This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Mango04 Enthusiast
I tried this makeup after reading about it on this forum and really like it! I was using BE before. It's nice that there are so many shades of foundation. Anyway, my question is if anyone has used the concealer wet? I've never used a wet concealer that wasn't already pre-made. Any advice? Thanks!

Hi, (welcome to our cult).

My name is Meredith and I am a concealeraddict. :ph34r: I own multi-tasking concealer, intensive fair concealer, sunlight, mint, pick me up pink and two other concealers from two other mineral make-up companies. :ph34r:

I've used the EM concealers wet and mixed with moisturizer. It works well both ways. To apply it wet, just run a concealer brush under the faucet, blot it into a tissue, then apply the concealer as you normally would. You can mix moisturizer with the concealer in the palm of your hand. If you're using concealer under your eyes, you can mix it with your eye cream or an oil, such as jojoba or coconut. I actually find I get better coverage when I mix my concealer (or foundation) with water, but sometimes I apply it dry too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rpf1007 Rookie

Thanks Meredith! I'll try it out!

confused Community Regular

My train kit is out for delivery, im so excited, but since it is ups and the guy is my jerk of a bil, i know i wont get it til like 6 or 7 tonight.

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

Dearest Mango....new concealors added to the BE site. :lol: They added Bisque...not sure about the peach...was that always there, lol?

Speaking of carts...I just changed mine again, lol.

Since they took away the brush I wanted, and I was mainly getting full sizes of CONCEALORS and FINISHING DUSTS, lol, I decided to get rid of my full size personal kit and get the mini kit instead.

I made the mistake of reading a thread over at EM about undertones, and that got me reading the descriptions of the different categories again, and well, I've decided that while I am probably indeed WARM, I may not be golden. :lol::ph34r: So, I'm getting the mini personal kit so I can try out foundation shades... And, a free sample kit, AND a mini eye shadow kit, AND the angled brush, and the peach lip gloss.

And, so you don't go thinking that maybe I've mellowed out in my "spreadsheet" tendencies...I sat down last night and labeled all my jar lids with little stickers so I can keep my jars right side up and still know what's in there. :ph34r:

For anyone out there wondering, Buff Fairly Light Neutral is almost identical to BM's Fairly Light Foundation. Okay now I'm suddenly wondering what would happen if I mixed Fairly Light Neutral with Sandy Fair.... ahhh...back to my mixing lab....

Hum, ugh, feeling a cart change coming on. :lol:

Who wants to take over as leader of the mad make-up cult?

You're stuck with it...I think none of us has quite got the oomphf that you've got. :P

I have $32 worth of stuff in my cart but am holding off until the new special! B)

Yep, yep, yep. :lol:

I tried this makeup after reading about it on this forum and really like it! I was using BE before. It's nice that there are so many shades of foundation. Anyway, my question is if anyone has used the concealer wet? I've never used a wet concealer that wasn't already pre-made. Any advice? Thanks!

Hello and welcome!

I use my concealor wet most of the time (although not today, lol). I've done it a few different ways. I tap out a little onto a margarine lid and then:

1. wet my finger and mix it with the concealor and then dab on my under eye circles and spots

2. use a damp sponge and swirl it into the concealor and then dab onto my circles and spots

3. wet a brush and swirl into the concealor and then ...

3. mix a little of the concealor into some moisturizer and then...

Out of those three methods, the brush probably has the most control, the finger & sponge the more coverage, and the moisturizer the easiest.

My train kit is out for delivery, im so excited, but since it is ups and the guy is my jerk of a bil, i know i wont get it til like 6 or 7 tonight.

OMGosh, this will NEVER do...you MUST get it earlier so I can read TODAY how you like it...Does HE know how important this is!!! :lol: :lol:

Mango04 Enthusiast
Dearest Mango....new concealors added to the BE site. :lol: They added Bisque...not sure about the peach...was that always there, lol?

Speaking of carts...I just changed mine again, lol.

New concealers? Oh nooooo. I must go change my cart again too.

Jestgar Rising Star
I made the mistake of reading a thread over at EM about undertones, and that got me reading the descriptions of the different categories again, and well, I've decided that while I am probably indeed WARM, I may not be golden. :lol::ph34r:

You are surely both warm and golden in our eyes :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Aw shucks! :)B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cruelshoes Enthusiast

New special alert!!!

Enter discount code 5GizZt in your cart to get 8% off your order before March 10th. All orders over $35 (after discount and minus shipping) receive the 2 NEW PRE-RELEASE COLORS, the new eye shadow GLASS BOTTOM BOAT-- a gorgeous iridescent blue-green that will remind you of that trip to Key West -- plus the new blush and eye shadow combo MOJAVE CAMPING a super versatile apple red with a luxurious shimmer and rich brownish undertones. These will be available March 15th but you can get a preview of two fantastic colors today!
Green12 Enthusiast
I tried this makeup after reading about it on this forum and really like it! I was using BE before. It's nice that there are so many shades of foundation.

