AmandaD

Under Eye Twitching...

Rate this topic

Hi guys - It's AmandaD. I haven't been on here in a while. I've been busy with about 3 jobs, my kids and graduate school (almost done though).

I do have biopsy-diagnosed Celiac Sprue and it's under control. Currently, though, I have been experiencing an annoying constant twitch in the skin under my eye. It looks like an alien is bubbling there :o). I work a lot on the computer, etc. I did have a good eye exam and talked to a nurse and they both said it's caused by actual stress. Does this sound familiar to any of you?

Thanks a million. Will it ever end?

My lid use to do this until I started B12 injections. Now it's gone.

With your schedule, I'd say you are allow to twitch! lol You sure are busy. I am proud of you for controlling your Celiac disease.

Welcome back Amanda :D

I get that from time to time, it's usually because I'm tired and haven't slept well.

It's so sweet to "see" everyone on the board here again. It's where I learned EVERYTHING about Celiac. Thank you all.

Hi guys - It's AmandaD. I haven't been on here in a while. I've been busy with about 3 jobs, my kids and graduate school (almost done though).

I do have biopsy-diagnosed Celiac Sprue and it's under control. Currently, though, I have been experiencing an annoying constant twitch in the skin under my eye. It looks like an alien is bubbling there :o). I work a lot on the computer, etc. I did have a good eye exam and talked to a nurse and they both said it's caused by actual stress. Does this sound familiar to any of you?

Thanks a million. Will it ever end?

Your not too busy are you? B) LOL

I get them occasionaly & heard somewhere they were from low potassium. Ate a couple of bananas & they went away.

They can most certainly be caused by stress and eye strain. Getting enough sleep and enough time off the computer is important for me. Even if I'm getting enough potassium (and other assorted minerals), I get them from time to time. (Less so now that I'm not working at my office job. ;) ) They'd last for two to five days and get annoying as all get out. But fatigue (whole body, or just the eyes) can certainly do it.

I've had that happen occasionally over the past decade. I always chalked it up to stress.

twitching is a sign of lack of sleep.......today I finally bought some tylenol PM just to help me when I am an insomniac.

Haven't taken any yet, but they're there if I need them

Tena

I had it with increasing frequency until going gluten-free. I hardly happens at all any more.

I had a twitch that lasted nearly 3 weeks last year, it drove me NUTZ!

Reduce your stress, get more sleep, make sure you're eating a balanced diet and getting all your vitimins and minerals, and that's about all you can do. I'd suggest you have a rather full plate, and that is likely a major contributor to stress.

Also, what meds are you taking? I have talked to at least two people who take meds for ADD who have problems with eye twitching when they take it. I would imagine other meds might aggravate it too -- don't know for sure. Just a guess.

Did end up going to my doc just to have them look at it - the diagnosis: SERIOUS STRESS! Warm compresses, sleep, relax. Lord!!!