Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamaw

Costco's/ Mrs. May's

I was at our local Costcos & found Mrs. May's now has a gluten-free bar that has the ingredients of the bagged nut goodie they produce.I think the flavors are: strawberry, cranberry, tropical & blueberry. I bought a box & they are good but a tad on the hard side.... I love the cashew crunch in the bag...but these are so easy to put in your purse or pocket....

mamaw

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Costco is getting some neat LABELLED gluten free stuff in lately.

RiceWorks chips - sweet chili flavor (found other flavors recently at Safeway)

Sunrose Calrose Brown rice - large bag

Bora Bora bars (remind me of sesame snack but with more goodies, like almonds, etc.). These bars are not as sweet as the May's stuff. I bought the Mrs. May's Cran Blueberry Crunch, solely because it said gluten free, but I dont' think I'd buy them again - very sweet.

We bought those! My DD loves them she took one for snack at school today!

DD almost 8 Dx Celiac and Chronic gastritis 9/2007 gluten-free since 9/2007 seasonal allergies and mold allergies.

DS 5 seasonal allergies and dustmite allergies.

DH Ulcerative Colitis, had colon removed 10/2000, has Jpouch and doing great!

Me Hyperthyroidismdx 2004 was on meds for a yr went into remission 2005 with the stress of my DD Celiac DX my thyriod acted up so I am back on meds.

I love Mrs. May's stuff! I have found them at BJ's Club. They are sweet, but where I work there are "celebrations" where people bring in doughnuts, cakes and other goodies. Instead of missing those treats, I get out my snacks. It helps me cope!

Susan

RiceWorks chips - sweet chili flavor (found other flavors recently at Safeway)

mmm, love these!! my boss's wife bought a bag especially for me :)

I just tried the bora bora bars and had a reaction to the cinnamon one with OATS, which is a big no no with me. I think it's missed labeled on that one.

that sucks :( hope you feel better!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

I LOVE these bars!! They're great for a snack on the go! Plus they are very healthy with all the nuts and seeds.

Laura

Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism 1992

Diagnosed Adult ADD and Panic Disorder 2005

Diagnosed Gluten Intolerant 2006

I had one of the bars at breakfast this AM--LOVED IT. I can't have the bags of cashew crunch in the house because it mysteriously disappears from the cupboard (and ends up on the outside of my thighs :D ). I also found a bag of multigrain chips that normally I wouldn't have looked at because multigrain almost always means wheat, but I picked them up anyway and they are gluten-free. The were a big hit at our fight-night party on Saturday!!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

I've got a huge box of these and only decided to actually read the ingredients recently. Rice malt? Is that safe? I read the previous threads about it but there was nothing conclusive. I did however, seem to have a reaction after eating the bar. I'm not sure what else it could be since I'm 100% positive everything else I ate was gluten-free yesterday. :(

I watch Gilmore Girls obsessively and it makes me incredibly jealous of their ability to consume gluten-ous foods. (Isn't it ironic that glutinous and gluten-ous are eerily alike? :o)

gluten-free & DX- 11/28/07

Suffering since 09/09/88

I had many ridiculous, painful, worthless tests before I was given a simple blood test.

I stumbled across the Han's All Natural chicken sausages at Costco - they are clearly labeled gluten-free! They have several flavors and the are VERY tasty! :)

Diagnosed & gluten-free - April 2004 :)