This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Today Is My 1 Year Anniversary :)

kimis

kimis Collaborator

I have been on the gluten free diet for one whole year today.......wow! It seems like just yesterday I was eating bread that doesn't coast 5 bucks a loaf. I have to say that in three or four extreme moments of weakness I may have taken a bit of my daughters food without her looking. It's hard being the only celiac in the house, especially when I do ALL of the cooking for the gluten eaters. Every once in a while I will make them a meal that is completely gluten free and not tell them. Then I laugh to myself when they console me for not being able to eat "real" food.

I am a little upset that none of my family members had anything to say about my anniversary. I had hoped than when I got home today there would have been a big gluten free cake from some special bakery with "congatulations on your first year of gluten freeness" on it.............but, there was nothing. At this point I would be happy with....."Hey Kim, I can't belive you have been on the diet for a year now." I guess nobody in my house looks a the calander.......which I had circled today with a big red marker, and wrote "KIM GLUTEN FREE ONE YEAR TODAY!!!!!!!!!"

oh well.........

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

foodiegurl Collaborator

Happy Anniversary!!

Maybe they are hiding their surprise for later?? hopefully?? =)

Salax Contributor

....."Hey Kim, I can't belive you have been on the diet for a year now."

Seriously, grats to you! I say screw the gluten-free cake (hehe), go have a girls day out, get the toes/nails done, buy yourself a new outfit, maybe a massage...you deserve it. B)

purple Community Regular

Congrats on a difficult job, well done! Your "gluten-free family" on here wishes you a Happy Anniversary!!

;):P:D:lol:B):rolleyes::):blink:;):P:D:lol:B):rolleyes::):blink:-_-:wub::wub::P

We all wub you!!!

even the twins

kimis Collaborator

Thanks guys..........you rock!!!!!!! I knew you all would make me feel better. I love this place! :D

melmak5 Contributor

This is a big day!

One whole year of taking care of your body for you and for the people you love.

They may not get it, but it certainly is cause for celebration!

DOWN WITH GLUTEN, UP WITH PARTYING!!!!!!!!!!

Amyleigh0007 Enthusiast

Congratulations!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

whitball Explorer

Aaaaaaaaawsome! Congrats!

ang1e0251 Contributor

You're my hero...heroine..both! One year is a huge milestone. Think of your mindset a year ago and how you handle it all now. Changing your whole life while caring for a family is no easy task but you did it and did it well. Someday when someone you know will face a big challenge, they're going to look to you and say, if she can do it, maybe I can too.

ranger Enthusiast

Congrats!!! I'm only 3 months gluten free, but feel so much better I wouldn't trade it. My family probably wouldn't notice it, either. But - who cares! I'm happy. And getting healthy. Anyway, good job. Can't wait till I get there.

Wenmin Enthusiast

CONGRATULATIONS!

This is worth celebrating!!!

:D

DakotaRN Newbie

Good job! Congratulations on your 1st Anniversary. :D

Ahorsesoul Enthusiast

I am so proud of you! Do something nice for yourself.

Switch2GF Rookie

Congrats!!!

I just passed 3 months. I hope to have my 80th anniversary of being gluten-free someday!

GottaSki Mentor

I'm a newbie...11 days gluten-free. You all are a great comfort and inspiration!

Happy Anniversary to YOU!!!! Way to go!!!!

Archived