Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

Hey Susie:

I am with you, just haven't found that special someone again, or yet, or whatever it's supposed to be. Now the kids are grown and gone, but hey I just got a puppy and she makes me heart sing! She is a cross between a toy poodle and s$#&zu, in other words a little mutt! :lol:

Anyway, I have a job outside of the house, of course with my job I don't actually meet men I would want to take home that don't bore me or gross me out.

Oh, I went on a date with a man from the State but after a few minutes I got the feeling that he was married, just a hunch, asked me back to his hotel, told him he took the wrong girl to the party for that <_<

Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"

"blood work show's a disease called celiac,

but it can't be that because it's rare!"

Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac

offering support, my

experience and advice

Well the secret to our martial bliss so far has been he has been ill, so you can't really get upset with a sick man LOL!

Actually, for as different as we are we have a few similarities that keep us in check.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Um, I'm just wondering if I"ll ever meet anyone AGAIN that doesn't............bore me, suck the life out of me, or......gross me out....... :blink: Might require me getting a job out of the house? Gads..........................

Susie...Can't believe you're saying this, because I absolutely have the man for you, and I often think how unfortunate it is that there's no way to get you guys together. He is, I'm not kidding, the best catch I know of. Okay, he's my brother, but I can objectively say these things. I chatted with him last night, and honestly thought, "Yep. He and Susie..." Alas! :(

Oh Em ... ..did you give a good hard look at the [bACK] button? Isn't there something along the right edge?

Both IE & Firefox have the triangle.

I don't see it as paranormal, but if that helps I'll play along!! :rolleyes:

(Is it possible you use a version so old it predates backbutton2.0?)

Yeah, I have that triangle. I was waxing surreal there, and wishing for a big one that I could press when, for example, I walk into a large cocktail party with said dress tucked into my underwear....just wanna go back a couple of pages, quickly, now and then!

Now that word's out about my status as 'very starving artist', I must relay my funniest of art student tales.

As a second-year fine art student, I stood one day in our life drawing class, looking over our model whom we needed to depict in a thirty-minute composition. He was about thirty, nice looking, and of course, naked.

Off I went, sketching out a gesture drawing, then beginning to fill in detail. I remember concentrating on his shoulder area. I suddenly glanced down, and an area that I had sketched in had suddenly...changed. The lines and shape were quite...different....So, without looking him in the eye, I erased this area and continued.

A moment later, I glanced back. Changed again! Back to what I had originally depicted. So I erased the...area...and drew again. Became quite enthralled with his chest, as he had defined pecs. Spent time there, then back...Changed again! Began erasing furiously.

So, my final drawing had nothing but a huge smudge mark from constant erasing in this area (paper almost torn). Long story longer, my prof later claimed it was one of the most powerful visual statements he had yet seen on human sexuality, and how clever I was to take the opportunity to make it with this drawing. "It's all only a smudge mark, isn't it, Ms. Lye?" Gahhhhhhh.....

:lol::lol:

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

As a second-year fine art student, I stood one day in our life drawing class, looking over our model whom we needed to depict in a thirty-minute composition. He was about thirty, nice looking, and of course, naked.

Off I went, sketching out a gesture drawing, then beginning to fill in detail. I remember concentrating on his shoulder area. I suddenly glanced down, and an area that I had sketched in had suddenly...changed. The lines and shape were quite...different....So, without looking him in the eye, I erased this area and continued.

A moment later, I glanced back. Changed again! Back to what I had originally depicted. So I erased the...area...and drew again. Became quite enthralled with his chest, as he had defined pecs. Spent time there, then back...Changed again! Began erasing furiously.

So, my final drawing had nothing but a huge smudge mark from constant erasing in this area (paper almost torn). Long story longer, my prof later claimed it was one of the most powerful visual statements he had yet seen on human sexuality, and how clever I was to take the opportunity to make it with this drawing. "It's all only a smudge mark, isn't it, Ms. Lye?" Gahhhhhhh.....

:lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I need a rewind button, or a back arrow, or a magic little triangle to take me back in time. Often, I could use this...(rubbing chin)..

:lol: yes, that Magic Triangle Back Button.......would be quite useful in real life, indeed......

Muddling through--he will always make my heart go dancing),

:wub:

that is SO sweet!

Hey Susie:

I am with you, just haven't found that special someone again, or yet, or whatever it's supposed to be. Now the kids are grown and gone, but hey I just got a puppy and she makes me heart sing! She is a cross between a toy poodle and s$#&zu, in other words a little mutt! :lol:

Anyway, I have a job outside of the house, of course with my job I don't actually meet men I would want to take home that don't bore me or gross me out.

Oh, I went on a date with a man from the State but after a few minutes I got the feeling that he was married, just a hunch, asked me back to his hotel, told him he took the wrong girl to the party for that <_<

well HALLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mygod, you've been gone so long, I don't even know your real name any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where ya been?????? Nice to see you here!!! :) Tell us your name........am embarassed can't remember....... :ph34r:

Well the secret to our martial bliss so far has been he has been ill, so you can't really get upset with a sick man LOL!

oh the poor guy. Is, um, marriage making him sick? :lol:

Susie...Can't believe you're saying this, because I absolutely have the man for you, and I often think how unfortunate it is that there's no way to get you guys together. He is, I'm not kidding, the best catch I know of. Okay, he's my brother, but I can objectively say these things. I chatted with him last night, and honestly thought, "Yep. He and Susie..." Alas! :(

Lemme at him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Um, send a photo....a little e-dalliance could be fun. ;) We can flirt, can't we??????????? And just how far is he from California? You know I COULD happily move out of this wasteland/ghetto.......but not as long as my mom is here......and hopefully that will be a LONG time...........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh dear gaaaaaaaaaaaawd..............one of my best friends took a nude figure drawing course last semester...........the stories she told......... :lol: Apparently, some people, um, kind of found it arousing to pose nude and be looked at..........

