This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Just remember you're killing bugs/parasites.

Yeah...and dont forget binders and lots of water to flush it out! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ridgewalker Contributor

Thanks for the info everyone! :D

aprilh Apprentice
I'm pretty sure its during menses but I'd have to look back on my paper to be sure. It seems like I recall him saying that...except for if I was to do the urine test which he gave me the kit for. I think for the urine test you cant be bleeding so it would be as close to menses as possible and the abx protocol is highly recommended for that test since the bacteria is usually "hiding".

I'll have to remember that if I decide to get tested. I am still trying to figure out if I should.....

My plan is to try the Humaworm for now and in the spring try to detox metals again and see how it goes. My main issue is to stay on a good diet to keep candida at bay. But until I get the metals out it will keep coming back.

Today I worked out for 20 minutes and went into the sauna for about 15-20 minutes. Then came home and took a bath with fresh grated ginger. ( i was out of epsom salts!) My stiff neck seemed to loosen up a bit.

I got a message for my birthday so I am hoping that will deal with the toxins "stuck" in my neck/back area. Get them loosened up so I can MOOOOVE them out!!! :) I hope!

I got that stiff neck when I started adding fresh garlic and pineapple to my juicing regimen. who knows!! Wonder why it seems the toxins seem to go there for most of us?

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

I am glad your Humaworm got there! I am not sure, but that tissue-looking thing could be a worm. Maybe your die-off will not be as bad as Carla's. From the sound of it, you are herxing some. Since you are detoxing already, that is encouraging! :)

Your Thanksgiving sounded nice! Just about everyone's sounded better than mine, except for Mia's. Thank goodness no one else's was like that! Hopefully, my body will recover fully soon. I was afraid to begin the antibiotics until I let my system rest a week.

The BioSet appointment was revealing. All of those chemicals they put on produce really are quite dangerous. Most of us are probably reacting to them. No one knows for sure unless they do this type of testing. I think most people could benefit from it if they gave it a try. What are they going to do to help with this?

Now, for the amusement of all, here is a poem about pink e-coffee:

Donna would not

Could not

Do e-coffee even if it were pink! :blink:

Not even if it were sparkeling I do not think.

She would not

Could not

On a boat

She would not

Could not

With a goat

However, she will put down her throat

That which expels worms into the mote!

She cannot do e-coffee in her condo

Not even with the Muppet, Gonzo!

Donna feels it would make her a fool

Because putting pink e-coffee in certain places is just not cool! :lol:

When are you going to do the neuro/adrenal test? It is a urine test? I had no idea they do those for adrenals. I know mine are likely messed up. My doctor wrote that down as a possible issue upon our first meeting a year-and-a-half ago.

I cannot believe your friend is going on another cruise already! Maybe you will still get to go! Since you are healthier this year, perhaps she will invite you in place of her mother. Due to her fear of flying, she may decide against going. Flying is a major fear for a lot of people.

Difficulty losing weight has been an issue for me as well, despite being sick. You would think that I would be skinny. Naturally, I could never get that lucky. For a while, I was too thin. Now, it is the opposite.

Dear Andrea,

You know the other day how we were talking about doctors not making enough time for patients? Well, one of my favorite magazines just had that in there! The article talks about new forms of healthcare, and how to be an informed patient. It is about time they run an article like that! Mainstream medicine has gotten just plain lazy.

Please send me an update on Charlie's sister! You have my e-mail, don't you? If not, PM me. I can give it to you again. Thank goodness she is doing well!

Garlic could be bad for Seth, I agree. He is sensitive and reactive to so much, chancing it would make me nervous, too. If he has metals, that could really stir things up. I am not sure if he could handle it. You know how sulfur containing foods do people with metals.

I am sorry to hear everyone in your family is down with colds! Those things are so pesky! My brother just now is getting over one. He got the Sambucol I told him about, and felt a lot better the next day! However, there is some bad news about this great product. The FDA is pulling it due to a labeling issue! :angry: I am so angry, I could spit nails!

The FDA automatically removes any product that actually works from the market that is natural. First, it was stevia, and now this! I am going to write a nasty letter. It is just like Kevin Trudeau said. People always are saying how things are safe when they are FDA approved. :rolleyes: Yeah, that Vioxx, Lotronex, and Celebrex regulation worked out so well, with hundreds and possibly thousands of people dying! :unsure:

They also said mercury was okay to put in our mouths, yet is labeled a poison by the U.S. government.

Maybe Mitch will feel better from the Humaworm soon. This is proof it is working. In the beginning, the parasites are aggravated. Plus, since he has mercury and metals, that could be adding to his discomfort. If he has any worms, their removal will surely help him feel better.

I would not be shocked at all if I have metals. Although I never had any fillings but composite, I have been exposed to it in other ways. Vaccines are one part of that. My mother had metal fillings while pregnant with me. Then, there is my fondness for tuna and shrimp. Salmon is another thing I like a lot.

Wednesday I go to the dentist. I am anxious to see what he says about my teeth. I worry I may have more cavities. Plus, that molar appears to be absessed. It has a gigantic hole in the top, then on the side has a large, disgusting dark spot. There has also been sensitivity in some of my top teeth.

Chlorella is something that I may try later. Right now, I am working on some more basic detox steps. The lemon water is one, and next week I may add charcoal. Every little bit helps! I am just not sure the chlorella or charcoal are a good idea since I am unsure of my situation with metals.

You mean it rarely snows where you live, too? I am surprised! I thought Washington State got a lot of snow. Maybe that is only in the mountains? Our average snowfall is 11 inches per year.

