This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

notme Experienced

Hey, we could do all of SKI's dishes and work off some butt- age.

washing-dishes-smiley-emoticon.gif

i need that guy ^  he can be an ugly midget for all i care, look at him go!!!

i sure hope your water issues are resolved(ing), ski!  

i am getting ready to trip on up to joisey - so i am a nervous wreck  :unsure:  i don't know why, my car is ready, i have everything i need, etc etc etc i'm not even driving <i have a transporter; his name is howlnmad  :wub:  and he hasn't kilt me yet!

anyways, tonight's dinner is:  venison stroganoff, 'egg'ish noodles, harvard beets

the venison has been marinating for a few days while we have been busy doing the can-can! :D  i am bringing pickle presents for everyone!!  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GottaSki Mentor

Amen to that!!

I've had several people ask me about gluten free to lose weight because of the "Wheat Belly" book or a DR told them to go by this book!!! "This sounds like what you do"  UGH!!!!! I told them all okay, sure, I'll help you, I went gluten free and gained 40 pounds! I'm gluten free! Allergy free! Sorry, Its a thorn in my side.

On another calm note :) I'm having a simple baked potato and some chicken broth. Not feeling so good lately. I make black beans with jalapeno pepper, green onions, fresh garlic, and cumin. I do okay eating this with rice. Two days ago I added some gluten-free corn chips!! Not a good idea....I keep thinking I can slip corn in there.

Feel better soon :)

i need that guy ^  he can be an ugly midget for all i care, look at him go!!!

i sure hope your water issues are resolved(ing), ski!  

i am getting ready to trip on up to joisey - so i am a nervous wreck  :unsure:  i don't know why, my car is ready, i have everything i need, etc etc etc i'm not even driving <i have a transporter; his name is howlnmad  :wub:  and he hasn't kilt me yet!

anyways, tonight's dinner is:  venison stroganoff, 'egg'ish noodles, harvard beets

the venison has been marinating for a few days while we have been busy doing the can-can! :D  i am bringing pickle presents for everyone!!  

We all need that guy :)

Travel Safe and have FUN!!!!

come dance with me Enthusiast

Tonight we're going out to an event and we're taking anti-pasto (tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, capsicum, olives) and rice crackers, but we're having a big lunch at my brother's today because it's not overly filling.  It will be a fun night though.

IrishHeart Veteran

Carolina KIP!! How nice to "see you" again!!!  :)

Arlene...safe journey, sweets!!. Go to a Bonefish Grill in NJ. Never had a problem there. 

Had company tonight. I'm beat...but at least I think I am done feeling crappy from the tick bite, the chipmunk

bite, the vaccine, the antiBees and the muscle spasms all that toxicity caused.

so,, whoohoo!

I made:

Stuffed mushrooms (I add sherry, chopped macadamias, shaved parmesan)

Crabmeat dip

Hummus with herbs,

And olive tapenade with garlic crostini. & rosemary crackers

Cantaloupe, grapes, cherries.

Pork tenderloin with a fig, dijon and balsamic glaze. 

Potatoes Gratin

Haricot verts (yes, that's what I said, K...not green beans) :P 

Chocolate cup cakes with mocha frosting

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Weather great, so picnic or bbq here methinks :)

Lentil patties, steamed veges and mashed potato and pumpkin here tonight :)

cahill Collaborator

Lentil patties, steamed veges and mashed potato and pumpkin here tonight :)

how do you make your lentil patties? Do you have a specific recipe or ( like me lol) do you  just throw them together ?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GottaSki Mentor

Last night:

Carnitas Burrito Bar

Refried White and Kidney Beans

Salad

Strawberry Cake for dessert.

We (the hubby part of we) has successfully delayed breaking concrete to replumb our kitchen for a short time....

I ought to be more careful what I wish for....was researching how to utilize our laundry room grey water for my new veggie garden -- lol -- I was thinking perhaps we'd have it set up by Fall to grow winter veggies....once we build the raised beds etc.  To buy time our kitchen sink is currently flowing to our back yard and is presently watering my tomatoes, corn, beans and squash plants....sure hope they are ok with it for a week or two -- hubs is having his subs come by this week to provide estimates -- glad to have a few more days to slowly move out of the storeroom downstairs.

Will be glad to have laundry and dishwasher back as soon as possible....but quite happy to not be breaking concrete this weekend -- off to kayak for the second morning in a row with my best bud that has returned home after cruising on their sailboat for nearly two years....lol hanging at the yacht club in the morning only to return to my poor old house -- maybe I'll just stay aboard her boat until the plumbing is magically completed.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone :) 

love2travel Mentor

Citrus garlic roast chicken with roasted lemon juice squeezed over at the end

Herb-roasted potatoes (all herbs from garden)

Baby greens from garden with toasted pine nuts and apple cider vinaigrette

Chewy and fudgey brownies

IrishHeart Veteran

Local farm finally has corn! yaay! summer has arrived !!

Dinner tonight:

corn on the cob

roasted chicken with lemon/thyme

encore potatoes gratin (from Friday's dinner party)

and there's a huge carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting in the fridge we can split for dessert

My friend makes them at her G F bakery and when she says "I made this for you!!"--how can you say no?

You simply can't.  ;)

Happy Sunday, Everyone!

Happy kayaking Ski!   kayak.gif

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Carolina KIP!! How nice to "see you" again!!!  :)

Arlene...safe journey, sweets!!. Go to a Bonefish Grill in NJ. Never had a problem there. 

Had company tonight. I'm beat...but at least I think I am done feeling crappy from the tick bite, the chipmunk

bite, the vaccine, the antiBees and the muscle spasms all that toxicity caused.

so,, whoohoo!

I made:

Stuffed mushrooms (I add sherry, chopped macadamias, shaved parmesan)

Crabmeat dip

Hummus with herbs,

And olive tapenade with garlic crostini. & rosemary crackers

Cantaloupe, grapes, cherries.

Pork tenderloin with a fig, dijon and balsamic glaze. 

Potatoes Gratin

Haricot verts (yes, that's what I said, K...not green beans) :P 

Chocolate cup cakes with mocha frosting

Thanks IrishHeart!  I've been lurking around :) I can do that more in the summer.

Thanks Gotta Ski.

GottaSki Mentor

Let's all go...........kayak.gif

.kayak.gif

.kayak.gif

.kayak.gif

.kayak.gif

.kayak.gif

.kayak.gif

.               kayak.gif

.kayak.gif

So while the laundry water to veggie garden idea still remains viable -- sending carnitas flavored water to the back - back yard was not such a good one -- the dog has dug up my tomato plants and the cat was playing in my "three sister" sprouts -- Doh!

Plumbing remains on hold -- looks like estimated start of project will be last week of the month...so long first attempt at veggie garden :(

IrishHeart Veteran

oooh, yeah, that possibly food-flavored recycled water is a "non-rog" when doggies are around

Sorry, kiddo. :(

how do you make your lentil patties? Do you have a specific recipe or ( like me lol) do you  just throw them together ?

I just throw them together but they basically have lentils, grated carrot, grated zucchini, chopped onion, oil and flour.  Last night I chopped up some baby squash with it as well.

GottaSki Mentor

sons saved my tomato plants :)

they now have baby gates surrounding them....oops...guess this should be in the garden thread -- oh well -- pretend.

Meatloaf

Parsnips

Broccolini 

Popcorn and Ice Cream at the fancy movie theater for dessert -- son gets us in for free -- i pay for snacks at his discounted rate :D

GottaSki Mentor

Son fine tuning his crock pot chili today -- so I think I'll whip up some cornbread muffins to go with that this evening.

Just saw this photo and found it kinda interesting - mostly because one of my fifth digits is shorter -- Braly's Sign was first described in 1953 by an English Gastroenterologist, Dr James Braly. The majority of Celiac patients have a short 5th finger and this is Braly's Sign. (J Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition 2000; volume 31 (Suppl.3):S29. NEJM, August 18, 1999)

Dr-Chad-Edwards-Celiac-Gluten-Bralys-Sig

love2travel Mentor

Making chicken noodle soup for lunch. Focaccia is rising.

Tonight will be fresh pasta with shrimp in a creamy sauce with homemade pistachio sage pesto. Focaccia and dipping oil.

IrishHeart Veteran

Son fine tuning his crock pot chili today -- so I think I'll whip up some cornbread muffins to go with that this evening.

Just saw this photo and found it kinda interesting - mostly because one of my fifth digits is shorter -- Braly's Sign was first described in 1953 by an English Gastroenterologist, Dr James Braly. The majority of Celiac patients have a short 5th finger and this is Braly's Sign. (J Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition 2000; volume 31 (Suppl.3):S29. NEJM, August 18, 1999)

Someone on here sent me that article a while ago and my hands look like that too, but no one else I know has a shorter baby finger..  (but I have tiny toes too. the second one it small, unlike other people whose second toe is longer) I just thought I was weird.

IrishHeart Veteran

Making chicken noodle soup for lunch. Focaccia is rising.

Tonight will be fresh pasta with shrimp in a creamy sauce with homemade pistachio sage pesto. Focaccia and dipping oil.

Oh, that sounds like heaven in the mouth!!

We're having Greek salad in a wrap

(because I have so much chicken and feta cheese and grilled veggies to use up)

with a side of fresh corn

(and because it is a bazillion degrees outside and I ain't cooking!) :D

Going out to do some pool exercises and get all hot and stuff. .

cahill Collaborator

Dr-Chad-Edwards-Celiac-Gluten-Bralys-Sig

isnt everyones pinky fingers short ?? :huh:  both mine are short :mellow:

IrishHeart Veteran

isnt everyones pinky fingers short ?? :huh:  both mine are short :mellow:

Yes, everyone's pinkies are shorter than the other fingers,  but if you look at the picture, see how they come up halfway of the middle segment.?

I guess most people's (the ones I have examined anyway--lol)  come up to the first segment.

Now, I am probably going to start staring at people's fingers and getting asked "what the hell are YOU looking at?"  :lol:

debrabenge Newbie

I'm making chicken tacos with some of the gluten-free taco sauce I picked up at Sprouts Farmers Market Saturday.  I've only had my Celiac diagnosis for a week, so I'm still working out the gluten-free cooking and such.  I love cooking, though, so I don't think it will be too hard.  I've got some gluten-free brown rice tortillas, and I'll try the taco meat in a burrito style.

I think I'll be coming here frequently to get some gluten-free recipe ideas.

Adalaide Mentor

I think tonight I am baking some sort of chicken something or other. Maybe some garlic taters to go with it or some such. And I'm sure I can dig up a real vegetable somewhere. With this damned iron pills eating has become an exercise in forcing food into myself. I'd honestly be just as happy starving right now. <_<

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Hi debrabenge

Welcome to the site :)

There is usually something tasty going on here. We look forward to seeing your new ideas too, I am sure you will soon be in the swing of it

Just had salmon, shiitake mushrooms, ginger, garlic, cilantro, rice noodles. Mmm

Mr M is now researching finger length. I have fingers like the ones in the pictures, and tiny toes too.

love2travel Mentor

I'm makingen tacos with some of the gluten-free taco sauce I picked up at Sprouts Farmers Market Saturday. I've only had my Celiac diagnosis for a week, so I'm still working out the gluten-free cooking and such. I love cooking, though, so I don't think it will be too hard. I've got some gluten-free brown rice tortillas, and I'll try the taco meat in a burrito style.

I think I'll be coming here frequently to get some gluten-free recipe ideas.

Welcome, Debra! Several of us adore cooking. It really helps to be an intuitive cook with a celiac diagnosis! We look forward to your input here.