Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

What Does Potato Flour Look Like?

I bought potato flour once (I don't remember where from) and it was kind of a tan color and had more of a flour texture. Then I ordered some potato flour from an online company and it is exactly like potato starch! It is labeled as p flour. I was just wondering if this is normal? Is potato flour always tan or can it be white and the texture of starch?

Thanks,

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had actually the same thing happen. I was buying Goodmans potato starch in the regular Kosher section of my supermarket. Then I went to an Asian market and was in heaven, as some of you know the price differences can make you cry! Well yesterday I was making lorkas bread, and finished off my canister of Goodmans potato starch. So I went to my closet and took out potato starch from the Asian market, and added the drop left of the goodmans (i wont waste a morsel with these prices!) and the brand from the Asian market was actually a tan color. While the Kosher one was completely bright white! I was nervous to use it, but I made my bread, thank you again lorka, and it worked completely fine. I dont know why the color difference, but the product made no difference in my baking!

I hope this helps you a bit!

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bob Loblaw
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):