I can see why detoxing and breastfeeding at the same time are a delicate dance. I think chlorella should be okay, but some of the others, I would be concerned with. Seth is so small, it might not take a lot to put his system over the edge. Maybe there is something on the internet about this. Some research may be in order, here. If I find anything good, I will let you know.

Affordable supplements are a huge issue. People like us do not have much of a choice. We can only buy the less expensive stuff. Unfortunately, those items are not always enough, or tolerable. This is incredibly frustrating.

Going casein-free has crossed my mind. The thing is, I ate a milk chocolate bar and was fine! It has lactose, but probably not enough to hurt me. My pumpkin pie pukies must have been involved with the lactose content crossing the threshold of safety for my gut. Still, it would not hurt to go without it completely for ten days or so, then add cheese or something back in.

Dear Kristina,

Let me get this straight. Your moron doctor wants you take Benefiber, that is derived from wheat, despite the fact your DNA test revealed you are 14 times more likely than most to have Celiac?! What an idiot! I do not blame you one bit for putting your foot down, and being annoyed. Good for you!

I want to tell my doctor off. I have been waiting on her butt for too long! Lyme is a deadly disease, and they just act like you have all the time in the world to wait on them to do anything at all. Thank God you are getting a new doctor! I hope this next one is a keeper, too!

I am happy to hear your holiday was a good one. No one deserved the misery I had. Mia suffered a lot as well. Why can't our bodies give us a rest on the holidays? Is it wrong to want one lousy day out of so many to have one that does not suck?

You probably were ecstatic to get rid of that heart monitor! Those things can get irritating. They can be kind of distracting for you to wear. People definitely notice them. Let us know what they say about it when they analyze the data!

Dear Rinne,

I am glad you popped in for Turkey Day! Sorry I did not get to respond sooner! You are so lucky that you guys have snow up there. We almost never have any. The rare occasions we do, we were trapped in our house for five days afterward! I was excited, because we actually had flurries the other night.

Dear Carla,

It is an amazing difference the Humaworm has made! I cannot believe you had a 6-foot worm in there!

I bet that is why your Thanksgiving was so much better! The Humaworm sounds like a good thing to do for a month. Is Adam doing any better?

That is odd about you having bacterial dysbiosis despite taking garlic all that time. I wonder why that was? A variety of factors come into play in this case. I was trying to figure out why you had that although you were taking so many probiotics. My theory was that the bad bacteria types you had divided and reproduced quicker than the good bacteria present.

I read 1 cup of epsom salts is the normal amount for a detox bath. I may start out with smaller amounts.

My body cannot take too much at once. I am sure I am highly toxic. You can tell by my skin!

How terrific that your metals are down! Looks like those worms were carrying all of that stuff! You just never know, do you? It appears your week has been good with all you have been doing! Who would have thought you would be playing the flute at mass, cooking brunch for eight, and all of this other stuff?

Your new kitchen is beautiful! I wish our kitchen looked like that! You should see ours. It is a complete disaster. There is no counter space, the carpet is done for, and everything is a mess.

Thanksgiving was a major bust this year. It took me until Saturday before I began feeling much better. You know how your system always gets out of whack after something like that. Lactose makes my brother sick, too. He gets the exact same reaction as with gluten, although he does not react quite as violently as me.

Herxes sound a lot like what I feel like all of the time. My shoulders ache, my back, and even my arms. The wisdom teeth cause my neck to hurt, including the lymph nodes under my jaw. It is terribly uncomfortable. My headaches are better some now that I have been sleeping more.

I would be in great shape for Lyme testing, then! I have bleeding off and on all the time! They could draw my blood anytime! Unless, they would want to do it when my real cycle was. That would be at the end of the month. This next time, Dad or Mom is going to go in and see my doctor and get her moving on it.

Dear Sherry,

I thought you had to crush the garlic to activate it! I am glad you wrote about that. Thank you for the awesome info! I got that saved now. I knew garlic was good, but had no idea how versatile it was!

Too bad you could not find your Lyme test results! Maybe we could see them when you return to the U.S. for a bit. Hopefully, you will find them. I was anxious to see what they were. You went with another lab, though, but it showed up!

Your fruit parasite flush sounds helpful. Julie posted some time back about certain fruits and foods that kill parasites. Pineapple also is alkaline, which makes it difficult for parasites to thrive. I did not know that about bromelain, though. That was very interesting!

Licorice tea is something I may need some of. I actually have had C lately some. Maybe it is the bananas. I only ate one a day, but they can stop you up. Like you, the licorice tea would help with my blood pressure, too. It tends to get low.

We certainly did remember your birthday! Mine is next month! Ludwig Von Beethoven and Jane Austen are two people who share my birthday! I found that out on a cool website where you can find other people who have your exact birthday and time of birth. Just go to www.time-twins.com and check it out!

Rachelville is a wonderful place. Without it, many of us would have no one to talk to. We are the only ones who understand the struggle for good health in this way. So many people have no idea how much they take for granted. No one accuses others of being a wimp, or lazy. They know each person here truly is sick and needs support.

I do have a bucket I could use for the detoxing foot baths! We have epsom salts in the closet that need used. It is also supposed to be good for your skin. I was wondering about skin brushing. Do you have a link for that?

Substitutions for the fudge are not easy for me to help you with. I wish I had ideas. Consistency is important. Maybe you could get some nutmilk? What about coconut milk? I may try it in truffles.

Thank you for telling how to take charcoal. I know Rachel had mentioned before about how it will absorb things, so you need to take it after you have eaten. A couple of hours later is ideal. I have had activated charcoal before. I am not sure if it was gluten-free, though.

