This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hey! Wait! I Got A New Complaint!

conniebky

conniebky Collaborator

I've been noticing a new trend.

My big meal is always lunch.

For about the past two weeks, after I eat lunch, I feel glutened or panicked.

Then, after about a half hour or so, it stops.

Can anyone relate to that or explain it?

I eat VERY lightly breakfast and supper, mostly just snacky things,

but everytime I eat my Big meal, I get like that, then it dissipates.

Look out now, Connie's using big words ! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

heatherjane Contributor

I've been noticing a new trend.

My big meal is always lunch.

For about the past two weeks, after I eat lunch, I feel glutened or panicked.

Then, after about a half hour or so, it stops.

Can anyone relate to that or explain it?

I eat VERY lightly breakfast and supper, mostly just snacky things,

but everytime I eat my Big meal, I get like that, then it dissipates.

Look out now, Connie's using big words ! :lol:

What are you eating for lunch?

conniebky Collaborator

What are you eating for lunch?

My homemade pimento cheese

today, gluten-free PF Changs (since I can't eat for the next few days)

Yesterday, lettuce wrap that I thought I reacted to, but it stopped after 1/2 hour

My homemade chicken broth brown rice carrot soup,

if I eat a little bit, it doesn't happen. If I eat a big meal of anything, it happens, and I also feel sick to my stomach, but the whole jig stops after about half hour then I'm fine. And I always sweat, too. :huh:

heatherjane Contributor

My homemade pimento cheese

today, gluten-free PF Changs (since I can't eat for the next few days)

Yesterday, lettuce wrap that I thought I reacted to, but it stopped after 1/2 hour

My homemade chicken broth brown rice carrot soup,

if I eat a little bit, it doesn't happen. If I eat a big meal of anything, it happens, and I also feel sick to my stomach, but the whole jig stops after about half hour then I'm fine. And I always sweat, too. :huh:

Weird - maybe you're just eating too much, or there was cc somewhere.

BTW, I've been wanting to know - do you live in or near Louisville? If so, you should come to our support group at Bapt East if you haven't already. It's a good group of folks, and we're having a cookout next month. B)

kitgordon Explorer

I always feel horrible if I eat too much at once. Maybe you should eat a smaller lunch, or break it into 2 smaller snacks a couple hours apart?

jackay Enthusiast

It sounds to me like your stomach can't handle big meals now. Try sticking to many small meals throughout the day if possible. I've been told that is actually the healthy way to eat, even though I don't do it. I don't have any tummy issues though.

I'm guessing if you do this for a while that you'll be able to handle bigger meals before too long.

Good luck!

conniebky Collaborator

Weird - maybe you're just eating too much, or there was cc somewhere.

BTW, I've been wanting to know - do you live in or near Louisville? If so, you should come to our support group at Bapt East if you haven't already. It's a good group of folks, and we're having a cookout next month. B)

How do I PM you?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Maybe try splitting your midday meal in to two smaller ones. I do much better snacking throughout the day than if I eat a big lunch.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Connie are you by any chance going through menopause or pre-menopause? There was time when I looked into early menopause because I was trying to figure out what was causing my fertility problems. Anyway, this sounds similar to what I read about...Some women get menopause symptom triggered by eating. Read this hear and see if it sounds familiar: Open Original Shared Link

The first symptom there listed at the bottom is "crashing fatigue after eating".

kareng Grand Master

How do I PM you?

Click your new KY friends name. You will go to her profile. Under the picture, it says message me.

conniebky Collaborator

Connie are you by any chance going through menopause or pre-menopause? There was time when I looked into early menopause because I was trying to figure out what was causing my fertility problems. Anyway, this sounds similar to what I read about...Some women get menopause symptom triggered by eating. Read this hear and see if it sounds familiar: Open Original Shared Link

The first symptom there listed at the bottom is "crashing fatigue after eating".

Yes. I had a hormone level test and out of 3-22, I was a 3. Doc said no HRT.

I'm going to go read this article

thank you!

conniebky Collaborator

Click your new KY friends name. You will go to her profile. Under the picture, it says message me.

k- thank you GFkareng :P

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Yes. I had a hormone level test and out of 3-22, I was a 3. Doc said no HRT.

I'm going to go read this article

thank you!

Yeah I would just try eating several lighter meals like everyone suggested. I don't know anything about the HRT, but perhaps get a second opinion on that. Many of your posts sound like they could be related to really bad menopause symptoms.

conniebky Collaborator

He won't do the HRT because my mom had uterine cancer and my daddy passed of cancer in the jaw and throat (and I smoke).

I'm going to call over there and ask him to get me into an OBGYN,

certainly there's something can be done......

Archived