This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My First Gf Dream

Guest zipy

Guest zipy

I was standing at my brother's wedding. Everyone was drinking beer around me and eating this enormous cake and I said, no, I can't eat that....it's finally sunk in, no gluten for me, not even in my dreams! Do you dream about not eating food that's made with gluten? :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

Sometimes I dream I eat food and then realize that I can't have gluten and try to spit it up.

jenvan Collaborator

for whatever reason i've had 2 gluten dreams this week. my husband ate pasta (regular) monday night and that night i had a dream that i got in the fridge and binged on his leftovers. then in my dream i freaked out, realized what i'd done and started crying. the dream the next night was about drinking reg. beer. its strange when those happen. more so i have them when i've abstained. craziness :blink:

uclangel422 Apprentice

I have those same types of dreams because the rest of my house isnt gluten-free and i am always worried that i will eat their leftovers without even thinking about it. So that fear translates into my dreams. I guess it means that this is really burned into our brains.

• 2 weeks later...
jkmunchkin Rising Star

I've had both dreams where everyone around me is eating foods I can't and I'm just standing there watching; and I've had the dreams where I'm eating "forbidden" foods again and I'm so happy. Either way I wake up depressed about the whole thing.

• 3 weeks later...
nettiebeads Apprentice
I've had both dreams where everyone around me is eating foods I can't and I'm just standing there watching; and I've had the dreams where I'm eating "forbidden" foods again and I'm so happy. Either way I wake up depressed about the whole thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man, how I love this forum!!!! :D I've had dreams ever since I had to go gluten-free where I forget that I have celiac disease and start eating a forbidden food. Usually it's pizza or a brownie or something else really really good that I used to love. Then I wake up a little scared like maybe that could really happen. :o But I've found that the dreams have diminished some since I began eating gluten-free cookies and making pizza with gluten-free mixes. I think they were more common when my husband would get the munchies and go get something that I used to eat quite a bit and would still love to eat if I could. Like anything breaded and deep fried :lol:

hez Enthusiast

I had a dream the other night about my husbands family! They purposly had nothing I could eat! I was so angry! I woke up pissed off and unable to get back to sleep because I was still angry. Even though I knew it was a dream!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

skbird Contributor

I dreamed about three nights ago I was guzzling a beer - I haven't had one in like three years... I always realize too late in my dreams. My husband says it's too bad I can't even enjoy myself in my dreams!

Stephanie

tammy Community Regular

Wow! It is sooooo funny to hear that we are not the only people dreaming about our food choices since we have gone gluten-free. I don't dream about it frequently but about a month ago I did dream that I was about to order a pizza or bagel and realized at that very second that I was about to commit a terrible gluten-free error. Soon afterwards I awoke with a sigh of relief that I had escaped my own dilemma.

Its amazing to hear that it is a common occurence among other gluten-free people.

laurelfla Enthusiast

definitely had my second gluten-free anxiety dream last night...

in the first one, several nights ago, i was in a cafeteria, all my friends were already seated and chowing down, and i was scanning and re-scanning the menu trying desperately to find something i could eat. but everything was breaded! and my mom (who i'd thought could help me) was nowhere to be found. :(

last night i dreamed we were on vacation and someone had brought a bag of donut holes -- which were actually tiny puffed delightful cinnamony pastries in the shape of animal crackers! i ate one cautiously and then stuffed 4 more into my mouth. then, it hit me. CHECK THE INGREDIENTS!!! oat flour was the second one! i spit them out into my hand and cried, "i can't eat these! it is so hard to be me!!" my mom sipped her coffee and said spitefully, "i hope so."

what the crap?! apparently i have some anxiety about my mom as well as eating gluten-free. ;) which is weird, bc she's been my biggest support -- from 500 miles away!

weirdness.

• 1 month later...
nikki-uk Enthusiast

Hubbie had his first 'gluten' dream the other night.

Apparently he was eating a cheese and tomato sandwich-and thoroughly enjoying it too,-but before he'd finished he suddenly remembered and was filled with panic.