It is great your Turkey Day was nice. Those marshmallows sound terrific! I ate some Jet-Puffed ones. They are a wonderful snack when you need something without a lot of fat. The coconut ones are really good.

I need to get some more of those!

Travel puts many people at a high risk for parasites. Since you have been to so many places, you probably do have a number of them. Exotic places, especially third-world countries, tend to have unclean water. Having your friends bring Humaworm with them when they visit would probably be your best bet. I would be nervous about products made there due to purity concerns.

I hope I do not get the shakes from the foot baths. I get shaking when I get out of a hot shower. It does not take much for me. My system is so sensitive! The baking soda is more for detox from what I heard than the epsom salts.

Have a great trip! Maybe you will get to log on for a bit. We can hope! Detoxing before you leave is a good idea. So many things just are not possible on the run! You know how that is.

I do not know if a herx would cause that form of fasciitis or not. It is not as widely known. I will do some poking around on it. If anything good pops up, I will send the info. There is bound to be something on it and toxins.

Dear Kassandra,

The symptoms sound a bit like an allergic reaction, but maybe the skin problems worsen as the bugs die off? I know that occurs with yeast. If skin issues were part of the initial bacterial overgrowth, then it could be a herx with the blotches. Hives can be caused by various things. Does the antibiotic have coloring in the pills?

No wonder you felt so awful! E. Coli is a nasty bacteria no one wants in their system! The trouble it can cause is immense. Donna had it, I think. I am not quite sure what they did to treat it.

Having C can occur with antibiotics. Sometimes I got constipated instead of having D. Amoxy actually tends to constipate me. However, many other abx tend to give me the runs. Each has its own way of impacting the system.

Family gatherings are a pain when you have multiple food intolerances. I just eat before I go. Maybe I will start bringing my own food to eat and heat. It is difficult to say. Normally, I stay a couple of hours and go home. My energy level does not allow for anymore than that.

I think if anything, the abx will help you get a diagnosis of Lyme. I would bet on the IgeniX test instead of the other lab, though. This disease is so difficult to test for. Doctors who know how to interpret the Western Blots are far and few between. By the way, I love your Lyme funnies! Half of those describe me, especially the one where you have a recovery period after a shower!

You would think someone would have come up with a Thanksgiving meal for people on the Raw Food Diet.

I will keep hunting for some recipes. There surely are some out there. They just need to be found! You just have to come across them in the right place.

I am so glad you have an appointment with an LLMD next month! We all are going to be anxious to hear what happens. Your test results should be back by then. I bet you have it! My mother is convinced I do not have Lyme, but we know how well she knows what is good for me.

That rash could be a herx. If it is part of your symptoms that normally is not that bad, and only got worse after taking the abx, it probably is a herx. There is a difference between a herx and a flare. Flares are a recurrence of symptoms, where herxes only occur when you are being treated and often you feel better than before after one. My symptoms appear to be cyclical.

Abx are hard on your entire system. Mine gets exhausted from them, too. I am glad you felt better for a little while the other day. You kind of need to pace yourself. When there is a lot to do, that is hard.

I wish I had a computer upstairs. We have a wireless network, but my desktop is down here in the basement. That makes things a royal pain in the butt. Also, it is colder down here. Typing is much more difficult with cold hands! My energy level is not good, so running up and down the stairs is not good for me.

I need to drink more water, too. I do not drink enough. I drink lemon water, but drinking too much is difficult for me. I get sick if I drink more than a little at a time. I have to sip. The reflux will get me otherwise. The water needs to be room temperature, also. Cold or hot water can irritate it as well.

Going without casein could not hurt. I am pretty sure it is the lactose, since I ate a milk chocolate candy bar and was fine. It has lactose as well, but apparently less. Trying to go without it for ten days would still help. Then I can eliminate possible problems. I need to do a rotation diet anyway.

Hey, Alison is Jewish, too! That is cool! I finally have more Jewish friends! Our town was founded by Jewish people, but the Temple was moved a while back. Most of them moved to Newburgh, to be near to the Temple. The Hanukkah colors sound so pretty!

I hope your arm gets better! I remember when I was in the hospital that my right arm was twice the size of my left when I left the hospital. It remained that way for a week after! On top of that, I was bruised to the point I had looked like I had been beaten! Those nurses stick you like you are a freakin' Voodoo doll!

Dear Rachel,

I had something I was not sure was not die-off when I accidentally ate too much garlic. My stomach cramped something awful! It also gave me D. I usually do not get that unless I ate too much fat or something. The day before, I had eaten a lot of garlic I do not normally eat.

It is great that your chelation is going well! Is it this week you bump it up to 2cc's of the chelator? You go again on Thursday or Friday? I think you will do okay. Now that you are excreting, that makes a dramatic difference.

I am glad you got to have some normal food at work! That all sounded so good! You deserve to treat yourself. At least now, you are off for a while. There are fewer temptations in front of you at home than there are at work.

We are thankful for you, too! :wub: If you had not started this thread, we might never have met everyone on here now! Even better, the thread continues to promote friendship and health! Everyone learns something new every single day! Rachelville is the best place to be!

I cannot believe you ate so many sweet potatoes! I like them, and they seem to be okay with me. I just have to make sure not to overeat the margarine. The fat kills me. I have a chart on oxalates in foods I have been looking at.

Whether it is an issue for me, I do not know. I may explore that. Thank you for the oxalate info! I might send you a link to the chart I found. You can tell me if it is accurate or not. Have you noticed a number of acidic foods also have a lot of oxalates?

Metals really are a problem when they cannot be excreted. I am not sure I should take any binders right now. I worry that I may end up sicker. I do not know if I am excreting or not. This is very important to consider due to the dangerous situation it can cause. Mobilizing metals is not something you want to do if they cannot be excreted.

