Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

up-late

Glutenous Rice

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Glutenous rice is gluten-free. Basically it's one of those name things, like you said. It's just a world used to mean that it's sticky.

Rice vinegar should be fine. If the ingredients look gluten-free, I'd feel comfortable with it.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Grains do have gluten...including rice but we just have to avoid certain grains. Rice vinegar should be fine too

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

It's actually a different spelling, its glutinous, with an I. Just means "sticky".

Totally safe.

Elonwy

Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05

Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05

gluten-free since 7/23/05

Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

Whew, I'd been looking for an alternative to sandwiches so I thought I'd try sushi rolls but with meat and veg instead of the raw fish, I got the gluten free soy sauce (doesn't taste very nice) I just wanted to be sure the rest of the ingredients were ok.

You should try San-J Wheat Free Tamari instead of gluten free soy sauce. We love it. I think it tastes much better than soy sauce.

Cali

Here to support and cook for:

Jared (Husband with Celiac.) diagnosed and gluten free since Nov.2005

Abby ( 6 yrs old) diagnosed with celiac and gluten free since Nov.2005

Griffin (4 yrs old) not diagnosed but gluten free since Nov. 2005

Tamari is great and not as salty either. Once you keep using a product your taste buds ajust anyway. A lot of salt is not good for the body and tamari is a step in the right direction.

Joss

Glutenous Rice is another name for Sushi rice, Short Grain White Rice or Sweet White rice or vice versa. It's stickier than longer grain rice, and shorter so it's perfect for Sushi. You can also find Glutenous Rice Flour aka Sweet Rice Flour, which is used to make Mochi.

Violet

"My mother always told me, it's okay to play with a man's mind

as long as you put it back where you got it when you're done with it."

Whew, I'd been looking for an alternative to sandwiches so I thought I'd try sushi rolls but with meat and veg instead of the raw fish, I got the gluten free soy sauce (doesn't taste very nice) I just wanted to be sure the rest of the ingredients were ok.

Be careful though - a lot of those "California roll" type things have imitation crab meat in them, which almost always contains gluten (from wheat).

Diagnosed Fibromyalgia & osteoarthritis in multiple joints 12/06

Diagnosed gluten intolerant through dietary trials 8/07

Enterolab positive for gluten, casein, soy, egg

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 6,6)

Gluten free 8/10/07

Casein free 8/27/07

Soy & egg free 9/8/07

Eggs back again (whoo hoo!) 11/08

Diagnosed chronic fatigue syndrome 12/09

Starting various supplements/vitamins in hopes of feeling better!

There are ingredients called "rice gluten" and "corn gluten" and they are safe since they come from corn and rice. I was confused the first time I saw that.

10-06 Diagnosed Urinary Tract Infection (Allergic to Cipro, Bactrim, Macrobid, Doxycycline, Monocycline, Penicillin) - This UTI is still present with no symptoms.

10-06 Diagnosed "Acid Reflux" (Nexium didn't work)

12-06 Endoscopy diagnosed Gastritis (Negative Bioposy)

12-06 Negative bloodwork for Celiac Disease, Diagnosed "Gastroparesis" - Started Zelnorm

1-07 Diagnosed "IBS-C" - Still taking Zelnorm

3-07 HIDA scan to check gallbladder which was fully functional.

3-07 Zelnorm taken off market, started Domperidone

4-21-07 Emergency Appendectomy (FUUUNN!)

7-24-07 Enterolab results came back positive

Gluten Free since that night....

...Still not feeling great.

"Don't expect constant success, but strive for constant growth."