Welcome to the EM madness :)

Hi, (welcome to our cult).

My name is Meredith and I am a concealeraddict. :ph34r: I own multi-tasking concealer, intensive fair concealer, sunlight, mint, pick me up pink and two other concealers from two other mineral make-up companies. :ph34r:

:lol::lol:

You mean you have been hiding the fact that your BIL is a UPS delivery man?? Delivery men that we ocasionally must hunt down to get our EM orders?!?!? :lol::lol:

That's exciting your train kit is on it's way!!

I made the mistake of reading a thread over at EM about undertones, and that got me reading the descriptions of the different categories again, and well, I've decided that while I am probably indeed WARM, I may not be golden. :lol::ph34r: So, I'm getting the mini personal kit so I can try out foundation shades... And, a free sample kit, AND a mini eye shadow kit, AND the angled brush, and the peach lip gloss.

And, so you don't go thinking that maybe I've mellowed out in my "spreadsheet" tendencies...I sat down last night and labeled all my jar lids with little stickers so I can keep my jars right side up and still know what's in there. :ph34r:

:lol::lol:

Yeah, the wording in the descriptions of the foundation shades on the website gets me everytime. They do say a lot about the different colors, and there's lots of little clues. I think I am firm on a color, but then I read something else and I change my mind :wacko:

How spreadsheetedness of you with the little stickers on all your jar lids :D

I think it's a good idea to try out several different shades of all the categories one might fit in to.

:lol: Jess

Where are all our cult members, so many have mysteriously disappeared :huh: were they tempted by other companies?!?!

cruelshoes Enthusiast

OK - now that the new special is out I am going to order. I am ordering a 10 eyeshadow sampler, and the special has 2 other ones. Add that the the 28 I already have at home, and I will have 40 shades of eyeshadow. WTH am I thinking?!?!?! If any of you were questioning my devotion to the cult, I hope you aren't anymore. :lol:

Here are the colors I have in my cart. Love any of these? More importantly, hate any of these?

Birthday Cake

Swing Set

Pink Pajamas

Scented Candles

Baby Bath

Autumn Afternoon

Spin Cycle

Morocco

Cherry Fizz

Oasis

I'm not sure about Morocco now, since the special has a red color. But Morocco is Matte and the new color is a shimmer. Decisions, decisions.

I am getting the small silk dust, but I don't know what else to order. I wish I weren't at work so I could spend all my time on the EM site. :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
OK - now that the new special is out I am going to order. I am ordering a 10 eyeshadow sampler, and the special has 2 other ones. Add that the the 28 I already have at home, and I will have 40 shades of eyeshadow. WTH am I thinking?!?!?! If any of you were questioning my devotion to the cult, I hope you aren't anymore. :lol:

Here are the colors I have in my cart. Love any of these? More importantly, hate any of these?

Birthday Cake

Swing Set

Pink Pajamas

Scented Candles

Baby Bath

Autumn Afternoon

Spin Cycle

Morocco

Cherry Fizz

Oasis

I'm not sure about Morocco now, since the special has a red color. But Morocco is Matte and the new color is a shimmer. Decisions, decisions.

I am getting the small silk dust, but I don't know what else to order. I wish I weren't at work so I could spend all my time on the EM site. :lol:

love the morocco and the oasis. frequently wear them together.

julie,

Dhl brings my makeup ups brings everything else lmao. I cant stand my bil, he is an abuser, so when he does have to bring something to my house he drops and runs back to the truck.

I was waiting all day for my stuff and finally gave up and then i looked outside and there was 2 packages on my door step, I was like wow 2, it must be my enterolab kit, but nope it was my train kit and victorias secret stuff(an day early). My 7 yr old was so cute and ran to tha bathroom and got my makeup case and box full of em and told me he would help me organize it lmao. I relixed i lost an eyeshadow somewhere to, casue i only have 19, ughhhh.

I need to get my order ready now cause i need more makeup to finsih up the train kit lmao.

paula

confusedks Enthusiast

Okay...I don't know if anyone remembers my plan to get my mom hooked on EM so she could buy them for us to "share"? Well, it worked!!! She played around with everything of mine today, then went online and bought a sample kit.

The only thing is, I noticed when we left the house, that she had applied it VERY unevenly :ph34r: and it looked funny. I told her that she will take a while to "get used to it" :lol:;) but in the mean time, does anyone have tips for even application.

