Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

debmidge

Very Ill

A few weeks after my gallbladder diagnosis I developed loose bowel symptoms. Now they want to postpone my surgery until the loose bowel is under control (without Immodium). I have never been so sick in my life.

I have rethunk my positions on national healthcare (maybe I can see it clearer now that I am not well). My experience is showing me that our country (USA) has a gap for people in many areas. It has given me a chance to rethink. I also see gap for working people who are sole providers who have to hold down their job while sick. No time to run to doctors for tests, etc. No time to rest - gotta make up the time you lost from work - you need that paycheck. Hard to call doctors offices from work - follow up on tests - talk to your doctor - make and cancel appointments, etc. Hard to really think about what you need to do medically as you're trying to concentrate on your job.

I can hardly get through the day at work. I asked in another thread if anyone else or knew anyone else who had loose stool diarrhea while having gallbladder disease. I'll ask again. The new gastro I went to says it isn't connected.

I am barely eating (600-700 calories a day) and am losing weight rapidly. I have no appetite and get nauseas.

I had a CAT scan which was ok (only picked up my ovarian cysts as "masses." ) Everything else checked out OK.

I feel like I am going to die.

Deb

Awwwwwwwww Deb, I wish I had an answer for you. I wish I had answers for everyone including me. Have you every checked out the website WrongDiagnosis-- http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/index.php I have found some good info there. It would seem to me if your gall bladder has gone haywire, it wouldn't be unusual for your bowels to also mess up. I will ask my sis when I speak with her, she has had her gall bladder out.

My thoughts are with you.

I wish I had some real answers--or even some good ideas for you, Deb. I know 2 people who had to have their gall bladders out--one is my father.

He didn't have D--just pain. The other person (a former co-worker) had heart-attack type pain and nausea, and only found out it was his gallbladder after going to the ER. I wouldn't think it would be a stretch for it to cause D.

I'm sure it's different for everyone, though.

Are they sure that the cysts are "clear"--meaning nothing in them? I had them, too and via ultrasound, they could determine this.

Another thought, and I'm not trying to be funny--honest. Do you think it could be Celiac? The only reason I ask is that you are so good about making everything gluten-free for your husband. I've heard of a few others who report that after being off gluten, or being super gluten lite that they find that it becomes a problem for them.

Just trying to throw some ideas out there.

I will keep you in my thoughts, Deb :)

A few weeks after my gallbladder diagnosis I developed loose bowel symptoms. Now they want to postpone my surgery until the loose bowel is under control (without Immodium). I have never been so sick in my life.

I have rethunk my positions on national healthcare (maybe I can see it clearer now that I am not well). My experience is showing me that our country (USA) has a gap for people in many areas. It has given me a chance to rethink. I also see gap for working people who are sole providers who have to hold down their job while sick. No time to run to doctors for tests, etc. No time to rest - gotta make up the time you lost from work - you need that paycheck. Hard to call doctors offices from work - follow up on tests - talk to your doctor - make and cancel appointments, etc. Hard to really think about what you need to do medically as you're trying to concentrate on your job.

I can hardly get through the day at work. I asked in another thread if anyone else or knew anyone else who had loose stool diarrhea while having gallbladder disease. I'll ask again. The new gastro I went to says it isn't connected.

I am barely eating (600-700 calories a day) and am losing weight rapidly. I have no appetite and get nauseas.

I had a CAT scan which was ok (only picked up my ovarian cysts as "masses." ) Everything else checked out OK.

Deb

Deb, I am sorry you are going through this, with 15 years of daily D before my diagnosis I can definately sympathize. I read your signature and noticed that it is your DH that you are referring to, are you gluten free also? Or have you been tested and told that your not? I had a great deal of gallbladder pain prediagnosis which after reading your signature makes me wonder if you may have something like that going on. Your doctor is smart to try and resolve this without surgery at first. Too many doctors are too quick to remove body parts before figuring out what is behind the problem. I hope you get some answers soon.

Hi Deb, I am sorry you are not doing well. When I had gallbladder problems, I did have D all the time. Especially if I ate something greasy or with fat. Once my surgery was over, I continued to have the same problem on and off for at least 6 months (but not as bad). Then my body got used to not having a gallbladder to help with digestion. I am fine now. I hope you find a solution. Good luck. Feel better :rolleyes:

Deb

Deb,

I am so sorry that you are having so many problems. I hope that you find some answers.

