Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caragj

Gluten Free Pantry Pie Crust Mix

Has anyone tried it? I was hoping to use it for an apple pie, but I'm a little nervous that it's not good, since there will be gluten-eaters on Thanksgiving. Maybe I should make my own - I saw some recipes here. Any thoughts?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've used it many times--it's very good. I've fed it to gluten eaters who liked it, too.

Make sure you roll it between plastic wrap, or it will stick to the counter ;)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

I've used it many times--it's very good. I've fed it to gluten eaters who liked it, too.

Make sure you roll it between plastic wrap, or it will stick to the counter ;)

Patti, you should be Gluten Free Pantry's Pie Crust spokesperson :lol:

caragj, I haven't used the Pie Crust from gluten-free Pantry but Patti always talks so highly about it I want to try it out myself sometime!

I have tried some of gluten-free Pantry's other mixes (Quick Mix, Brownies) and they have all come out great, like the real thing.

Join eNewsletter

Julie--I know! :lol:

Sometimes, I think I should post a disclamer saying that I have no financial intrest in that company--I'm always suggesting one of their products or another. B)

Patti

Join eNewsletter

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. Every time I'm in the gluten-free section of my local store and I see the GFP stuff I think, "hmmm Patti really likes this stuff...maybe I should try it..." :lol:

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Join eNewsletter

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. Every time I'm in the gluten-free section of my local store and I see the GFP stuff I think, "hmmm Patti really likes this stuff...maybe I should try it..." :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Patti

Join eNewsletter

I highly recommend it as well. My non gluten peeps who eat it say they cannot tell the difference. Some even like it better than wheat!

My problem with the dough was it was impossible to roll out....so I dvided it into balls - each ball the size to match the pie pan. Mushed the ball into the center of the pan and with my clean hands/fingers mushed the dough to the sides and top of the pie pan. Looks like heck! But once batter is in and it's baked no one can tell.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter