Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dellers

What Was Your Last Gluten Meal ?

I am getting my endoscopy in the morning. After a long battle with doctors with all my symptoms. Been very sick on the challenge I have not left the house in over a week due to it. Tonight is hopefully my last ever gluten meal I am thinking domino's pizza. I have burger king for lunch now I loved it however my belly thought different :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I remember going to my in laws the weekend before and having a big Italian meal- pasta, breads, etc. I also had a chicken finger sub that weekend.

Pizza sounds good! Enjoy!! I tried gluten-free pizza from my local pizza place recently and it was very good!

Positive TTG IGA blood test 8/13/10

Endoscopy confirmed 8/31/10

Started gluten-free diet 9/1/10

It was so long ago, I can't remember what I ate. I drank a lot of beer tho... THAT I remember.

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

It was so long ago, I can't remember what I ate. I drank a lot of beer tho... THAT I remember.

I did have a Budweiser last week it was lovely ! I know some dont think its real beer but it was nice. I really like the diatry specials pizza but tonight its 2 pizzas for

I remember because I got so sick. It was a sandwich from Jack in the Box. I was going to gluten challenge so I went by Jack in the Box on the way home since they were only a few blocks away to start it. They had grilled French bread sandwiches on a promotion. I got one with ham and swiss, got sick, and decided I didn't want to put up with being that sick for a month. I would have chosen something a little better had I known it was going to be my last full-gluten meal. :lol:

December 27, 2009: Breakfast at my in-laws house, the main features of which were my mother-in-law's special bread that she only makes at Christmas and my sister-in-law's cookies. Ugh. I was already suffering from three days of family festivities (my own personal gluten challenge, although I had been avoiding obvious gluten when possible) and that pushed me over the edge. I haven't intentionally consumed gluten since.

It was a gluten challenge - a tablespoon of vital wheat gluten in a bowl of yogurt. YUCK! But it told me that gluten does NOT sit well with me. :P

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Hi I thought I would update on this I went for the camera. They had to stop the procedure as I was in distress so they only managed to get one sample. I can not remember a thing so I dont know exactly what happened.

Hi I thought I would update on this I went for the camera. They had to stop the procedure as I was in distress so they only managed to get one sample. I can not remember a thing so I dont know exactly what happened.

Be glad you don't remember :( I remember the colonoscopy and endoscopy..they kept giving me the shots of pain relievers...but I felt it all and remember the whole thing! At least I know I have Celiacs...so it was worth it. Hope you get some answers!

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease November 2009

2011:

Anemia is gone for the first time in my life, Yay!

Teeth are cleaner according to my dentist (interesting, eh???)

Eyesight has improved for the first time in my life (another interesting thing!)

**My advice to the newly diagnosed** HANG IN THERE!! It gets better and is so worth the seemly long road to getting better. Just be happy you can make yourself healthy with a diet change, and not have to take pills for the rest of your life. :D

Be glad you don't remember :( I remember the colonoscopy and endoscopy..they kept giving me the shots of pain relievers...but I felt it all and remember the whole thing! At least I know I have Celiacs...so it was worth it. Hope you get some answers!

I have one tiny memory of trying to sit up. I have a liver scan on Monday so that should go better :lol: . I was reading online if you do show distress they should stop it straight away but that must have been terrible for you.

I am getting my endoscopy in the morning. After a long battle with doctors with all my symptoms. Been very sick on the challenge I have not left the house in over a week due to it. Tonight is hopefully my last ever gluten meal I am thinking domino's pizza. I have burger king for lunch now I loved it however my belly thought different :)

Fried shrimp and hushpuppies, although now I wish I had gone to paneras or my fav mexican place! Papa johns perhaps.. Those are what I miss right now. However, going gluten-free has made a big difference..not trying to figure out other intolerances.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10

Endo biopsy positive 5/10

Gluten free 5/10

Pizza from pizza hut and a 6 inch sandwich from subway. all on the same night :lol:

I knew I would miss those, but I will miss the subway sandwich the most. :P

Don't remember but it appears my seafood dinner the other night had it. My fault for not really investigating the ingredients.

Started exhibiting symptoms 1979

DXed IBS 1987

Self Dx Gluten sensitive via elimination diet July 2010

Gluten free since July 12 2010

Carb&Sugar light August 2010

experimenting with being Grain light

My husband's delicious spaghetti with meat sauce and cheesy garlic bread, mmmmmm it was so good!

Just takin it one day at a time :)

I'm going to PIG OUT tomorrow at my favorite Chinese buffet and eat orange chicken and noodles until it hurts... literally. <_<

I just had my EGD and was just diagnosed. My last meal will be tasty but I'm going to have a good attitude about all this so no worries.

When I first suspected gluten intolerance I was very very well behaved & cut it all out right away, which made me feel amazing. But between talking to my doctor about it and having the blood test I went on a massive gluten binge, pigging out on hamburgers and kebabs and just about anything else that comes wrapped in gluteny goodness. Probably just as well - when I got my results, the antibodies were so high (>300) I didn't need a biopsy to confirm! :P

A sandwich... From a bakery called Paradise bakery. It was good, but sickening... Sad to say. I also had gotten sick because someone ate tuna fish around me... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... Silly law firm getting so much bad stuff to eat for me. Between gluten and tuna, I can never eat here... (Thankfully I bring my own lunches now.... mmmmm cinnamon bread. yum. I am so glad I don't have to completely give up bread and that there is gluten free stuff out there.)

Gluten Free since Oct. 1, 2010
Fish/Seafood Free since 1997
Chocolate Free (with a few taste tests to see if I'm just crazy) since 2001.
Officially Dairy free 8/5/2013 (mostly dairy free before that, but I like my cheese and things) (dx'd officially with lactose intolerance, suspect casein too though)
Esophagitis dx'd 8/5/2013 thus doing a diet devoid of acidic foods and stuff