Thank you for the list of binders, in case I can pursue that in the future. This is good information to know.

Mercury and Aluminum concern me, but I would not be shocked about arsenic, since my blood looks kind of orange at times. Non-organic arsenic is a concern, but not the natural kind. You do need a small amount of the organic stuff for your body to function properly.

Getting out on Black Friday is huge! I wanted to go out, but was just too weak. Things did not begin improving notably until Sunday or late Saturday. Thanksgiving was a total bummer, but I am recovering now.

No more pumpkin pie!

I would be fine on the Lyme testing. My period is practically every single day! I never expected a bright side from that. Now I have one! I could do it pretty much anytime.

I have seen that shirt! It is adorable! I have seen it in catalogs. Those peeps are so cute. There is also one with gnomes that says "Hangin' With My Gnomies".

Dear Ami,

We are so glad you found Rachelville, too! It brought all of us together. The support here is very helpful. There are days where you would rather not get out of bed, or anything at all. Having good friends like this is so important.

Chlorella and Humaworm sounds like a good idea. You should get it out of your system in plenty of time to begin trying to conceive again! I am glad you are not giving up. You were meant to be a mother. Who knows? Twins might even be in your future!

Dear Birdy,

You should state your feelings about your health with your Naturopath. You know what your body likes, and what it does not. Doctors do not k now everything. They sure think they do, though! Listen to your intuition. That never steers you in the wrong direction.

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties with dairy, too. It sucks, doesn't it? I hate watching other people eat stuff I cannot eat. Going gluten-free is difficult enough. Not being able to have dairy just makes things even harder. Even soy cheese often has casein in it!

Rachelville is the best place for friends and info! You cannot beat it. Had most of us not run across this thread, we would still be guessing. Things are much clearer for me now. The thread has changed my perspective. I know I am in control of my health, not others.

That is surprising that you developed a sensitivity to chocolate for not eating it! Most sensitivities are caused by eating too much of something. Chocolate does not seem to bother me. It does hype me up, though. I have cut down dramatically on my junk food. I end up eating fruit instead.

Those arthropods probably came from the well water you guys drank. Even filters cannot get everything out. I cannot remember the name of the microorganism that purifiers cannot filter out. I need to try to find that. I know it is considered a parasite.

Lyme testing can get confusing. The timing is important. I knew it had to do with your hormone cycle, but was not sure what exactly. Doctors probably do not fully agree on that. My symptoms always seem worse when my real period used to be. I cannot wait until you see the LLMD, and maybe get some answers if the tests do not show anything obvious at first.

I am glad you had an outing the other day! Sometimes, you just have to get out! I am stuck in the house most of the time. It exhausts me when I go out as well. Part of that is due to me having to take the anti-nausea medication beforehand as a precaution.

Dear yolo,

Corn is said not to be fit for animals. I do eat it, but hope I did not develop a sensitivity. Celiacs often become sensitive due to it becoming a common substitute for wheat, barley, oats and rye. I heard millet, teff, sorghum, and amaranth are good substitute flours. A friend of mine has been experimenting with them.

I will keep those things in mind for the fudge. I may need your help on substitutions. Making recipes for people with multiple sensitivities seems daunting at times. Texture is important, and some foods just do not mimic the consistency needed. Bean flours make things lighter, but people who cannot have legumes need something, too.

Dear Patti,

We are so glad you are a part of Rachelville! I hope you could pop in more often! Everyone misses seeing you post. I know you are on the Silly Thread some. I need to get back over there. There are plenty of silly state laws to write about!

Dear tom,

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! How was your holiday? Hopefully, better than the one I had. Where have you been, anyway? It seems like an eternity since you last posted.

Humaworm might not be a bad idea. If you suspect parasites, getting rid of them could really help. Having those things in you is very bad. I am purely terrified of worms, but they are probably better out than in. The price is more reasonable than I expected.

We will be very jealous if you get to see Andrea! Everyone would love to be there. Rachelville is wanting to have a get-together. That would be awesome if you got to visit your sister and her family as well. She does not live that far at all from Andrea.

Dear Mia,

Thank you for the quick update. Your Thanksgiving sounds as lousy as mine was! There is not one holiday I enjoy anymore. My health has ruined them all! I hope our bodies get the memo for Christmas, and things are better.

Humaworm sounds good. I am scared to death of what would come out, but if it stays in, it is worse. Your mercury issues might improve from using this stuff. I cannot have psyllium, either. It rips my lower gut apart.

The Low Oxalate Diet sounds promising. Judy was on it as well, I think. Was it Robbin that was also on it that got dramatic benefits from it? I may try it after doing the rotation diet and figuring out what bothers me.

Keeping a food journal should be fairly easy.

Dear Laura,

We are glad you are a member of Rachelville, and filled with gratitude about some of the others' improving health. You seem to be doing well. That is so great! I hope by this time next year, I will be doing better! Other things like moving out on my own and more money are nice possibilities as well.

Dear Julie,

Movies sound nice! I have watched more television than I normally do the past couple of weeks. I need to get back on track with other things. Dad is literally someone who lives for television. Sitting still that long is too hard for me!

How did your Thanksgiving go? At least only two or three of us had a tough time. What all did you cook?

I cooked ham with a pineapple glaze and then two pies. Dad is eating the pies for obvious reasons. The funny thing is, they turned out more like a pumpkin souffle, because my low-fat crust was so light, it floated to the top! :lol:

Maybe the Humaworm will be safe for you. We will be anxious to see. It is difficult to wait for test results. How exactly do they do that, anyway? Are you doing BioSet? Or are you doing ART?

