried herbs - not super old nasty ones that a healthy person would question.

Certainly peanuts and many other nuts (I think those w/ higher oil content may be most susceptible) are known to have enough mold or aflatoxins to affect a candida sufferer. But I remember a lot of consensus on 5 nuts being ok. Almonds, cashews, brazil nuts, filberts/hazelnuts and pecans.

I never liked pecans but I never had a problem w/ the rest - oh wait maybe the 'shews a couple times, tho that may have been when I was stuck somewhere and couldn't get raw ones.

All my candida sources said get them raw and roast yourself. I set oven to 250F and bake for 10-20 min, depending on nut size.

One good thing about baking them is once u can strongly smell them, they're done!

Rach, I think it's the nuts more than the mold - at least for almonds.

tabasco32 Apprentice

I have major brain farts today, like alzhemiers or something, that never, never happens. Huh what was I saying. What alzhemiers disease again , I forgot.

Archived