This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

mbrookes Community Regular

Come by anytime!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Ennis-TX Grand Master

I did fried chicken Friday, did 2 breadings (Half were pork panko, the other were seasoned almond flour) and even used the leftover batter to make some baked hushpuppies in a muffin tin. I used crushed BBQ pork rinds for a panko like crunch breading with extra BBQ rub mixed in. To get it to stick I used a blend of Eggs, Mayo, Mustard which was really nice and sticky and helped it stick to the chicken. I took the left over batter dropped in a 1/4 cup of almond flour and the left over panko crumbs mixed it up and poured into muffin tins. Bit of a strong mustard flavor but were great.

Yesterday was a breakfast sausage quiche for breakfast, and I had some extra waffle batter after doing them for the farmers market so I mixed in some extra egg whites and a bit of almond milk and baked it into a giant 12"  3/4 pancake and used various toppings on it.

Today, I took some Blueberry Amaretti cookies that did not sell and blended them with egg whites and almond milk. I am baking a dessert egg dish, like a cross between half baked cookie dough and blueberry pancakes. Lunch is the same thing but with cinnamon doughnut holes. >.< I got to eat them but they lack enough protein so a cup and a half, of egg whites helps off set that...and it makes them go further.
Oh I am making mini loaf veggie bake for sides for the dessert meals that has kale, eggs, ground breakfast sausage, vegan cheese, and broccoli roughly pulsed....gets my greens in.

kareng Grand Master

Made pizza the other night.  Used rice tortillas for a super thin crust.  Then used Chebe bread mix for the other.  I made a white sauce and added cooked chicken and bacon and moz.  Added a little Asiago ( that’s all I had) & some park to the crust.  It came out soooooo yummmmmmy!

11B2DFC8-2E32-498C-9264-A01278B3F5F3.webp

BEC779C2-6586-4DF3-B432-757E69ACF5AE.webp

notme Experienced

Friday was grilled burgers - mushroom & swiss burgers, tomato, pickles - I get burger buns from the red robin when I go to eat there.  I will get a half dozen and pop them into the freezer for such burger occasions.  ate with pot cheese (aka cottage cheese) 

Saturday, was kareng's chicken shwarma or however you spell it - thanx k, it was super delish!  we made a tsaziki salad and pita bread (the bfree is awesome)  

sunday dinner was pork 'snitzel' breaded with mustard cream sauce, roasted taters & yellow squash.  I fixed some more deviled eggs with pickled beets.  mmmm.  and currently at war with the jalapeno plants.  we pickled 11 jars, plant is still like:  ha haaaaaaaa!  here's 50 more just try and keep up.  since I discovered that I love pickled jalapenos, I say bring it, nightshade.  I eat your kind for lunch.....  and dinner.....  on nachos.....  in chicken salad...… in my cereal <ok, that's a lie)  :D

kareng Grand Master

Tonight I made a chicken taco salad.  I marinated some chicken in lime juice and part of a pack of chili seasoning.  We then put it on salad with a few chips, cheese and salsa for salad dressing . Delicious

kareng Grand Master

I made turkey with a mango peach salsa in the crockpot!  Served it over rice.  So so yummy!

I used about 2 pounds of “ turkey tenderloin” , fresh sweet onion and a jalapeño .  

https://www.ayearofslowcooking.com/2008/04/turkey-cutlets-in-mango-salsa-crockpot.html?m=1

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Sorta just threw together a spinach quiche with some extra meats. Recipe turned out great.
2 cans spinach drained
1.5lb ground turkey breakfast sausage Browned and drained
8 strips crispy turkey bacon crumbled
6 large eggs
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2-1tsp red pepper flakes.
black pepper and salt to taste.
8oz ball of Miyoko Mozz

I prepared  it the night before browning the sausage with the red pepper, cooking the bacon, and dumped all except the mozz into a mixing bowl then poured in a 8x8 pan and topped with slices of the mozz. Put in the fridge to marinade over night.
Next morning preheated oven to 350 baked covered for 30 mins then uncovered 30 and broiled for 5 mins to brown the top. PS I only had a bit I delivered the rest to my parents who can not cook as their kitchen is being renovated.

20190912_121035.webp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

A couple of nights ago I made this - https://www.ayearofslowcooking.com/2008/04/crockpot-baked-spinach-and-cheese.html?m=1

i added some of my homemade pesto and the flavor was great.  It just dries out too much in my crockpot.  I added some warmed jarred pasta sauce on the plate.  Delicious.  I might actually do this with Tikyada rice noodles ( not pre- cooked) and pop it on the oven for 40 minutes or so.  

kareng Grand Master

Last night we had a grilled steak with some Brazi Bites ( Frozen Brazilian cheese bread) and some carrots and broccoli that I coated with a sweet and spicy sauce and roasted in the oven while the rolls cooked.  

Didn't take a picture because it wasn’t that pretty. ?

kareng Grand Master

Last night I made a Mexican lasagna type thing .  It was reasonably low fat for this type of dish.  I used ground turkey that I mixed some chili seasoning in first.  Otherwise I think turkey has no flavor .  Then you pulverize a can of black beans with a cup of salsa, cumin and a little water.  Add it to the cooked turkey and use that for that sauce.  I used half the cheese and used the 2 percent cheese.  I added a layer of frozen corn that I cooked briefly in a dry pan to char.  2 layers of corn tortillas with black olives and chopped tomato on top and pop in the oven to melt.  Yum!

Had a Riva Stout from Holidaily brewery with it.

700F4D6E-FA4D-4C4B-AFEA-D6CDEB9B9743.webp

11B489C1-2F36-4375-98C0-A1B13F4CD4D7.webp

Edited by kareng
I can give you a more specific recipe if you want it.
kareng Grand Master

Ate last night at Bravos Italian .  It’s a US chain so maybe you have it where you live? 

Delicious- had Caprese salad and salmon with asparagus, red peppers, spinach , sweet potatoes.   

0343C7D9-E982-410E-A0CF-186606195EAF.webp

781B9FA2-CBF6-4797-AF74-83FA341559F3.webpIt’s a bit abbreviated photo.  I got so excited and ate half before I remembered my duty to take pictures and report tot the Celiac community!  

Edited by kareng
kareng Grand Master

This afternoon, we made nachos to eat while watching the Chiefs game!  I had some leftover chicken and half a can of pinto beans we added to it.  

Dinner is a little bit of some yummy Wisconsin cheddar and some local apples.  Love it when the apples are in season ! 

cyclinglady Grand Master

I got to eat out today.  It was at the Asian Box which is 100% gluten free!  Yum!  

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Mushroom Bacon Alfredo Paleo and Keto
Started with cooking 4 strips of turkey bacon and saute some cremini mushrooms and 2 gloves of garlic in some truffle olive oil. I then pulsed the mushrooms and garlic in a food processor with a bit over a cup of the new primal kitchen alfredo sauce.
I then rinsed 2 packages of miracle noodle fettuccine under running water in a colander for awhile then threw into the hot pan to dry a bit and tossed in the crumbled bacon.
I then poured in the sauce, sprinkled on some vegan mozz and simmered to reduce to a thicker consistency with the noodles. I served it with Vegan Bacon Parma and with a side of my paleo little Italy bread from my bakery.

Bacon Alfredo.webp

kareng Grand Master

Made crockpot lasagna.  Yummmmm!  And with rice noodles, you don’t have to bore cook them!  

2B6EDA0C-4023-495B-89EC-012B8D0849C9.webp

cyclinglady Grand Master

Pan-fried flounder (lightly breaded), acorn squash (butter and cinnamon) and a butter lettuce salad with apples, cranberries, walnuts, and feta cheese tossed with orange juice olive oil dressing.   Grabbed that orange right off the backyard tree!  

27 minutes ago, kareng said:

Made crockpot lasagna.  Yummmmm!  And with rice noodles, you don’t have to bore cook them!  

