This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Rowena Rising Star

I just made corn tacos made with my own salsa!  Veggies were grilled squash and grilled onions (done on a griddle inside since its wet and we don't have a grill anyway.)... MMMMMMM soooo good.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

notme Experienced

I just made corn tacos made with my own salsa!  Veggies were grilled squash and grilled onions (done on a griddle inside since its wet and we don't have a grill anyway.)... MMMMMMM soooo good.

yum!  that sounds good, too :)  

addie:  i am probably going to pay for my cheese demanding hissy-fit tonight, but i have been very good.  (for *me*.)  i will hop back on the wagon..........................tomorrow..........................

IrishHeart Veteran

(((((hugs))))) have some more hugs, you probably need them. :wub:

so, very sorry   :(   ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  been through that not too long ago.  changed the way i thought about alot of things....  

Thanks, guys. I always appreciate the lovins. :wub:

and that pizza was awesomely scrumptious. I also had wine.  :) so far, so good.

w8in4dave Community Regular

So tonight :) I made hubbs a Tuna Casserole :) Yes a big fat glutenized Casserole! :) I made another steak with more potatoes lol I know soon I will have to think of something eles besides meat , potatoes or rice, and veggie from the freezer ... But for now it is working :) 

GottaSki Mentor

Oh boy...late to the party.....

BEST ENCHILADAs EVER and ya we've been eating them awhile in this neck of the woods....

Any left over steak, pork, chicken...or make sure you bake a few thighs to have meat!

Grate cheese..lots...Jack is best  but cheddar works....helpful hint --- throw the block in the freeze for about 10 before you grate.

about a cup of cream

about a tsp of salt

some sugar

lots of garlic...3-4 cloves at least

throw in blender...if it gets too whipped..add a touch of water

so that is where I stop for one son...so we pause here....

then add big old bunch of ciilantro...and a at least a small can of chopped green chili----blend.

Heat tortillas -1to2 dozen in a microwave wrapped in a wet paper towel for a miniute...maybe two.

-----Throw a bit of sauce in the pan (larger the better - never ever heard of too few ladas)

Roll totilla-meat-cheese-(fresh cilantro or green onion work well here) - if they don't roll tight...go back to the warming the tortilla/micro stage.

Roll...Roll....Roll.....you get the idea

Top with remaining sauce....more cheese...fresh ground pepper...chopped tomato and green onion optoinal.

Bake for 25 minutes at 350 or so.

GottaSki Mentor

hmmmm...that looks a bit messy...well that is the way we cook...throwing bits of whole food together.....let me know if you can't replicate and I'll try to clean it up a bit.

Still have dif kids grabbing instruments down below me --- so I am in heaven!!!

come dance with me Enthusiast

Well apparently the sausages were delicious.  They are $8 for a pack of 6 so I'm not going to eat them, my daughter can have those to herself.  We both had the same veges.  We have a small health food store that stocks and sells a lot of shelf, fridge and freezer items, but they also have a chef who makes raw vegan, gluten free food like cheesecakes, little snack balls, sausages, all sorts of things.  They make little lunch box snacks.  NOT CHEAP!!! We don't go there all the time for these items, but it's nice when we do.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Finnish meatballs with partridgeberry jelly

Porcini-infused Jasmine rice

Maple and cumin roasted carrots

Brandy-infused cupcakes with Brandy buttercream

w8in4dave Community Regular

BEST ENCHILADAs EVER and ya we've been eating them awhile in this neck of the woods....

Any left over steak, pork, chicken...or make sure you bake a few thighs to have meat!

Grate cheese..lots...Jack is best  but cheddar works....helpful hint --- throw the block in the freeze for about 10 before you grate.

about a cup of cream

about a tsp of salt

some sugar

then add big old bunch of ciilantro...and a at least a small can of chopped green chili----blend.

Heat tortillas -1to2 dozen in a microwave wrapped in a wet paper towel for a miniute...maybe two.

-----Throw a bit of sauce in the pan (larger the better - never ever heard of too few ladas)

Roll totilla-meat-cheese-(fresh cilantro or green onion work well here) - if they don't roll tight...go back to the warming the tortilla/micro stage.

Top with remaining sauce....more cheese...fresh ground pepper...chopped tomato and green onion optoinal.

Sounds Awesome!! :) I will write this down!! :) Ughhh yea I cook messy also :) 

Adalaide Mentor

Pizza for supper tonight! I'll roast some of my fresh yellow cherry tomatoes, I have fresh basil from the farmer's market yesterday, and some fresh mozzarella. I just make personal sized pizzas because my husband won't touch a pizza like that. The second pizza will be a dessert pizza with blueberries and goat cheese. I'm thinking nuts would be pushing my luck, so I'll stick with not making myself want to be flung from the highest cliff in Utah tonight.

I didn't get a migraine last night from my greens, but I could tell that I was borderline. So, I guess that is a draw? Maybe I just need more time. Maybe I need to try other kinds of greens. It has been a year since I fried a green leaf in onions and garlic and it smelled absolutely amazing. I didn't realize how much I missed that. Maybe in a few weeks I'll see if a different type of green thing wants to play nice with me.

notme Experienced

about a cup of cream

about a tsp of salt

some sugar

i actually found the original :D  and copied it into my cheat files it is now:  

SKI-LISA'S CREAMY GARLIC ENCHILADAS

(WHICH ARE AWESOME!)

so many recipes get put on this thread that i thought it would be hard to find but i just put the title in (i think the search has to be on the thread, though, not the forum?) and it came right up.  helpful to find everybody else's awesome recipes on here, wooohoooooo!!

so delicious, so easy, (i am a 'roller' from wayback lolz i fed 4 kids and i cook for *church* don't mess with me hahahaaa) i actually used regular salsa instead of green, so it was a little bit of a funky color once i got the sauce blended just right.  i did the sauce in 2 batches in the bullet - glad i did because the first half turned almost into whipped cream!  the second half i did a little thinner and mixed together.  deeeeeeeee-licious!!!  thank you and hubs says 'yum' as well (griping that he likes flour tortillas better - i can't get around that one - the rice ones i can get are definitely sub-par :( )  i told him that using non-corn tortillas would disauthenticate the recipe and cause a tear in the space-time continuem therefore creating a paradox.   so, he should zip it. <_<

notme Experienced

Well apparently the sausages were delicious.  They are $8 for a pack of 6 so I'm not going to eat them, my daughter can have those to herself.  We both had the same veges.  We have a small health food store that stocks and sells a lot of shelf, fridge and freezer items, but they also have a chef who makes raw vegan, gluten free food like cheesecakes, little snack balls, sausages, all sorts of things.  They make little lunch box snacks.  NOT CHEAP!!! We don't go there all the time for these items, but it's nice when we do.

i would sooooo be his best friend :)  when i was growing up, our neighbor was a german butcher - he would bring us home so many tasty goodies!  i didn't realize how spoiled we were :)  could not pronounce one word of what i was eating.........  "here, arlene, have some loschtketkagenschnitzelhousen!"  "OK!"  :D

notme Experienced

when i hit the lottery, the compound is happening.  you are head chef, love2 - anybody that can make us drool from halfway around the world......  i don't even know what finnish meatballs OR partridgeberries are but i want them!

notme Experienced

I didn't get a migraine last night from my greens, but I could tell that I was borderline. So, I guess that is a draw? Maybe I just need more time. Maybe I need to try other kinds of greens. It has been a year since I fried a green leaf in onions and garlic and it smelled absolutely amazing. I didn't realize how much I missed that. Maybe in a few weeks I'll see if a different type of green thing wants to play nice with me.

have you tried frying spinach in garlic & onions - i can do that no prob :)  

(so far, cheddar and jack are playing nice (YAY!), although i noticed i'm a little lightheaded this morning (?) wierd.....  )

GottaSki Mentor

i actually found the original :D  and copied it into my cheat files it is now:  

SKI-LISA'S CREAMY GARLIC ENCHILADAS

(WHICH ARE AWESOME!)

so many recipes get put on this thread that i thought it would be hard to find but i just put the title in (i think the search has to be on the thread, though, not the forum?) and it came right up.  helpful to find everybody else's awesome recipes on here, wooohoooooo!!

so delicious, so easy, (i am a 'roller' from wayback lolz i fed 4 kids and i cook for *church* don't mess with me hahahaaa) i actually used regular salsa instead of green, so it was a little bit of a funky color once i got the sauce blended just right.  i did the sauce in 2 batches in the bullet - glad i did because the first half turned almost into whipped cream!  the second half i did a little thinner and mixed together.  deeeeeeeee-licious!!!  thank you and hubs says 'yum' as well (griping that he likes flour tortillas better - i can't get around that one - the rice ones i can get are definitely sub-par :( )  i told him that using non-corn tortillas would disauthenticate the recipe and cause a tear in the space-time continuem therefore creating a paradox.   so, he should zip it. <_<

Indeed...I used to make flour once in awhile but they turn to mush too easily..

