Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Tori's Birthday Party

YEA!!! We had Tori's 4th birthday party today and I served ALL gluten free snacks and cupcakes and NO ONE noticed!!! It was just so cool because most of these parents I had never met before and they were commenting on how good the cupcakes were. :) No one knew they were "different"! :) I'm so excited! :) Tori had a wonderful birthday.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

A Great Big Happy Birthday To Tori!!!!!

So happy that you all had a super gluten-free time and all the foods went over well! :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

How exciting that everybody had a great time! That is proof that eating gluten-free doesn't have to be so different and is just as good. Did you tell anybody after they commented on the tasty cupcakes that they were gluten-free?

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Hi Angie

Give Tori A big birthday HUG from me... that little one sure is growing & what a cutie....

Did you make scratch cupcakes? IF so , Please share the recipe....

tahnks

mamaw

I used the gluten free yellow cake recipe from allrecipes.com. Its the absolute best cake recipe I've found yet.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Gluten-Free-Y...ake/Detail.aspx

Then I used this icing, but I left out the almond extract.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Wedding-Cake-Icing/Detail.aspx

How exciting that everybody had a great time! That is proof that eating gluten-free doesn't have to be so different and is just as good. Did you tell anybody after they commented on the tasty cupcakes that they were gluten-free?

You know, I was going to tell them that everything was gluten free, but I was enjoying myself so much feeling normal for once that I decided to let it slide. There were a few people who knew that they were gluten free, the rest, well, they'll never know. :) It was awesome because they turned out SO well this year! I was really excited. Some kids even wanted seconds. :)

~Angie~

Join eNewsletter

Hi Angie

Thanks for the recipe, I think I will try that for our grandsons big ten birthday. Hubby shares the day , his bday too......

It is so wonderful when everyone likes the gluten-free... its like winning American Idol..... I get so excited when gluten-free is triumph.

I haven't

been doing alot of scratch baking as I been taste testing lately.

thanks again

mamaw

Join eNewsletter

Did you guys do a home party or did you go somewhere as well?

We did her party at her gymnastics academy. It was really cool. They did so many fun activities. Tori loved it! Her little boyfriend came and they spent the ENTIRE time together attached at the hip. He's so cute. I was really glad to finally meet him and his family. The two of them are absolutely inseperable at school apparently. :)

Hi Angie

Thanks for the recipe, I think I will try that for our grandsons big ten birthday. Hubby shares the day , his bday too......

It is so wonderful when everyone likes the gluten-free... its like winning American Idol..... I get so excited when gluten-free is triumph.

I haven't

been doing alot of scratch baking as I been taste testing lately.

thanks again

mamaw

Definitely try the recipe. Its very easy to make and its sooooooooo good. I think its way better than the mixes that are available. They are moist and delicious. Its definitely rewarding when others like your cooking and don't think its strange.

~Angie~

Join eNewsletter

The gymnastics place sounds nice. I know my coworkers children have had parties at the Hershey Gymnastics place and the woman raves about it. It is also a healthy activity too.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Yeah, it was really, really cool! They did so many neat things with the kids. I was pleasantly surprised. Tori just started taking gymnastics there too so she was SO excited to share a class with all her school friends. I couldn't have asked for a better party. :)

~Angie~

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter