Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHat brand vanilla do ya'll use? I picked up some and realized oh that has it too. ALong with sausage, hot dogs, and cream of chicken!!!! I get the meat stuff but vanilla and cream of chicken?? What brands do you use or what do you substitute for the vanilla and cream of chicken??

Thanks

stacie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use McCormick spices and extracts. They will clearly label any gluten on the label. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I JUST bought some vanilla the other day! I bought Rodelle Pure Vanilla and it has right on the label that it's gluten free. Costco, if there's one near you and you use Vanilla a lot, has one that gluten-free - It might be their private label, Kirkland, but don't quote me on that.

Speaking of Costco, they sell gluten-free chicken sausage and a lot of gluten-free items! I have good luck buying foods that I can eat at Costco. The soups - anything "Cream of" usually means it has gluten. Flour is used to make it creamy.

Laura

Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism 1992

Diagnosed Adult ADD and Panic Disorder 2005

Diagnosed Gluten Intolerant 2006

I believe Wal-Mart also label its pure vanilla extract gluten-free, too, but not sure. I think it's really imitation vanilla you mostly have to worry about.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams

Currently gluten-, casein-, soy- and nightshade-free.

I use either McCormick vanilla or costcos. For cream of chicken soup , the only one I know of is Health Valley has a gluten-free cream of chicken soup. I have two cans on my shelf but haven't tried it yet....I bought it at Whole Foods.

hope this helps. Bulk sausage usually does not have a filler in it basic pork & spices only. Your local butcher can help you get a sausage. I just bought little links at my butcher shoppe & nothing in them again but pork & spices.

mamaw