...must be the lack of access to the Flux Capacitor or a Tardis ;)

GottaSki Mentor

no words....just brain screaming yum...  :wub:

love2travel Mentor

I LOVE that! Brain screaming yum is a great description.

IrishHeart Veteran

i told him that using non-corn tortillas would disauthenticate the recipe and cause a tear in the space-time continuem therefore creating a paradox.   so, he should zip it. <_<

thanks for making me shoot seltzer water out of my nose. 

"here, arlene, have some loschtketkagenschnitzelhousen!"    :D

gazundheit! ^_^

I learned a long time ago from being around an Armenian Gramma and a French Grammy, her Greek friends, the Italians and Germans in our ethnically mixed neighborhood....... if anyone gives you awesome ethnic food, just EAT IT!! It's gonna be awesome!

That's it. That's our new rating system for food.

Imaginary convo:

What does the menu look like in that new restaurant, Irish?

well, Ski. ...it looks so great, my brain is screaming yum.

Y U P That'll work.

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm doing a chicken on the rotisserie. It's hot here and I am not very hungry.

I think maybe some broccoli slaw and perhaps....sauteed kale.

I am going out to walk around the pool backwards. B)

Don't laugh. The PT and the trainer at the gym recommend it

for balance and toning the abs and core and make my buns steely.

I look silly, I am sure, but the only ones who may possibly see me is the cat,

the deer, the bunnies, the birds....

The hubs learned a long time ago to turn a blind eye to whatever shenanigans I may be up to.

Adalaide Mentor

have you tried frying spinach in garlic & onions - i can do that no prob :)

(so far, cheddar and jack are playing nice (YAY!), although i noticed i'm a little lightheaded this morning (?) wierd.....  )

Spinach is what set me off and got me started on this whole stupid thing so it is the bottom of my list for greens. <_< Glad that your cheese is playing nice with you. :)

The hubs learned a long time ago to turn a blind eye to whatever shenanigans I may be up to.

My husband still gives me weird looks and has all sorts of commentary on things I do. I think we're just still too young, or maybe just not married long enough (only 5 years) for him to just ignore it. Or maybe he just enjoys teasing me too much. :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

Spinach is what set me off and got me started on this whole stupid thing so it is the bottom of my list for greens. <_< Glad that your cheese is playing nice with you. :)

My husband still gives me weird looks and has all sorts of commentary on things I do. I think we're just still too young, or maybe just not married long enough (only 5 years) for him to just ignore it. Or maybe he just enjoys teasing me too much. :lol:

Oh, mine still has plenty to say.....he just says it AFTER  :lol: he just does not question it anymore because whatever it is,  I'm probably gonna do it anyway..

GottaSki Mentor

not laughing here...thinking I'm going to take a backwards stroll around my silly pool -- maybe about a dozen laps as they are small laps.

IrishHeart Veteran

not laughing here...thinking I'm going to take a backwards stroll around my silly pool -- maybe about a dozen laps as they are small laps.

I just go round and round until I am bored with it , then I stand in front of the return hose from the filter where the water shoots out ......I have it slanted up a bit.....and it serves as a jacuzzi jet on my back and neck. ;) .

a poor people backwoodsy jacuzzi hahaha

IrishHeart Veteran

My basil plant is going nuts, :D (but the pineapple mint and chocolate mint are even crazier--wow!)

so while I was in the  pool, I decided to make this tonight instead:

spaghetti in lemon cream and basil

SUZIN Newbie

I'll be having sloppy joe (homemade) with smashed potato, then some swiss chard from our garden....some toasted cornbread....I made some vanilla banana pudding for dessert....had a couple bananas that wouldn't last much longer to use up...