• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

blueeyedmanda

1 Week Till Christmas

Rate this topic

I am sitting here looking at the calendar and I cannot believe next week is Christmas and in 2 weeks we will be starting 2008. Where did this year go? I remember when we were all talking about the summer heat wave and when the flowers started blooming in the spring. I remember the American Idol thread, soon we can start that again.

So is everyone ready for the holidays? Anyone traveling? Care to share?

I am surprising my mom with a Weekend visit to my house, she loves it down here so I have some things planned and this week the weather looks like it will cooperate!

The weekend with your mom sounds nice--it should be much nicer weather-wise than last weekend!

Yes, this year has just flown by--it's been a very eventful one for me. I'm about ready for Christmas--all the gifts for extended out of town family have been sent as well as the cards.

I have just about finished shopping for the boys and Mark--just have to wrap everything. I actually can't believe I'm as ready as I am--and the house is looking a lot more settled, too :)

Before you know it, the holidays will be over for another year :)

We are so totally NOT ready! We just bought a house and everything is in boxes yet. We remodeled the office, so that took a lot of time that would have been completely devoted to unpacking. And just for fun, we're having the in-laws over for Christmas dinner. (At least then I know exactly what goes into every dish.)

And to boot, haven't even started the Christmas shopping yet. But fortunately this year I personally only have three people to shop for.

Ready as I'll ever be! :lol:

Whine, whine, whine Donna, lol. I actually have to do virtually nothing, lol. I'm going to my mom and aunt's house as I usually do...don't have to cook, don't have to buy presents, lol. My life in this area is very easy! :P

The year has been eventful here too, between Carrie being sick, I was an egg donor in Feb for an infertile couple so I did a round of IVF, the beginning of the year I was having some mixed feelings about my job which have been resolved and now I love it, the birth of my niece in April, my nieces mom and her "wonderful" b/f. All summer it was moving in and out....ugh! Then I had the wedding and the honeymoon...and John being sick and now Carrie being sick again.

I guess the year flew since there was always something going on....

Here's to another year of interesting things.

I'm actually way less stressed than I usually am at this time of year. All of Christmas cards and presents have been shipped. We have even managed to have most of the kids presents wrapped under the tree. I will be baking tonight and on Friday. I work retail part-time, so I'll be there most of the weekend.

We have had a great year, everyone is healthy. We did not add any more food allergies this year.

We didn't have any BIG events, really.

Amanda, I cannot wait for AI to start again and start posting again on that thread. :D I didn't know that you donated eggs. That is so neat! How is your sister with the little niece doing?

Almost, I have a few gift cards to buy and I need to finish adding the last 25 or so ornaments (out of about 200) to the tree.

Almost, I have a few gift cards to buy and I need to finish adding the last 25 or so ornaments (out of about 200) to the tree.

Two hundred ornaments! Wow, Phyllis, I would love to see you tree. Bet it's beautiful.

I'm' done (and if not, I called it quits) except for the cooking. We usually pot-luck for Christmas Eve and Christmas Dinner.

No Christmas for me. I have boatloads of work.

But I'm planning a holiday party in, oh, February or so. Anyone wanna come?

I'll come to the holiday party!!!! in Feb!!!

Actually things just got a lot more interesting. My parents are getting a baby girl (foster child) tomorrow just in time for Christmas. So we need to get out and get some little girls things, it will be her 1st Christmas.

I am an "all year" shopper so have have all my shopping done for months, however I went the other day to box them up and ship them out (all my family lives 2,000 miles away) and my hubby had decided to "clean out" the garage.... MY GARAGE!!!!!!!!! not his garage as its still a dump, but my garage that was neat and tidy and organized and he BURNED MY BOXES!!!!!!!!!! OMG I was sooooooooo upset, it took me months to find all those boxes now I have to find more and there isn't enough time to do it before christmas, so far in the week I have been searching I have found NOTHING!!!!!!!! I swear I am gonna kill him!

I have some things purchased which helps....John has zero and all he keeps says is I need to go shopping I need to go shopping....well why didn't you yet..silly?

Manda,

What a wonderful present that little girl is to your whole family! Wow! Just wow!

I'm almost kinda sort of ready. I think. :huh: Did some ubershopping yesterday and have a little bit more to go today. Tomorrow is wrapping day. My side of the family is having our get-together on Saturday, in Camp Hill! I'll wave as I pass the Hershey exit on the tpk. Hubby's working (again!) so I'm going solo. Dunno what we're going to be doing xmas morning. Last year, he was stuck working xmas day as well and we had to drive to his parents (90 minutes each way), do the exchange thing, and then drive back before his shift started.

Manda,

What a wonderful present that little girl is to your whole family! Wow! Just wow!

I'm almost kinda sort of ready. I think. :huh: Did some ubershopping yesterday and have a little bit more to go today. Tomorrow is wrapping day. My side of the family is having our get-together on Saturday, in Camp Hill! I'll wave as I pass the Hershey exit on the tpk. Hubby's working (again!) so I'm going solo. Dunno what we're going to be doing xmas morning. Last year, he was stuck working xmas day as well and we had to drive to his parents (90 minutes each way), do the exchange thing, and then drive back before his shift started.

Have a safe trip to my neck of the woods, I actually work in Hershey but live in the Harrisburg area (not the city) I am traveling 2 hrs tonight to bring my mom here for the weekend. So we will be shopping in Camp Hill on Saturday. She likes to go to the thrift stores on the West Shore. We always have fun. I'll be thinking about you when we cross the river. :)

I have to concur, this year has totally flown by, I can hardly believe Christmas is here.......

I am somewhat ready, ready as I'm going to be. Presents are almost done and wrapped, just need to pick up a couple more things.

Got my cards off, planned menus, made a grocery list. All I have to do now is do the grocery shopping and do the cooking, trying to simplify this year and reduce the stress so hope that it all works out that way :lol:

Merry Christmas everyone!

I think I'm actually ready for the holiday, but I'm certain I'm forgetting something!

All you central PA folk, I grew up in Mechanicsburg and your posts have brought back a flood of memories! At the time, it was a wonderful family-oriented neighborhood and we seemed to always have at least SOME snow at Christmas time.

This year has certainly flown by - I cannot believe 2008 is just around the corner!

While I'm certain this weekend will involve some last minute dashes out to the store, All I can think right now, is "please let my students and I make it through tomorrow!"

That last day before the long, rejuvenating break can be a challenge!

Fingers crossed!

Happy Holidays to All!

well im getting closer to being done lol. I got my chrismtas cards mailed today. I just have to shop now, i have bought nothing and i mean nothing. I tried to getting some baking done today, but that was a flop.

The kids started their break today, so i have no idea how im going to get anything done with them all home now.

I am such an procrastinator.

paula

I am going to do some K-mart and Walmart shopping tonight :) I am here with my mom now, we are putting the new baby to bed and my dad will baby sit the rest of the night.

But I'm planning a holiday party in, oh, February or so. Anyone wanna come?

I do! :D

I wish you could have at least a little Christmas, though :( Too bad we don't live closer--you could come and eat and run back to work. :)

I'm almost kinda sort of ready.

:lol:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Happy Holidays to All!

And to you, too, Julie and Amanda :D

So John is out shopping as we speak. I am doing laundry and wrapping some small gifts...Lucky is "helping" too. He is laying on the wrapping paper I spread out and then he tries to play with it so there are some bite marks here and there....if he is not careful I might just wrap him up....anyone want a Coon Cat for Christmas???

I am still trying to figure out John's gift though....I have a shirt for him and a set of glasses with his football teams logo on it....any other suggestions. These are two small things and I was thinking of maybe sprinkling in small gifts this year....