I am going to make this on one of the weekends my kid comes home to visit!  

kareng Grand Master
7 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

Pan-fried flounder (lightly breaded), acorn squash (butter and cinnamon) and a butter lettuce salad with apples, cranberries, walnuts, and feta cheese tossed with orange juice olive oil dressing.   Grabbed that orange right off the backyard tree!  

I am going to make this on one of the weekends my kid comes home to visit!  

Th secret is it only takes 3 hours on low and enough liquid.  If you need a recipe to work off of, let me know.  

And that dinner sounds great!

Edited by kareng
Beverage Rising Star
On 9/25/2019 at 6:47 PM, kareng said:

Kareng...can you share this recipe?  I miss my famous lasagna.

Ennis-TX Grand Master

I still do lasagna like my family taught me but with direct substitutions, for me I either use peeler or a mandolin to slice zucchini into lone wide strips or I might splurge or palmini lasagna noodles. I also replace the cheese with versions free lactose and whey. Same browned meat, layering, and bake time...family loves it. Need to make one when I heal up a bit.

kareng Grand Master
1 hour ago, Beverage said:

Yes.  Give me a bit.  

1 hour ago, Ennis_TX said:

I still do lasagna like my family taught me but with direct substitutions, for me I either use peeler or a mandolin to slice zucchini into lone wide strips or I might splurge or palmini lasagna noodles. I also replace the cheese with versions free lactose and whey. Same browned meat, layering, and bake time...family loves it. Need to make one when I heal up a bit.

I still make the one where I cook the sauce for 3 hours and it all bakes in the oven.  But this is quicker and doesn’t heat up the house. 

cyclinglady Grand Master

Orchestra practice for me tonight.  Hubby gets a salad and chili I made two nights ago.  

Last night we had pan-fried flounder.  It was so good.  Served with roasted sweet potatoes and some zucchini.  

For lunch today, I made chicken salad (I grilled chicken the other day).     I made my own avocado oil-based mayonnaise seasoned with wine vinegar, mustard,  and a lemon from my tree.  Yum!  

kareng Grand Master
5 hours ago, Beverage said:

Here you go.  there is definitively room for improvisation.  

Crockpot Lasagna

2 pounds of meat – I use 1 pound Turkey Ital sausage and 1 pound hamburger

2 Jars of pasta sauce

1 package of uncooked gluten-free rice lasagna noodles (Tinkyada)

2 pounds of ricotta (low fat is good)

1 egg

2 cups shredded mozzarella (low fat is OK) ( a little extra for the top if you want more cheese)

Fresh baby spinach (about ½-3/4 bag)

Italian seasoning (probably 1 tablespoon)

Shredded parmesan

Brown the meat and drain fat.  Add marinara, add a small amount of water (1/4) to sauce jar, put on lid and shake.  Add to pot and let it simmer to warm up.

In a separate bowl, combine/stir ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, egg and Italian Seasoning. 

Spray the crockpot with cooking spray.  Layer – meat, noodles, ricotta, spinach. 

Repeat for 3 layers of noodles.  Top layer is meat sauce and then moz and parm.   I always have extra ricotta.  I freeze it and add to regular pasta sauce on pasta. 

Cook on low about 3 hours.  Test it with a fork to see if noodles are cooking.  Be careful of overcooking.  Still tastes great but mushy. 

Beverage Rising Star

Kareng, thank you very much!  I miss my full blown all home made sauce and noodles and everything.  I tried with gluten-free noodles, and it was just mush.  I will try it with these noodles.  This looks like something we would love and so easy!  

• 3 weeks later...
kareng Grand Master

I am making this yummy Instapot soup.  You could probably make it in a crockpot or Stovetop, too.

https://againstallgrain.com/2018/04/18/instant-pot-creamy-mexican-chicken-soup-recipe/

cyclinglady Grand Master

Since it is practically 100 degrees here, I am going to make left over pot roast sandwiches with a sour cream and dill cucumber salad.  Will summer ever end?  ?