My rheumatologist (my main dr.) just started me on Actigall for my gallbladder troubles, in the hopes of helping with my digestive issues. I lost about 16 lbs last year due to my digestive problems, and was eating about what you are. The only things that "helped" me were to eat things as plain and simple (meats with no seasonings, no fats/oils, plain veggies, drink water) ... and it didn't make it better, it just got me to a holding pattern.

Is your dr. aware of how sick you are?! Please keep us updated.

Oh Deb, sorry to hear you are feeling so ill! I really do not have any answers for you either. I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. Hope you get on the road to recovery soon.

Amanda

I am sorry to here you are so sick. I am scheduled to have my gallbladder out on Aug. 22. I currently have to stay on a very low fat diet in order to avoid being sick. I also have found that I need to eat frequent small meals.

I hope you get better soon.

DEAR DEB,

ADD ME TO THE LIST OF...NO ANSWERS FOR YOU BUT

LOTS OF HUGS, LOVE AND PRAYERS ARE ALL COMING YOUR WAY

JUDY

Deb

Sorry you are having problems. I had my gallbladder out several years ago. At the time I was having explosive diarrhea. Yes, this was after I was diagnose with celiac. I went to an interents and was mis diagnose. We brought over $100 of medicine. I need fasting blood work so I went to a local clinic near were we were staying. The PA thought I had gall bladder problems. An ultasound prove it. After surgery I was all right for a period of time. The drug store took the medicine back as I had not open it. It was Wal-mart and we have used them since as a thank you.

National Health plan is a good one; but I am sorry it won't happen. You can't choose your doctor unless he is on on you health plan care and many are not accepting new patients. This true with medi-care.

another thing you might check out, hiatal hernia didn't show up on the endocope; but it did on a barium swallow.Before myhernia surgery I could hardly eat and my whole body fluids were out of wrack. Good luck with finding an answer.

Deb, I'm sorry you're feeling bad. I don't have gall bladder disease, but I do have bacterial dysbiosis. It was tested for by a three day random stool sample. I have Citrobacter and Klebsiella overgrowth and am missing several of the good bacterias.

I have been taking Oil of Oregano and Uva Ursi along with massive probiotics (VSL#3, Theralac, and Ultra Flora) for a few weeks and the diarrhea is finally gone! I still have a lack of appetite and some stomach cramping, but I still have a long way to go.

I don't know if this is your problem, but it's something that was overlooked in me for several years, so I thought I'd mention it.

To help with the weight, I drink undenatured whey protein three times per day (100 cal. per drink) and I eat fresh fruit with homemade whipped cream (just whipping cream whipped with my hand blender) -- the whipped cream is 50 cal. per tbsp. I also drink a decaf grande organic latte from Starbucks every day (240 cal.), so I get over 800 calories without having to eat a thing!

I hope you find out what's causing it really soon.

Thanks everyone

(can't have dairy as I am lactose intolerant and Dr. said not to have dairy with the diarrhea anyway)

But friend sent me this web address

http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/what...se_000010_2.htm

the site is from University of Maryland Medical Center. Now the gastro I went to said that diarrhea/loose bowel is not a symptom of gallbladder disease. I am not proving him wrong but just that a few other people with gallbladder disease (not just passing stones) said that they had loose bowel. Just found another connection here.

And I only am considering making a change in my thinking as there was another thread where I mentioned I was against the govt healthcare. Since I've been sick now (and I have insurance) I have had more time to explore the lack of alternatives the uninsured have. I made me stop and think.

I'm so sorry you are so ill. :(

I do know that hyperthyroid can cause loose stools and weight loss, but I'm sure they would have already ruled out something so easy.

I know you have been eating intelligently for years now, but do you think posting what you are eating and what meds you are on might help? Maybe someone here will notice a connection that the doctors might have missed.

I hope you feel better soon, no, make that immediately!

I had my thyroid levels checked earlier this year. And I only take Levoxyl.

I feel so sick like I am slowly dying.

I have to get another blood chemistry profile test today and a bile salts test