:blink:

:lol:

and there were lots of REALLY fat people.....and some, um, hairless people (whole body waxing?............. very interesting assortment...........

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

This'll probably get deleted, but it's the title of a spam email I just got

"If your warrior of love is too small, you may lose this war"

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Jess..........hah......that's pretty benign, dear gawd, has anything been deleted from this thread?

:huh:

OMG! National News.......big news here - - um, it HAPPENED here!!!!!!!! :o (they had to move the trial to southern Cal - her atty is a big shot here - lost the case - zoigs - and rightly so - SHE KILLED HER HUSBAND IN A VAT OF ACID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22226173/?GT1=10645

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Lemme at him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Um, send a photo....a little e-dalliance could be fun. ;) We can flirt, can't we??????????? And just how far is he from California? You know I COULD happily move out of this wasteland/ghetto.......but not as long as my mom is here......and hopefully that will be a LONG time...........

I'll put him up in my av...gotta find a shot of him. You can tell me what you think. Unfortunately, Brett is very far from California...Toronto to L.A. is just over 3500 km (2100 miles), and I forget where you are in CA. But cyber-flirting is always a great thing... ;):)

Ewwwwwwwwwww! His half-dissolved body?! :o:o I cannot even begin to imagine that... :blink::blink:

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

[

well HALLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mygod, you've been gone so long, I don't even know your real name any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where ya been?????? Nice to see you here!!! :) Tell us your name........am embarassed can't remember....... :ph34r:

Tavi my dear Susie, how soon you have forgotten! :unsure:

Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"

"blood work show's a disease called celiac,

but it can't be that because it's rare!"

Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac

offering support, my

experience and advice

OMG! National News.......big news here - - um, it HAPPENED here!!!!!!!! :o (they had to move the trial to southern Cal - her atty is a big shot here - lost the case - zoigs - and rightly so - SHE KILLED HER HUSBAND IN A VAT OF ACID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22226173/?GT1=10645

Yikes. I don't even want to tell you how I was planning on disposing of my first husbands body.

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Ahhh, puke . . . that is gross. I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries and there was an episode where something similar happened and it freaked me out! Nightmares for weeks. My mom didn't let me watch that show anymore after that . . . but I secretly did anyway!!

I had the interview from hell today with Mr. Fathead Jerk and I sure would have liked to have given him a little spritz of hydrochloric acid. :P Not really of course!

I had the interview from hell today with Mr. Fathead Jerk and I sure would have liked to have given him a little spritz of hydrochloric acid. :P Not really of course!

Maybe just enough to dissolve the seat of his pants...

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Hi Alex :D

Sorry about Mr. Fathead Jerk :angry::lol:

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Yikes. I don't even want to tell you how I was planning on disposing of my first husbands body.

Tell! Tell! A vat of oil? Metallic glue and brain electrodes?...very yeti-like...

:lol:

I've missed something big in Alex's life! Who is Mr. Fathead?!

Emily

I've missed something big in Alex's life! Who is Mr. Fathead?!

Fortunately Mr. Fathead was only in my life for today. I graduated last year and promptly got sick with Celiac and then diabetes so I am just starting to look for employment now. Mr. Fathead found it preposterous that I had waited over a year to look for employment and didn't think that kind of "lack of initiative" was something he would want in an employee! He wasn't getting the whole I've been quite ill explanation and I didn't like getting into the specifics of being tied to the bathroom, etc. etc.

So he earned the name Mr. Fathead Jerk from me although I was using some other choice expletives when explaining him to my fiance. I think I should count myself lucky that I will not be working for him.

Did I put too much Amaretto in my tea or is the forum serious messed up? :wacko:

Did I put too much Amaretto in my tea or this the forum serious messed up? :wacko:

It's seriously messed up :P

Patti

Did I put too much Amaretto in my tea or this the forum serious messed up? :wacko:

It's seriously messed up :P

Patti

Aaaaarrrrrgggggg, I just noticed there is a plethora of grammatical errors in my last post and the edit button it NOT WORKING right now!!!! This is my biggest nightmare. I hate making public errors!! I need to go hide.

MMMMMmmmmmm, Amaretto . . . it's been a day from hell . . . I'm gonna go get me some of dat!

Alex - definitely better off without Mr Jerk. It's as much an interview to determine if you would want to work there as it is for them deciding if they would want to hire you. Apparently, they failed miserably at their interview!!

Just noticed - there's no post button . . . I'm gonna hit this rectangle where it sorta usta be and see if that works.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

MMMMMmmmmmm, Amaretto . . . it's been a day from hell . . . I'm gonna go get me some of dat!

Alex - definitely better off without Mr Jerk. It's as much an interview to determine if you would want to work there as it is for them deciding if they would want to hire you. Apparently, they failed miserably at their interview!!

Just noticed - there's no post button . . . I'm gonna hit this rectangle where it sorta usta be and see if that works.

Nope . . . How 'bout this one . . .

Janet

animal0028.gif

Actually . . . both buttons posted . . . hmmm. Ended up with a single and a double post. I invoked the don't go back, use the magic triangle rule and it ends up giving me a double post!!!????!!!!

Janet

animal0028.gif

Yeah--it's making us post in duplicate :huh:

Or is some cases triplicate :lol:

Patti