Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have been looking around the net and diff sites and seeing plenty of actual specific made gluten free foods and also seeing indegredients to stay away from. I have seem some people ask for actual food products but get more directed to things to look out for in things or companys that will list nothing hidden.

Either I am blind or it there no actual food list because companys change so often it's just safer to learn what to read and check?

I have seen a few actual products listed by name..but not to many? Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do you want a list of specific brand names? Because, like you said, they change things all the time and the safer bet would be to check. Or do you want a list of ingredients to know what to look for when you are reading labels?

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Join eNewsletter

Some people accumulate a gluten free product list. I was desperate for a list in the beginning to make my life easier. But, most companies do no put out such lists. In the name of progress, ingredients change from time to time and there can be no long range verification of a gluten free product.

In the long term, it's better and down right essential to know how to read lables.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

In the beginning I went through our pantry and pulled out any foods that were questionable and looked up the foods website, e-mailed or called to ask if it was gluten free. There are some companies where in the FAQ section they do have a list of gluten free foods they make. If I e-mail a company I try to ask about a product in particular and then ask if they have a list -- that way at least you can get an answer on a product instead of Im sorry but we do not have a list.

I still always look at the label though. That was the tuff thing in the beginning was learning how to read ingredient labels.

Best of luck.....

:)

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter