Rate this topic

Just curious on everyones opinion on Bob's Red Mill products. I am newley diagnosed and have made several BRM products and have gotten sick on all of them!!

I made the cake-got super sick

I made the bread-got sick

I made the pizza crust-you guessed it got sick. the only two things i used from BRM that didnt hurt me were the pancakes and the brownie mix.

What gives!!!!!! I find myself getting so discouraged. I feel like i am groping in the dark. Are there some good books maybe?? I dont know how to keep myself healthy!

Read the labels on the packages and see if any of the ingredients are different. This might give you a clue as to what's bothering you.

Since you are still new to the gluten-free diet, look for how much dairy and soy you are eating. Some people need to avoid these while they heal.

Myself as well as many others react from Bob's Red Mill products...

I react to the BRM whole-grain bread, but so far, that's it. I haven't tried much of their stuff, though. I tend to go for Pamela's when there's an option.

I had problems with BRM years ago before they changed their factory, and their cc issues. I buy the packages that are clearly labelled gluten-free and I have not had any problems in the past year. Try to figure out if there is one ingredient bothering you. I couldn't eat dairy for the first year or so of being gluten-free. For some reason, tapioca bothers me.

I had problems with BRM years ago before they changed their factory, and their cc issues. I buy the packages that are clearly labelled gluten-free and I have not had any problems in the past year. Try to figure out if there is one ingredient bothering you. I couldn't eat dairy for the first year or so of being gluten-free. For some reason, tapioca bothers me.

I suppose i will try reducing my dairy intake and i will be certainly staying away from BRM from now on. Thanks for the help everyone!

I really love Bob's Red Mill and think they make some great products. I think it can cause some problems for people because they use a lot of bean flours, and the added fiber creates some upset in some people. And I think beans are something that some people are more sensitive to than others.

I actually just had the pizza crust tonight. I loaded it with toppings, and sometimes when I go a little overboard I get digestion problems.... What else can you expect from cheese, peperoni (hormel's is gluten-free), sausage (Jones breakfast sausage, pepers, onions, garlic, and more cheese. It's a lot to handle, and sometimes I dive in without remembering to take a digesting tablet. (Enzymedica Digest Pills)

That's the only time BRM pizza crust bothers me... but I highly doubt it is the crust. hehe

I really love Bob's Red Mill and think they make some great products. I think it can cause some problems for people because they use a lot of bean flours, and the added fiber creates some upset in some people. And I think beans are something that some people are more sensitive to than others.

I totally agree Wendy! For me, I am also intolerant of soy and think that I cross react with the bean products and guar gum that BRM uses since they are all legumes like soy, thats the only thing I can figure out as to why I react to their products.