This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Extreme Pain And Bizzare Symptoms!

num1habsfan

num1habsfan Rising Star

Hey guys, me as usual having my problems but this time I'm not sure WHAT it is. I've never had this, and it feels like it's from Celiac but the pain is so bad I can't tell if it's Celiac pains or my IBD. I've had them for the last 5 days now, my whole right side is so sore that it feels blown up from being that inflamed and burning. Each day this continues to feel worse. What bizzare is that my diarrhea is pure WHITE. For these 5 days. I've NEVER have this happen before and I really don't know what to do. There is no other non-usual symptoms I'm having at all!! Just these 2..

HELP I'm going crazy here and don't know what to!

~ Lisa ~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BRUMI1968 Collaborator

I have to take off (to the doctor, actually) so could only look briefly, but it looks like white stool could be gallbladder or liver problems, and most responses to the question online included seeing a doctor as soon as possible. Bilirubin is what makes it the color it is, and that is gallbladder/liver territory.

Good luck.

Ridgewalker Contributor

If it were me, I would see a doctor.

Lisa Mentor

Lisa, I agree with everyone. Please get to the doctor. White stools are not something to ignore. It could be gall bladder, liver or hepatitis.

Do get to the doctor and check back here, OKay?

Lisa

num1habsfan Rising Star
I have to take off (to the doctor, actually) so could only look briefly, but it looks like white stool could be gallbladder or liver problems, and most responses to the question online included seeing a doctor as soon as possible. Bilirubin is what makes it the color it is, and that is gallbladder/liver territory.

Good luck.

Oh gees, that would be the last thing I need. I wish I could just phone home and ask the doctor myself what to do!!! Because if I went to ER here it may be like last time that I don't get out til tomorrow and don't get to eat or drink anything and can't take my meds. Think that would be worse.....do these extreme random issues EVER stop happening? Man i hate being unhealthy.

If I go to a doc I know the first thing they'll accuse of and test for: being pregnant :angry:

~ Lisa ~

Phyllis28 Apprentice

Lisa,

You need to go to the doctor to have this checked out. If there is a problem with your gallbladder or liver it needs to be identified and treated as soon as possible.

I hope you feel better soon.

num1habsfan Rising Star

You guys all have me terrified now :(

~ Lisa ~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Lisa,

Don't get upset--at this point we just don't know but it is a good idea to go and have this checked out. Try not to worry (I know...), the important thing is to find out what you're dealing with so you can do whatever you need to do.

Try not to get ahead of yourself ;)

Let us know :)

num1habsfan Rising Star
Lisa,

Don't get upset--at this point we just don't know but it is a good idea to go and have this checked out. Try not to worry (I know...), the important thing is to find out what you're dealing with so you can do whatever you need to do.

Try not to get ahead of yourself ;)

Let us know :)

My friend said he'll drive me to a walk-in clinic around 1 pm tomorrow. So greatful my few friends around here will help me out more than my own roommate would. He's fitting me in between classes....it's just upsetting that i can finally learn to deal with whatever i have, then more gets piled on. Grr..

~ Lisa ~

jerseyangel Proficient

I know--you've really had more than your share :(

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow--try and get a good nights rest tonight :)

Glutenfreefamily Enthusiast

I hope its not serious, but its good your getting it checked out. Your not a vegetarian by chance are you? I know when I went vegan they did a massive change in color but it was just due to the foods I was eating.

miles2go Contributor

I'm going through the same thing with the things getting piled on. It's great that you have a friend who's willing to help you out. Remember, it may not be anything terribly serious. (I have been on too many poop websites). But it's good to get things checked out.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Margaret

num1habsfan Rising Star
I hope its not serious, but its good your getting it checked out. Your not a vegetarian by chance are you? I know when I went vegan they did a massive change in color but it was just due to the foods I was eating.

Nope, far from a vegan. Not supposed to really eat red meat anymore but I definitely don't listen to that rule :P. I'm a country girl, can't help it.

So yeah definitely not that, and no change in meds lately, either....