The weight gain is annoying. It is bad enough we have to feel lousy, but cannot even lose weight! I may try that 6-Week Body Makeover. There is a money-back deal on it. This could help me get off of the sugar, too.

Dear Nyxie63,

Many countries do not have the sanitation methods the U.S. does. Traveling puts you at great risk for contracting parasites and bacterial infections you would not normally have. The heavy metals are aggravated by the parasites. Worms really store a lot of mercury. Even worse, when you do not expel the whole thing, it just regenerates.

Bacterial dysbiosis is nasty to have. I worry it could be some of my trouble. I get poking pains in my stomach sometimes. Gas is a major issue for me as well. Since I have Candida, it definitely could be a contributor, if not the primary cause.

Lyme is likely in many people. The issues are very often related to the G.I. tract and the function of the brain. Stiffness and pain in the joints and muscles is another typical trait of Lyme. Metals exist in conjunction with that a lot of the time. Cowden and Klinghardt are who you want for the protocols for removing amalgams. Rachel has the best information on that.

Your issue seems to be more of a wheat allergy. Any form of barley, oats, or rye also bothers me something terrible. Allergies can cause extreme misery, for sure. Whether or not there are Celiacs who respond differently to those grains, I do not know. As far as I know, the react similarly to each due to the gluten being the trouble.

You are not far from a couple other members of ours! Patti was in Jersey, but now she is in PA. Judy is near Philly, too. I believe she is in Media. Is that close to you?

I was sorry I was sick, but more so because I ate the pie. Do not worry, I am sure you can contribute plenty. Besides, I just thought of something. You mentioned having low ferritin, and Kassandra does as well.

Maybe you could share some information?

Dear April,

Humaworm is a good thing from what I gather! I have yeast. It is awful! There is a protocol I have designed to slowly implement it. That way, I minimize the die-off. If you can use the Humaworm to help with the yeast, go for it!

Lyme is something to consider. Just because you do not have a trillion symptoms does not mean anything. Everyone's system varies. Some get headaches, while others have more body aches. Mood swings are another symptom. As Carla said, her daughter Chloe did not have that many, but they nipped it in the bud and she is responding very well to treatment.

Thank you for the links! Those articles should help me out! All of them look interesting. Information is your best friend. I do not trust doctors to know this stuff.

Dear Sarah,

That is a good question about the mercury and parasites. I was wondering about that. Binders are probably a good idea, but only if you can excrete. If you are not excreting, this could do more harm than good. Redistribution of the mercury could occur. This would be bad, and could cause serious damage to organs.

Dear Everyone,

Thank you for your good energy for helping me recover from the pumpkin pie pukies. No more of that! Going without casein is a good thing to try. Lactose appears to be the culprit, though. You cannot even get soy cheese locally that does not have casein. I found a place online that has gluten-free, casein-free soy cheese, but the trouble is, it is expensive and you have to buy in bulk.

Sincerely,

Jin

miamia Rookie
Awww Jin...sorry to hear the pie got you sick. :(

Unfortunately there is no easy way to determine mercury toxicity. Its always good to take binders when killing *any* bugs....especially yeast (which has the highest ability to absorb metals).

Some binders include:

Activated Charcoal (taken away from food & supplements)

Chlorella

Modifilan

Apple Pectin

Cholestyramine

Fiber (non-psyllium)

Butyrate

Bentonite

You need to have regular bm's to excrete the mercury....also drink lots of water. Constipation is not good when trying to eliminate toxins....they will end up recirculating.

For me stiff neck is always a result of toxins building up. It could be from chemicals, foods, antimicrobials, antifungals, mercury detox, etc...anything that increases the toxic load makes my neck stiff. Since you're on abx...my guess is that you have toxins circulating. Drink LOTS of water, take a binder, be diligent with your diet and get lots of rest. The baths will help....sweating will help.

I dont think you would have problems with caffeine from the ecoffee...I never did and I *do* have major problems with caffeine. If you do try it I would recommend starting at a very small dose of coffee...less than one tablespoon and increase gradually. Thats what my Dr. had me do.

OK....are me and Mia the only ones not participating in the Humaworm craze?? :lol:

I seriously doubt my body would want anything to do with that many herbs...I think it might kill me. Oh yeah....this is totally different from saying that my body wants nothing to do with "pink"....I think this could really do me in. :P

I think I will leave it alone for now....I'll see what Amy says about the parasites when I see her.

Rachel-

sorry to abandon you but I ordered the humaworm!!!!!

miamia Rookie
:lol::lol:

HEY PEEP!! :D

Good to see you. There was a customer at my work who was wearing a t-shirt which read "My Peeps". Below that it had 3 peeps lined up....little yellow chicks (like easter peeps). They each had gold chains around their necks with sideways baseball caps on. I thought it was the cutest thing...and I told him so. :D

Rachel-

My nephew has this shirt!!!!!!!!My sister loves it

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Donna,

How did the saliva test go? You'd think it'd be easy spitting into a tube, but that much saliva on demand takes effort. Smelling dried apricots worked for me, although most folks get good results with sniffing lemons or pickles. Which lab are you using for the salva testing? I've found that DiagnosTech's labs are the most comprehensive and cost-effective. Had mine done by Aeron labs and wasn't exactly thrilled with their ranges (too wide) and that they don't test DHEA along with the cortisol.

Would you mind explaining more about the neuro/adrenal test you're doing?

--------------

Jin,

While I definitely react to wheat, I decided to do a barley challenge to see if it was just wheat or gluten in general. Had a teaspoon of cooked barley. Didn't have much of an immediate reaction and I usually react almost immediately to just about everything if I'm going to react at all. Some minor reflux, bloating and gas (nothing to write home about), but it gave me serious C for 4 days. This is in spite of eating tons of veggies and drinking close to a gallon of water every day. As a result, I'm going to continue the whole gluten-free diet thing.

If you have adrenal problems, then the licorice tea might help. It all depends on how bad your adrenals are. If you're still producing a normal amount of cortisol at certain times of the day, but below normal in others, then the licorice will help to extend how long the cortisol lasts. If you have severe adrenal fatigue, the licorice probably won't do much for you.

--------------

I don't know if this has already been posted, but canaryclub.org is a great site for finding labs that will do testing for you. Canary club members (its free and no spam) get discounts on testing.

The STTM site has a lot of good info on adrenals as well. It has a list of home tests you can do to see if there's reason to suspect adrenal fatigue, before plunking out the cash for testing. stopthethyroidmadness.com/adrenal-info is where you can find it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer

I thought you had to crush the garlic to activate it!

Too bad you could not find your Lyme test results!

I was wondering about skin brushing. Do you have a link for that?

I do not know if a herx would cause that form of fasciitis or not. It is not as widely known. I will do some poking around on it. If anything good pops up, I will send the info. There is bound to be something on it and toxins.

Jin, your column is back!!!! LOL about the poem. :D

I do crush the garlic, with the side of a big knife, then chop it.

I'll look for my Bowen test results and post them in the latter part of January. Promise! I don't know if there are bands as it is a different kind of test. There were pictures of the organisms in the results. The test uses fluorescence that makes the borrelia glow. You can tell the load from the number of bright green spots.

I don't have a link about skin brushing. I think originally my doctor gave me a sheet on it. Basically, use a natural bristle brush, brush five times in each spot, brush toward the heart. Brush before the shower, don't brush after a shower. That's what I remember.

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, I'm now certain that the achiness and runny nose were from the humaworm. I feel absolutely fine this morning so far. The achiness is gone and so far no runny nose. BUT, one GOOD symptom I have today. Sense of smell! When I went gluten free, I did notice I started to get whiffs of stuff, but this is different!

When I get to work every day, I make 4 pots of coffee. I mostly don't drink the stuff, but I try to help out our receptionist who has to make the coffee in 5 kitchens...so I make the coffee in the one by me. Anyway, I grind the beans and make the coffee, no big deal. Today for the FIRST TIME EVER, I actually SMELLED the coffee as it was grinding! AND, smelled it while it was brewing. How weird is that. It must be all in my head. :lol:

Today's weird symptom is a "burn" on my elbow. It looks and feels exactly like a burn. It's round and about the size of a nickel and it burns like heck. It's red mostly, but when I look at it with a magnifying mirror, it's actually lighter in the middle. Sounds a little like a bullseye rash doesn't it?! I know the bullseye rash doesn't hurt, so I'm sure this isn't one but weird huh!? Anyway, I've had this once before I think a long time ago, but I don't remember there being a mark, and of course I have that sunburn feeling that happens, but that is all over my skin and there is no mark with that either. I'd say this was a "rug burn" but it couldn't be really.

This is an interesting quote from one of those Lyme articles i just posted from Mercola. Have any of you found this to be true?

Can't help with that. I don't have THAT issue anymore. :P

I thought I was getting a head cold .... I had the aches and the runny nose. Adam felt like he had a hangover.

It sounds like your symptoms are almost like mine. I still have a cough .... so maybe it is a cold ... but maybe I'm just "detoxing" from the stirred up toxins ... who knows. I was a wiped out, too. I spent most of the day lying around in bed. :)

We had also just returned from Florida, so some of the wiped out feeling could have just been Lyme fatigue. I'm kind of wiped out today from the weekend. Not lying in bed wiped out, just tired.

The achiness sounds just like how I feel from the Lyme .... I try to do a back/chest workout day when my back hurts like that ... I figure the bugs are causing the ache, so I may as well really get them mad!

Yeah, it does sound like the same symptoms. I'd already done my weight workout, so didn't think of frying the little buggers with more, lol.

Could you do another one now? Do you have any vacation left?

I can't believe she's going again already! :o

Well, no. Technically yes, lol, but no. I do have money saved to cover it, but that money is going towards the carpet. My friend would let me pay her a little at a time, but I HATE, absolutely HATE owing money to friends. I can keep a credit card company waiting for YEARS, but not a friend, lol. I do have vacation left surprisingly. I accrue almost 2.5 days a month of time off, so as long as I don't take too much time off it adds up quickly. She's going in March, so I'd have enough time to go by then and still have 8 days left.

Yeah...and dont forget binders and lots of water to flush it out! :)

Will do captain! :) I'm taking extra chlorella and my pectasol, plus drank a lot of extra water yesterday.

I got that stiff neck when I started adding fresh garlic and pineapple to my juicing regimen. who knows!! Wonder why it seems the toxins seem to go there for most of us?

Weird huh. My neck and shoulders are always stiff and sore. What I felt yesterday was a little different though.

What are they going to do to help with this?

They desensitized me to it, but other than supporting all my body functions with supplements, nothing else.

OMGOSH!!! :lol: :lol:

When are you going to do the neuro/adrenal test? It is a urine test? I had no idea they do those for adrenals. I know mine are likely messed up. My doctor wrote that down as a possible issue upon our first meeting a year-and-a-half ago.

Did it Sunday. It was urine and saliva. This was sort of a retest even though it was a different test.

Rachel-

:lol: !!!!

How did the saliva test go? You'd think it'd be easy spitting into a tube, but that much saliva on demand takes effort. Smelling dried apricots worked for me, although most folks get good results with sniffing lemons or pickles. Which lab are you using for the salva testing? I've found that DiagnosTech's labs are the most comprehensive and cost-effective. Had mine done by Aeron labs and wasn't exactly thrilled with their ranges (too wide) and that they don't test DHEA along with the cortisol.

Would you mind explaining more about the neuro/adrenal test you're doing?

Oh, you're not kidding. It takes me 30 minutes to an hour to fill ONE of those stupid vials with saliva. I had FOUR, lol. I never thought about smelling something...on the adrenal test I did last year they allowed sugar free chewing gum which helped, but this lab doesn't allow that. They give you this parafin film thing to chew, which does absolutely NOTHING to help produce saliva, lol.

This was sort of a retest. I had my adrenals tested last year, and I think it may have been DiagnosTech's at that time. As expected my adrenals were totally wiped out, lol. They gave me some supplements to support that and some changes in my daily routine, and the adrenals seemed to come back a bit. But the one thing that's never changed is sleep. I can't sleep.

So about a month and a half ago they did a neurotransmitter test. Because my problem is waking up several times a night, they had me do the test in the middle of the night, lol. I had to pee into a cup and spit into a vial in the middle of the night. Many of my neurotransmitters were out of range. I'm taking some of their (NeuroSciences) specifically targetted supplements and they seem to be helping. My doctor wanted to retest me in 4-6 weeks, so here I am.

Since this is a neuro/adrenal test...they're still measuring the neurotransmitters, but the emphasis is more on adrenal function so they're testing me during the day like I did in the original adrenal testing.

The lab is NeuroSciences/Pharmalab (I think...I have all my paperwork at home, so I'll have to double check later). My doctor seemed to like this lab better than the lab we used last time, especially for the neurotransmitters.

I'll check my paperwork when I get home and post about specifically what they tested for. I know norepinephrin, epinephrin, etc., but off hand can't remember exactly what all.

mftnchn Explorer

Thanks for the thoughts about my hand problem. It is still quite irritated. Seems to be worst in the ring finger and down into the palm. Dupuytrens is notorious to hit the ring finger. I would love to find something that helps this problem. I can find so little information about it, no one seems to be researching it.

dlp252 Apprentice
Adam felt like he had a hangover.

Okay, so maybe a little bit of this too, lol. I was going to have a little bit of decaf coffee this morning and I picked up a splenda (I know, I know) packet, which I intended to open and put in about half...what I did instead was throw the whole packet in the cup...WITHOUT OPENING IT...just threw the paper packet right in the coffee. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Rachel-

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, so maybe a little bit of this too, lol. I was going to have a little bit of decaf coffee this morning and I picked up a splenda (I know, I know) packet, which I intended to open and put in about half...what I did instead was throw the whole packet in the cup...WITHOUT OPENING IT...just threw the paper packet right in the coffee. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Your body was protecting you from the contents of that packet!

Jin, I had been doing EDTA suppositories for a few months, which is what got the metal load down .... it wasn't the Humaworm. :)

I hope you can get tested for Lyme soon. What you're feeling wouldn't really be a herx, but rather a Lyme symptom if you do have it ... a herx would be the reaction to treatment .... :) I hope you find out soon.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Donna would not

Could not

Do e-coffee even if it were pink! :blink:

Not even if it were sparkeling I do not think.

She would not

Could not

On a boat

She would not

Could not

With a goat

However, she will put down her throat

That which expels worms into the mote!

She cannot do e-coffee in her condo

Not even with the Muppet, Gonzo!

Donna feels it would make her a fool

Because putting pink e-coffee in certain places is just not cool! :lol:

OMG Jin.....this totally CRACKED ME UP!! :lol::lol::lol:

I love it!! :D

Donna....not even if it were sparkly pink e-coffee??? :lol:

ROFLMAO!!!

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna....not even if it were sparkly pink e-coffee??? :lol:

Not EVEN!!! :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel-

:lol::lol:

Thats ok....trust me....I'm used to being the odd one out. :P

My mom always said I could never go along with the rest of the group...just always gotta be doing my own thing. :rolleyes:

I call it "being my own person"....she calls it "being difficult". :lol:

Who knows...maybe someday I'll try the Humaworm but I've sort of had my eye on Dr. Natura for awhile now. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
It is great that your chelation is going well! Is it this week you bump it up to 2cc's of the chelator? You go again on Thursday or Friday? I think you will do okay. Now that you are excreting, that makes a dramatic difference.

Well...hopefully I'm excreting ok. Yup...its this Friday that I go up to 2 cc's....its still not even half of the normal dose but its double what I've done so far! :D

I am glad you got to have some normal food at work! That all sounded so good! You deserve to treat yourself. At least now, you are off for a while. There are fewer temptations in front of you at home than there are at work.

I dunno about that....I have marshmallows here!! :lol:

...and nobody to take them away from me. :P

I've also been staring at this gluten-free coffee cake mix that I've had stored in the freezer for like 2 years now. :ph34r:

Does this stuff last that long in the freezer?? :unsure:

Its got sugar in it though... <_<

We are thankful for you, too! If you had not started this thread, we might never have met everyone on here now!

Aww thanks Jin. :wub:

I could not imagine how I could have made it this far without everyone here!! I cant even imagine not having this place....it would have been a very lonely journey. A true heinosity.

I cannot believe you ate so many sweet potatoes!

