Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiac-mommy

Amy's gluten-free Food List

Guest Doll

Has anyone else here reacted to Amy's???? :(

I sometimes do, sometimes don't. I'm guessing it's due to the CC issue. I *think* most of Amy's technically gluten-free products say they are "Made in a facility that processes wheat".

Anyone else?

P.S. Very tasty though!! Just wished I could have absorbed the actual nutrients! :P

DD has severe reactions when glutened. She's never had a reaction to any of their products that are labeled GLUTEN FREE (I don't buy the others). There are a few products they have that clearly say, no added gluten ingredients but processed in a facility that processes wheat. The products that state GLUTEN FREE, are supposed to be processed in a "safe" area free from contamination--that's what they told me, and I found that statement as well on their website under celiac disease (one of their children has celiac disease, so they say they're very careful and understanding). I'm interested to hear if others have reactions too, especially to the clearly marked pkgs.

I don't react to Amy's products, I eat them a lot and do fine with them.

I remember a couple of threads about this very issue last year, it seems some react and some don't.

Has anyone else here reacted to Amy's???? :(

I sometimes do, sometimes don't. I'm guessing it's due to the CC issue. I *think* most of Amy's technically gluten-free products say they are "Made in a facility that processes wheat".

Anyone else?

P.S. Very tasty though!! Just wished I could have absorbed the actual nutrients! :P

I reacted badly with Amy's gluten-free cheese pizza with the rice crusts. There are quite people in another forum I belong to that have glutened by other products mostly the mac and cheese and enchilada bowl. I don't chance Amy's anymore.

I reacted badly with Amy's gluten-free cheese pizza with the rice crust. There are quite a few people in another forum I belong to that have been glutened by other products mostly the mac and cheese and enchilada bowl. I don't chance Amy's anymore.

I have noticed that some of the products say "no gluten ingredients".... others say "no gluten". I think that they really try to label their products honestly and will indicate when foods are processed at places processing wheat. I have never gotten sick from the products that say "no gluten". I have never tried the "no gluten ingredient" products.