~ Lisa ~

num1habsfan Rising Star
I know--you've really had more than your share :(

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow--try and get a good nights rest tonight :)

Thanks Patti...I've definitely had enough share for a few other people I think besides myself. I hope this doesnt keep up until I'm older.

~ Lisa ~

elye Community Regular

We're all thinking about you, Lisa...please let us know what you learn tomorrow. :):)

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Lisa, is there any way you can all your home doctor on the phone, and have him (or her) talk to the clinic doc where you will be going tomorrow?

As far as pregnancy is concerned, IF you are sexually active, a tubal pregnancy would have to be ruled out--that might be causing the pain on one side.

But the white poop is something else, and does need to be evaluated. I know it sounds gross, but you might want to save a stool sample in a ziploc bag (make that a double, no a triple ziploc bag) so you don't have to either stay at the hospital for days until you produce one, or so they don't think you are making it up just in case it all clears up by the time you get to the hospital.

Best of luck, and hope you feel better soon!

num1habsfan Rising Star

Thanks everyone for your support.. I really do appreciate it more than you can imagine!

I'm now feeling upper-stomach pains, just below the breasts...feels like somebody is squeezing it shut almost? That's the best way i can explain it.

I have an assignment due for tomorrow. I say forget it. I've tried working on it 3 times today and all I want to do is sleep or lie down....

~ Lisa ~

Thanks everyone for your support.. I really do appreciate it more than you can imagine!

I'm now feeling upper-stomach pains, just below the breasts...feels like somebody is squeezing it shut almost? That's the best way i can explain it.

I have an assignment due for tomorrow. I say forget it. I've tried working on it 3 times today and all I want to do is sleep or lie down....

~ Lisa ~

I never had white stools but I have heard others have with gallbladder problems but I need to mention it now with your upper stomach symptoms. It sounds like it might be gallbladder to me since that was my main symptom. I had such a hard time describing it, it felt like asthma as someone was sitting on that area but yet it wasnt breathing problems so I knew it wasnt asthma it also went into my back further on before I had it removed.

num1habsfan Rising Star
I never had white stools but I have heard others have with gallbladder problems but I need to mention it now with your upper stomach symptoms. It sounds like it might be gallbladder to me since that was my main symptom. I had such a hard time describing it, it felt like asthma as someone was sitting on that area but yet it wasnt breathing problems so I knew it wasnt asthma it also went into my back further on before I had it removed.

Yes that is what it feels like exactly!!...almost like an asthma attack but I can still breathe just fine. :blink:

~ Lisa ~

Yes that is what it feels like exactly!!...almost like an asthma attack but I can still breathe just fine. :blink:

~ Lisa ~

Get an u/s on your gallbladder, it really sounds like it to me. Going to the e/r wont help probably since they will make you fast and they will probably just tell you to call your dr and set up an appointment (that is what they did to me).

Im sorry! To help calm down the pain stick to non fat foods, honestly avoid meat (includes turkey, chicken, fish, and eggs), dairy, oils and nuts as much as possible. I know your probably thinking what do I eat but truly it helped me tremendously while awaiting its removal so I wasnt in constant pain as it will drive you nuts. I might be wrong so I dont want to scare you, just help you :) Sometimes the diet helps a little or alot, depends on what is going on in your gallbladder. If its full of stones everything might bother it. Mine was full of sludge and they accused me of eating at first, I knew right then something was not right <_< Try the extra strength Maalox if you can take it but honestly it didnt do but a smidgen for me in relief.

num1habsfan Rising Star
Get an u/s on your gallbladder, it really sounds like it to me. Going to the e/r wont help probably since they will make you fast and they will probably just tell you to call your dr and set up an appointment (that is what they did to me).

Im sorry! To help calm down the pain stick to non fat foods, honestly avoid meat (includes turkey, chicken, fish, and eggs), dairy, oils and nuts as much as possible. I know your probably thinking what do I eat but truly it helped me tremendously while awaiting its removal so I wasnt in constant pain as it will drive you nuts. I might be wrong so I dont want to scare you, just help you :) Sometimes the diet helps a little or alot, depends on what is going on in your gallbladder. If its full of stones everything might bother it. Mine was full of sludge and they accused me of eating at first, I knew right then something was not right <_< Try the extra strength Maalox if you can take it but honestly it didnt do but a smidgen for me in relief.