I told her to use less powder on the brush with the water. But I don't know what else?! Hmmm

Green12 Enthusiast

New Special? :blink::blink:

Birthday Cake

Swing Set

Pink Pajamas

Scented Candles

Baby Bath

Autumn Afternoon

Spin Cycle

Morocco

Cherry Fizz

Oasis

:lol: Colleen

Of the above colors I only have Oasis, Morocco, and Baby Bath and I love them all!

I was waiting all day for my stuff and finally gave up and then i looked outside and there was 2 packages on my door step, I was like wow 2, it must be my enterolab kit, but nope it was my train kit and victorias secret stuff(an day early). My 7 yr old was so cute and ran to tha bathroom and got my makeup case and box full of em and told me he would help me organize it lmao. I relixed i lost an eyeshadow somewhere to, casue i only have 19, ughhhh.

I need to get my order ready now cause i need more makeup to finsih up the train kit lmao.

Yay, fun stuff waiting at your door!! I love when that happens :)

Now I am thinking maybe I need a train case :huh: , you ladies are such a bad influence :lol::lol:

Okay...I don't know if anyone remembers my plan to get my mom hooked on EM so she could buy them for us to "share"? Well, it worked!!! She played around with everything of mine today, then went online and bought a sample kit.

The only thing is, I noticed when we left the house, that she had applied it VERY unevenly :ph34r: and it looked funny. I told her that she will take a while to "get used to it" :lol:;) but in the mean time, does anyone have tips for even application.

I told her to use less powder on the brush with the water. But I don't know what else?! Hmmm

Good work Kass on recruiting your mom, I'm so happy to hear that she likes it!

She can be an honorary member of the cult, like Paula's mom :D

I would also suggest getting the "buffing" technique down, the buffing is the key to an even application :)

And does she have a good kabuki, or flat top, stiffer brush for the foundation application? That can make a big difference too.

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, I'm about to sit down with my eyeshadows and color dot them. :lol: That's right folks....different colored dots for shimmer, pearl and matte! :lol::ph34r:

HOW DARE THEY PUT UP A NEW SPECIAL AFTER I LEAVE WORK!!!!! THe must never do that again!! :lol: Okay, off to go place my order, lol.

How spreadsheetedness of you with the little stickers on all your jar lids :D

:lol:

Birthday Cake

Swing Set

Pink Pajamas

Scented Candles

Baby Bath

Autumn Afternoon

Spin Cycle

Morocco

Cherry Fizz

Oasis

Love pink pajamas and spin cycle. Cherry Fizz is nice too as is Oasis which I wore yesterday. I'm putting in another mini kit order myself and that will just about do it for eyeshadows, lol.

WELL!!!!! How the heck do you like it!?! :lol: Don't make me come over there?! :lol: Cute story about your 7 year old!

I don't know, lol...I don't do foundation wet...I'd probably use a cosmetic sponge. I guess I should experiment with it this weekend.

Green12 Enthusiast
Okay, I'm about to sit down with my eyeshadows and color dot them. :lol: That's right folks....different colored dots for shimmer, pearl and matte! :lol::ph34r:

That's a lot of dedication Donna :lol::lol:

I don't know, lol...I don't do foundation wet...I'd probably use a cosmetic sponge. I guess I should experiment with it this weekend.

Good point, I didn't catch the part about her using it wet.

A sponge applicator might work better for that.

Also Mango mentioned that if you do use just a very tiny bit of water on the brush with the foundation it does give a nice, different coverage, but it's also thicker. (if I got that correct Mango?)

So Kass, your mom might want to try it dry and then wet and see which she likes better.

Something's the matter with me, I think they made us wait so long for the special the thrill is kind of gone for me, I must wake up, slap myself a little bit or something :lol::lol:

I do have to say the new preview colors sound REALLY PRETTY, hopefully a sign of things to come for the new collection :D:D

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay here's my order:

Custom Kits: Personal Custom Kit - Mini

concealer: Sunlight Color Corrector 2.5g

foundation: (Warm) Warm-Medium Beige 2.5g Matte

foundation: (Warm) Warm-Buttered Tan 2.5g Matte

foundation: (Beige) Beige-Medium Beige Neutral 2.5g Matte

blush or face color: Plum Dust 2.5g

finishing powder: Summer Silk Dust Small

Custom Kits: Mini Eyeshadow Kit

eye color: Autumn Afternoon Small

eye color: Baby Sitter Small

eye color: Carpool Small

eye color: Chamomile Small

eye color: Countryside Small

eye color: Emerald Eyeliner Small

eye color: Morocco Small

eye color: Rare Silk Small

eye color: Scented Candles Small

eye color: Swing Set Small

Makeup Brushes & Accessories: Angled Blush Brush

Lip Colors: Siesta Lip Color lip color

Custom Kits: Free Sample Makeup Kit

foundation: (Golden) Golden-Winged Butter 2.5g Intensive

foundation: (Golden) Golden-Light 2.5g Intensive

foundation: (Olive) Olive-Golden Medium 2.5g Intensive

blush or face color: Once and Again 2.5g

concealer: Spring Concealer 2.5g

Custom Kits: Mini Eyeshadow Kit

eye color: Oasis Small

eye color: Samba Lessons Small

eye color: Floating Feathers Small

eye color: Baby Bath Small

eye color: Ping Pong Small

eye color: Spin Cycle Small

eye color: Chamomile Small

eye color: Well Being Small

eye color: Starry Eyed Small

eye color: Smokey Pink Small

blush or face color: All Smiles 2.5g

foundation: (Beige) Beige-Medium Beige Neutral 2.5g Intensive

finishing powder: Tinted Silk Dust Small

finishing powder: Finishing Dust Small

: Siesta Lip Color lip color size

blush or face color: Evening Out 2.5g

Makeup Brushes & Accessories: Mixing Bowls 8 oz 1

Custom Kits: Free Sample Makeup Kit

foundation: (Cool) Cool-Multi-Tasking Neutral 2.5g Intensive

foundation: (Golden) Golden-Light 2.5g Intensive

concealer: Pick Me Up Pink 2.5g

blush or face color: Plum Dust 2.5g

foundation: (Warm) Warm-Buttered Tan 2.5g Intensive

here is my order, i now will have every shimmer color but 2 blue ones that i refuse to buy lmao.

My hubby just came and counted all my little containers and i think im in trouble lol, I guess it was a bad idea to get a train kit were its all in one place lol

paula

Green12 Enthusiast

Excellent order Donna :D

I am busy rearranging my cart, agonizing over my selections :lol:

omg donna we got the same lip stick and one identical foundations, but our eyeshados nothing was in common lmao.

I still need more brushes, i might have to go look at other sites just for brushes lmao

of course on a day were my husband is at work, once i did the order he came and took the debit card and hid it from me lol

paula

Do they have packers there all night, i went to check and my order was packed, i freaked out, i figured it would not be packed til tommorow. Im excited now lol. I again did post office tho, im not trusting dhl again lol

paula

Mango04 Enthusiast

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have birthday cake, spin cycle, cherry fizz and baby bath. They are all great. B) Pink Pajamas is in my cart and I can't wait to get that one.

:lol: Good job converting your mom! :D The flat top brush is the best for even coverage, so maybe when it's back in stock she should get one of those.

:lol: :lol:

Will you take a picture of your collection and show it to us when you're done? I would love to see it with all these dots and labels. :lol:

Also Mango mentioned that if you do use just a very tiny bit of water on the brush with the foundation it does give a nice, different coverage, but it's also thicker. (if I got that correct Mango?)

So Kass, your mom might want to try it dry and then wet and see which she likes better.

Why yes, that is correct! :) Now that I think of it, perhaps Kass' mom would enjoy applying the foundation mixed with moisturizer as well. It's easy to get even coverage that way.

Donna and Paula - those are fantastic orders! omg I need to order soon and I am undecided on foundation. Maybe I should get a mini kit will all of the foundation that I think kind of work? :huh: Okay well I'm off to go agonize over my cart some more. :rolleyes:

GlutenGalAZ Enthusiast
I still need more brushes, i might have to go look at other sites just for brushes lmao

of course on a day were my husband is at work, once i did the order he came and took the debit card and hid it from me lol

I was on the Everyday Minerals Site the other day and someone posted a comment about how there is a guy on you tube doing a video comparing Mac brushes to brushes you can get at the craft store.

The brushes are for tole painting/canvas painting. The videos were really interesting.

Just thought I would let you know since you are maybe looking for more brushes :)

I was on the Everyday Minerals Site the other day and someone posted a comment about how there is a guy on you tube doing a video comparing Mac brushes to brushes you can get at the craft store.

The brushes are for tole painting/canvas painting. The videos were really interesting.

Just thought I would let you know since you are maybe looking for more brushes :)

Thank you for that info, i will look into it.

paula

dlp252 Apprentice
omg donna we got the same lip stick and one identical foundations, but our eyeshados nothing was in common lmao.

That's because I ALREADY HAVE all the other colors, lol!!!

Will you take a picture of your collection and show it to us when you're done? I would love to see it with all these dots and labels. :lol:

Donna and Paula - those are fantastic orders! omg I need to order soon and I am undecided on foundation. Maybe I should get a mini kit will all of the foundation that I think kind of work? :huh: Okay well I'm off to go agonize over my cart some more. :rolleyes:

Yes indeedee, I will take a picture all color coded. And, that's what I did basically with my mini personal kit...although I needed some more concealor and wanted to also try a silk dust...so I got those to, lol.

Thanks!!! I actually have some artist's brushes...um, but I think they've been used for painting, lol...but I could get a feel for how they work. Thanks again!

Archived