RideAllWays

Help Me Solve My Mystery!

Rate this topic

Okay, so I am now inbetween puke-breaks and I thuoght I would try and figure this out. I had a migraine all morning since around 9, slept from noon until four, have been throwing up and D, feeling depressed and teary as well. I have no idea what could have made me feel this way.

Dinner last night

Baked potato topped with stir-fried (in water) peppers and onion, black beans. 1/2 chicken breast cooked in lime and garlic.

Breakfast this morning

Bowl of koala krisp (gluten-free) with lactose-free milk

Brown rice cake with goat cream cheese spread

Migraine starts, I start feeling lethargic, extremely tired, and weak. (When I say weak, I mean I was putting away dishes and had a hard time lifting plates)

Lunch

1 piece gluten-free toast (rice bread from Whole Foods) with peanut butter, my own jar.

Dinner-ish

So I tried to have some food, thinking I might be feeling sick because I was hungry.

gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free pancakes from TJ's. Used my own margarine in the pan, had pure maple syrup on top. Ingredients were not listed, it just said "100% pure maple syrup".

After this snack (ten minuets) I had a rush of D followed by violent throwing up. My migraine is back and I feel disgusting. To top it all off, I am in a house full of strangers 5 hours from home.

I have been being extra careful this last week because I am not staying in my home. All of my food is clearly labeled, as well as my toaster and cutting board. I just want to start feeling better and figure out what may have bothered me this much.

Sorry for the novel! Thanks for trying to help, any suggestions are appreciated.

Are you using your own pan? I always take my own pan along. I get glutened every time I try to use someone else's pan. Could someone have used one of your products and CC'd it? Sometimes, even when you clearly mark your own things, others will use them and not realize what they are doing.

Migraines on their own upset my stomach.

I'm sorry this has happened to you...feel better.

I don't see any thing that jumps out at me. The longer you are gluten free, you may find that your reaction time varies, which make it really, really hard to pinpoint a problem. :blink:

I hope you get to feeling better soon. It could be just the plain old flu .My daughter had the same symptoms for about three days. Still weak but improving alot.

If you are super-sensitive it could be just being around others that eat wheat & the crumbs ....nerves can also put one into a mild panic that can make a person ill ....

get better soon.

mamaw

You poor thing :(

Nothing in your diet sounds suspicious--I'm thinking you either have a virus or somehow got cross contaminated from the shared kitchen--pans, dish cloths/towels, etc.

In any event, feel better! Having this happen away from home sounds miserable.

The only other thing that I question is the milk. I noticed you didn't use any other dairy products, so maybe casein bothers you rather than or in addition to lactose?

Otherwise, I get a migraine a couple times a year. They make me sick on my stomach also, and aren't usually food related. I got one this spring that seemed to be triggered by my allergies.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

I have been using their pans and cloths..this is the only day ive been sick and Ive used the fry pan twice (well, dinner, and then again today). I'm thinking that's it. Thanks for the suggestions, it's comforting knowing there are sympathetic people out there who understand waht im going through.