Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moe_87

Frozen Chicken Breast

hi everybody,

well i am new on the gluten diet anyway today my mom made me potato with chicken breasts

the problem is that after i ate the meal i had 3 bowel movements separated each by about 30 min

does this means it contains gluten?! i tried to search for the wrappings but unfortunately she throwed them away

she said she cooked it with olive oil...

waiting ur answers :(

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

hi everybody,

well i am new on the gluten diet anyway today my mom made me potato with chicken breasts

the problem is that after i ate the meal i had 3 bowel movements separated each by about 30 min

does this means it contains gluten?! i tried to search for the wrappings but unfortunately she throwed them away

she said she cooked it with olive oil...

waiting ur answers :(

Hey Moe,

Welcome to the Board!

No, it does not mean that you have consumed gluten. It will take your body some time to heal before it will except food the way it did before you got sick.

It took me many months to know what "being glutened" felt like. After several weeks of totally gluten free, you should begin to feel better by the day and your issues will become less and less.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

You *could* have been mildly glutened. It really depends on what your usual symptoms are. I know a woman who will be sitting on the toilet throwing up if she eats gluten (yikes) and then there are those that have no huge bowel issues and find out they have celiacs incidentally. Case in point, I know another woman who is diabetic who had a scope because she was anemic and found out she had celiacs.

For me, having to use the washroom 3x after that supper, I would suspect a cc glutening - like (as mentioned) in the pans or from the cutting boards. Again, for me, actual use of flour in the dish would make me more ill.

Did she dredge the chicken and brown it in flour before baking (you know, I did this once without thinking as I was starting to go gluten-free) ?

Join eNewsletter

It could have been gluten or it could have just been an illness or even your body was not ready to hand that particular type of food yet. Everyone's healing differs and some people say that in the beginning non-gluten containing foods bother people.

I can tell the difference now, between glutenings and other incidents making me not well.

Don't worry, pretty soon you will have it all down pat. :)

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Just a thought...some frozen chicken breasts are labelled as 'seasoned'. I've read the ingredients on the box and it states 'natural flavor'. Is it possible that the natural flavor is derived from a gluten containing source???

Simple answer, yes. Call the company and ask if it is safe whenever you see broth or natural flavors.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter