Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NateJ

Betty Crocker Brownie Mix

Made them last night, sooooo good. This whole gluten free diet is not so bad after all ;)

I've never tried any gluten-free brownie mixes but love fudge brownies with a thick chocolate cookie dough layer and sprinkled with fleur de sel. Or drizzled with dulce de leche or salted caramel. Mmmm...

I wanted to love the brownies so badly - but I just couldn't do it. Made them for myself and bf - he wouldn't eat them. Said they still have that "weird after taste". I had to agree. Maybe it's because I haven't been gluten-free very long (today marks 5 weeks). I have just given up on the sweet stuff for the moment. I'll stick to plain ol chocolate - can't mess that up right?

Eventually, I will try the cake mixes - I have read several reviews from different sources that say if you add a package of pudding mix to the cake mix in corresponding flavor, that it makes the cake taste much better and gives it a better texture. Here's hoping!!

What is in canned frosting that is bad for a celiac? I'm 6 months in and doing well with the obvious but I think I need a lot of work on the not-so-obvious. Have my first follow-up w/ the GI doc this Friday and I'm a bit nervous. :(

I'm not sure what is in various canned frostings but if you want to get one by Betty Crocker, here's a link to the website that shows which frostings are gluten-free. http://liveglutenfre...ts/default.aspx

As far as frosting is concerned, it's not difficult to make your own and then you know exactly what's in it.