Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buffettbride

Follow-up Results From Ttgs

Two weeks ago DD had her first follow up appointment since being DXd Celiac in May. I never knew what her TTG levels were before, I was just told between the "elevated" TTGs and villous blunting from biopsy, she was Celiac.

I called for the results to the follow up so I could find out what her initial levels were and what they are now. It couldn't have been better news!!!

Her initial test back in May was 98.

Her test from two weeks ago was 7.6.

I'm so happy I'm practically crying--just to know in such a small amount of time what a HUGE difference has been made in her health. Of course, I can see it every day how much better she is, but to know there's some science to back it up makes me feel AWESOME.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is wonderful!!!!! Keep up the good work. Does anyone know what number is considered to be elevated?

Thank you-

From what I understand under 20 is considered normal so I'd SWAG at 65+ being "elevated." I'm no doctor of course but I bet there is some leeway. I could be completely wrong though... Seems like a large scale with some room for error--which would explain why some people show negative in a blood test, but still have troubles with gluten.