Yeah and ER always considers me "non-urgent" even the last time I went in there saying I was bleeding and couldnt move from pain, that my side was on fire and on a scale of 1-10 it was a 10. And that was non-urgent to them....so I could only imagine what this would rank me!

I'm following a Crohn's diet, or am a great deal of time, that says no red meats. I'm lactose intollerant but have been drinking Lactaid. So maybe thats why it hasn't killed me yet.

I'd rather know all of this ahead of time so that if it is the issue then I won't be in a panic thinking "OMG what is happening to me".

As long as they find the answer though, i honestly don't care what it is...

~ lisa ~

I was lucky the next day I got in to my dr. and had my u/s the next day after that and he called me that night but with you being in Canada I know that sometimes things are a bit slower up there. I had a panic attack with mine, I thought I was having a heart attack. It was so scary to me. If you do decide to go to the ER if it were me (if you can wait depending on your pain and how scared you are, I dont want to have you wait and something happen) I would fast overnight and go the next morning so that way hopefully they could get you in sooner and since you would be fasting they could do a u/s to check out your gallbladder and liver. Pain pills didnt help me with gallbladder pain, it just made me sleepy.

I hope you figure it out soon, GL at the dr's.

num1habsfan Rising Star
I was lucky the next day I got in to my dr. and had my u/s the next day after that and he called me that night but with you being in Canada I know that sometimes things are a bit slower up there. I had a panic attack with mine, I thought I was having a heart attack. It was so scary to me. If you do decide to go to the ER if it were me (if you can wait depending on your pain and how scared you are, I dont want to have you wait and something happen) I would fast overnight and go the next morning so that way hopefully they could get you in sooner and since you would be fasting they could do a u/s to check out your gallbladder and liver. Pain pills didnt help me with gallbladder pain, it just made me sleepy.

I hope you figure it out soon, GL at the dr's.

Yeah here in Saskatchewan we have the slowest of the slow. Honestly, longest waiting lists and everything. I'll see how I feel in the morning. If its REALLY bad then i'll go to ER instead, otherwise if its the same horrible pains i'll stick with the walk-in. Chances are i'd get seen sooner. It's a shame I wasn't at HOME home...i would have walked the 3 blocks to the hospital already :P .

And thank you, I will need all the luck and prayers I can get...

~ Lisa ~

YoloGx Rookie
We're all thinking about you, Lisa...please let us know what you learn tomorrow. :):)

Lisa, please do check it out ASAP with tests etc. if you can.

Just wanted to say though it really could be a bad case of yeast or fungus. What did you eat??

Do you have yeast or fungus infections??

The intestines are prime growing ground especially if you have had antibiotics and/or sugar and/or milk and /or hidden gluten goodies like you might for Thanksgiving..

It must be very confusing but stick with figuring it out.

Have you ever tried probiotics and herbs such as pao de arco and black walnut?

Yolo

num1habsfan Rising Star
Lisa, please do check it out ASAP with tests etc. if you can.

Just wanted to say though it really could be a bad case of yeast or fungus. What did you eat??

Do you have yeast or fungus infections??

The intestines are prime growing ground especially if you have had antibiotics and/or sugar and/or milk and /or hidden gluten goodies like you might for Thanksgiving..

It must be very confusing but stick with figuring it out.

Have you ever tried probiotics and herbs such as pao de arco and black walnut?

Yolo

I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary, that's for sure. My diet mainly consists of breads and pastas. Not a lot of anything else. And there's no way it could be anything holiday related and eating too much of it because my thanksgiving was almost 2 months ago!!

I haven't tried no natural stuff because this just started happening. We will see what the doc says in about 11 hours from now...for now I must email a friend who's had gallbladder surgery and then attempt a painful sleep...

~ Lisa ~

Archived