Why are people shocked by this?? :huh:

I could eat whole jars of applesauce at once....quarts of ice cream in one day....whole bags of chocolate chips in one setting...whole loaves of bread in one day....and yet you are somehow surprised by multiple sweet potatoes in one day?? :lol:

Have you noticed a number of acidic foods also have a lot of oxalates?

I eat alot of beef which would be acidic but its not high oxalate. Alot of the high oxalate foods might be acidic but I dont think all acidic foods are high oxalate...if that makes any sense at all. :unsure:

I have seen that shirt! It is adorable! I have seen it in catalogs. Those peeps are so cute. There is also one with gnomes that says "Hangin' With My Gnomies".

Yeah...I love that shirt! :D

I havent seen the gnomies one....how cute though! :lol:

The protocol for safe amalgam removals is actually from IOAMT. Its not a Klinghardt or Cowden protocol...its a protocol for dentists to follow in order to protect the patient (and themselves) from mercury exposure.

I have alot of links on safe amalgam removal for anyone interested.

confusedks Enthusiast

Jin,

I think you should try casein free for more than 10 days. My mom has always been mis anti dairy ever since I was little and I thought it was ridiculous...BUT then I did Enterolab and it came back higher for casein than gluten!!! It could have been because I was eating dairy closer to the test than gluten, but still. I never felt better when I got rid of dairy, but your migraines.....it's quite possible the diary isn't helping that problem. I only get migraines when I accidentally eat dairy. Keep in mind, I was determined my mom was wrong...but she is right!

Also, read on this Open Original Shared Link about dairy and why it's so bad for us. I'd give it a month and then reintroduce it. I really don't miss dairy all that much anymore. Also, be careful with the amount of soy you take in. Don't want to do what I did and build another intolerance to soy.

Kassandra

confusedks Enthusiast

One more thing...I would test for Lyme around my cycle...but I NEVER GET IT!!! LOL!!! :lol::P:D

If we waited for that, I wouldn't get tested for at least another 6 months! LOL!

I guess my body is protecting itself from getting even more anemic. It knows. :rolleyes:

Kassandra

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I agree about the dairy. I thought I'd given dairy-free plenty of chances....I went off of it several times (sometimes for months) and didnt really notice significant improvement.

Well obviously dairy isnt my only problem so I was still sick even totally off of it.

All of my Dr.'s told me to stay off of it because its another burden that my immune system does not need right now. The Dr. who did my LED's said that everyone has problems with dairy but those of us who are chronically ill are going to be more affected...even without obvious symptoms. It makes it more difficult for the immune system to deal with other issues. Sugar does the same thing....it weakens the immune system.

The only thing I really notice now is that when I eat dairy I get WAY more sensitive to dust, molds, chemicals and everything else around me.

Thats exactly what Dr. S said would happen if I continued to eat ice cream. He said the milk and sugar would bring my immune system down leading to increased sensitivities.

When I'm off dairy those things dont bother me as much. This year I turned on the heater in my house without much of a problem....whereas last year I couldnt handle the heater at all. I was even reacting to my car heater. Thats when I was eating tons of ice cream. <_<

confusedks Enthusiast

Carla,

I have been meaning to ask you...how are your "brain" symptoms doing? I know you are feeling quite a bit better, but just wondering how your brain fog, etc. are doing. :)

Rachel,

Thanks for adding that. I can't remember anything about WHY I am dairy free....lol. Brain fog is horrible these days.

Kassandra

ami27 Apprentice

I am so ready for this to be over. Warning that there may be TMI in the following post...

I miscarried on Thanksgiving day. I went for another follow up today with my OB. I expected to go in have a sonogram and blood drawn and told everything was fine. Wrong! Apparently I didn't completely miscarry. There was still some in the lining of my uterus that needs to come out. She placed Cytotec vaginally. I had to lay there for 1 hour for it to be absorbed. Now in the next 5-7 hours I should begin cramping and bleeding more. I'm very thankful my doctor is so thorough, but I just want this all to be over. They drew blood to get my hCG count. I go back Thursday morning for another sonogram and blood draw. She said she will follow me until my hCG levels are back to zero. I have been told to wait 3 months before trying to conceive again. I asked her again about this and she said again that it's necessary to wait prior to implantation so there is a 'good home' for it to grow. So I'm trusting her on this and going to wait. This has been such a roller coaster and I'd like to get off now.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Ami, I'm sorry, hang in there. :wub:

Kassandra, I actually think my brain symptoms are doing pretty well. I haven't balance the checkbook or done other bookwork since March .... I've been busy lately and haven't had time to fit it in yet, but at least it's on the radar now. I think I'll be able to do it. :)

My memory still isn't that great .... but I do think it's improving. It's kind of hard to tell about the brain symptoms since the whole family has adjusted to them, LOL. But I do remember that my daughters have flute lessons today and I didn't even have to have them leave a note for me! LOL

I have my head in the sand regarding dairy .... I believe it's unnecessary to drink another animal's milk, but I do enjoy my lattes. :) I seem to be doing well without cutting it out .... I didn't do any better when I was off it .... so I have no reason to deny myself my lattes. :) But, I think it's better to be off dairy though ... I'm just not doing it! ;)

dlp252 Apprentice

Aw Ami, I'm so sorry!!! I know the feeling of just wanting it to be all over with.

confusedks Enthusiast

Carla,

That's good. It sounds like they (brain stuff) are doing better.

Ami,

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I hope you're not in too much pain. :(

Kassandra

dlp252 Apprentice
Who knows...maybe someday I'll try the Humaworm but I've sort of had my eye on Dr. Natura for awhile now. ;)

Okay, can I just say YUK!!! :lol: I went over the the website and they've got PHOTOS. I mean it, YUK! :lol::P

Archived