Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi! I'm in my third day gluten free, and at work today I was out of gluten-free food, but was hungry, so I checked here and saw that a snickers bar was safe. So I ate one, and have been having stomach cramps off and on ever since (several hours now). I've never had a problem with snickers before. They satisfy! What gives? Ideas?

TIA! b

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest cassidy

Unfortunately, if you are only a couple of days into the diet it is very hard to draw conclusions. It takes a while for all the gluten to get out of your system. It took me two weeks to even feel better to the point of being able to tell when I was glutened. Then, I glutened myself pretty regularly in the beginning so I would have good and bad days. I have also now figured out that it takes about 3 weeks for my reaction to be completely gone.

There is so much hidden gluten that it is hard to find it all in the beginning.

I would give it a few weeks and then see how you feel. Some people feel better sooner but I would expect some ups and downs in the beginning.

It gets easier so hang in there.

Snickers are gluten-free. Three days just isn't long enough to expect all your symptoms to go away. Your intestines are still healing. You'll probably get random stomach pains for a while for no good reason until you're fully healed.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.