babysteps

Hemingway's - Killington Vt

Rate this topic

I was at an event catered by Hemingway's (of Killington, VT - the event I went to was in NH) last weekend - they took *excellent* care of me.

They knew ahead of time that there would be a gluten-free diner, and they adjusted wonderfully. They even cooked 2 kinds of gluten-free bread that my (non gluten-free) spouse thought tasted great! That was a first!! They had thoughtful substitutions where necessary (not just 'leave it out' or 'put it on a slice of cucumber instead'). Where there were look-alike items (with a lamb course, most folks got a zucchini-wrapped timbale of cous-cous; mine was filled with rice) they confirmed as they put the plate down that mine was indeed gluten-free.

Here is the Hemingway's website - it notes that their "from scratch" meals can take 2 or 3 hours to eat (!) so I'm sure they are pricey, but if you're in the area and are looking for a special occasion meal, I highly recommend them based on my off-site catered experience.

thanks for posting this- I love that area and may just go out of my way to try them. It sounds awesome!

I see you're in MA - on the way home we had clams at Farnham's (in Essex) - they did differentiate between my gluten-free order of clams and spouse's (he had onion rings that aren't gluten-free) - so definitely clarify when ordering that you want gluten-free, couldn't tell if that meant a separate fryer for me or actually different batter.

The woman at the counter said that some days you can get gluten-free onion rings, so might be worth a call ahead if you're in the mood for a fried food fest!

Woodman's in Essex does this too! I didn't know Farnham's did. This is very good to know. I actually had a fried food fest last Friday with my dad at Woodman's.

Gotta love gluten free options! I almost dropped dead when I found out I could have French fries and fried clams again!

Woodman's in Essex does this too! I didn't know Farnham's did. This is very good to know. I actually had a fried food fest last Friday with my dad at Woodman's.

Gotta love gluten free options! I almost dropped dead when I found out I could have French fries and fried clams again!

Hey Mtndog.....I was a t Woodman's on Saturday, doing the same thing! :D I was craving their fried clams so hubby and I headed out and we totally pigged out on fried food. I honestly think their food is the best fried food on the planet. It is a little expensive but considering it is fresh off the boat AND gluten-free, I will gladly pay what is costs to eat there. I also love the fact they serve beer and wine.

I have never heard of Farnham's but will keep them in mind on my next visit.