This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Burger King Tacos?

jayhawkmom

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

Anyone have any clue whether or not these are gluten-free?? I've searched high and low online, and BK doesn't even list them on their website. They are listed under "regional favorites" and show nutritional information, but not ingredients.

Just curious to see if anyone has any confirmation on their gluten-free status. Thank you.

(corn tortilla, meat, cheese, hot sauce, lettuce)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

I can't confirm anything for you but, seriously, the risk of cross contamination is GREAT.

jayhawkmom Enthusiast
I can't confirm anything for you but, seriously, the risk of cross contamination is GREAT.

Yep, I'm totally aware of that. I was just hoping that perhaps... on a long shot, *something* at a fast food restaurant *might* be ok.

FF usually isn't my first choice, but DH was heading there this evening - and I was hoping he could bring me back something. No desire to cook this evening.

Ahhhhhhh well.

larry mac Enthusiast

Don't know about Burger King, haven't eaten there since going gluten-free. I remember their taco's as being different from other fast food taco's. The meat was more like home made taco meat, ie. like ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning, as opposed to mystery meat.

Not that I don't love mystery meat. I eat Jack in the Box taco's quite often, with no ill effects. They use a special dedicated fryer for their taco's (at least our's does). That's the only thing I eat there.

The basic problem with any taco's would be the possible use of wheat flour as a thickening agent in the meat, and/or the potential cross contamination from cooking the shell in the same oil as flour containing products. Either at the restaurant, or at the supply source. Of course there's always the problem of workers touching the taco's with gloves contaminated by touching flour containing products (usually flour tortillas or hamburger buns). I definately wouldn't recommend it for the overly sensitive or overly squeamish (is that a word?).

I've also eaten the taco's at Taco Bell and Taco Bueno.

best regards, lm

gfp Enthusiast
Yep, I'm totally aware of that. I was just hoping that perhaps... on a long shot, *something* at a fast food restaurant *might* be ok.

FF usually isn't my first choice, but DH was heading there this evening - and I was hoping he could bring me back something. No desire to cook this evening.

Ahhhhhhh well.

We all have days like that .... since moving I miss my freezer which was ideal... even frozen and microwaved taco's are better than risking it IMHO ... but good luck all the same

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I have to agree the CC would be through the roof.

I loved BK in my pre-celiac days. Honestly didnt know they did Taco's

Juliebove Rising Star

I didn't know they still had tacos. They quit serving them years ago in NY, and they don't have them here. But as you said, it must be a regional thing. Perhaps you'll have to call them.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 11 years later...
Kchrisman327 Newbie

I just found the ingredients and it says they use a flour tortilla.

INGREDIENTS

TACO: Filling: Water, Beef, Textured Vegetable Protein [Soy Flour, Caramel Color, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Riboflavin (B2), Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Vitamin A Palmitate and Cyanocobalamin (B12)], Taco Seasoning (White Corn Flour, Maltodextrin, Modified Tapioca Starch, Salt, Dehydrated Onion, Paprika, Spices, Chili Pepper, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Caramel Color, Citric Acid, Autolyzed Yeast, Natural Flavors, Yeast Extract, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate). Tortilla: Water, Tortilla Flour (Stoneground Corn Masa Flour, Cellulose Gum, Mono & Diglycerides, Trace of Lime).

Scott Adams Grand Master

I don't see any wheat ingredients in the tortilla...it looks like it is corn masa flour:

Tortilla: Water, Tortilla Flour (Stoneground Corn Masa Flour, Cellulose Gum, Mono & Diglycerides, Trace of Lime).