'my wife will go mad' was his next thought!!LOL.

skoki-mom Explorer

I don't remember my dreams very well, but I know I've dreamt about the whole gluten-free thing. I vaguely remember a dream where I was shopping and reading all the labels and it was taking forever and they were turning the lights out in the store on me.

What I *really* want to dream about is eating a Big Mac, and it tastes sooooo good!

Then again, I shouldn't complain because I had a dream 2 nights ago that I was kissing Miikka Kiprusoff and he had such silky hair and soft lips.......... B) I think my crush is going to wear off, though, if his GAA doesn't start improving! :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
What I *really* want to dream about is eating a Big Mac, and it tastes sooooo good!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too!!! I love Big-Mac's and miss them very much. :(

My dreams are the kind where I forget all about my troubles and eat just like everyone else does and then....as I'm digging into my spaghetti I suddenly remember everything. I'm completely panicked and crying thinking that I've ruined everything and I'm going to get sick all over again.

When I wake up I'm really happy that I'm still gluten-free. :)

PicturePerfect Explorer

I have only had one "gluten dream." I was at a restaurant and I was eating chips and dip. The dip was REALLY good! I asked the waiter what it was, and he said that he forgot the name, but it was made of wheat! :o Then, I ran to the bathroom and started throwing up!

I hope that never really happens!!!! :P

Matilda Enthusiast

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I've had several gluten dreams now. I had one where I was eating something gluteny, and Carrie (Carriefaith) appeared, dressed like Wonder-Woman, and snatched it away.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL....Matilda that is really funny!! :lol::lol::lol:

• 5 weeks later...
TheLibertarian Rookie
:lol: I have never had any dreams about being gluten-free but I did have a dream about being in a moonbounce with Bob Saget. Just thought I'd share.
Rusla Enthusiast

I had a horrible dream last night. People were holding me down and stuffing gluten bread and cakes in my mouth. I was begging them not to and crying. I then had to spend time in the bathroom and in pain. I think it is because I am not looking forward to going back on gluten prior to the dermatologist.

I have discovered another thing since being gluten-free, I have not had the uncontrollable cravings for sweet things like I did before. Has anyone else found that?

tammy Community Regular
I had a horrible dream last night. People were holding me down and stuffing gluten bread and cakes in my mouth. I was begging them not to and crying. I then had to spend time in the bathroom and in pain. I think it is because I am not looking forward to going back on gluten prior to the dermatologist.

I have discovered another thing since being gluten-free, I have not had the uncontrollable cravings for sweet things like I did before. Has anyone else found that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had gluten-free dreams soon after my diagnosis. My dreams went something like this, I am about to eat a food with gluten in it and at the very last moment...stop and ask myself what am I about to do. My husband had similar dreams too. I haven't had one in over a year now.

I want to commend you on your great courage and persistance in seeing yourself through your multiple health challenges.

jams Explorer

I have been having VERY strange dreams lately!! I had a dream last night that I ate a BLT on White toast. It was my 9yr old son who pointed out to me that I was eating BREAD! (I have great kids that know what I can't eat!) So... I asked for something different. In my dream, I didn't get sick! I must have been wishing that it would have been true! BLTs are my son's favorite sandwich!!!

Rusla Enthusiast
I have been having VERY strange dreams lately!!  I had a dream last night that I ate a BLT on White toast.  It was my 9yr old son who pointed out to me that I was eating BREAD!  (I have great kids that know what I can't eat!)  So... I asked for something different.  In my dream, I didn't get sick!  I must have been wishing that it would have been true!  BLTs are my son's favorite sandwich!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is a great thing when people get on board with you and watch out for you. My friends had a party on the weekend and as we all brought something for the pot luck, they told everyone they had to tell me what was in each item and not to cross contaminate. Even my mother who is such a nay sayer has got on board with this and said she wants me to make the dressing and gravy for Yule this year. She doesn't want to contaminate me.

Rusla Enthusiast
I had gluten-free dreams soon after my diagnosis.  My dreams went something like this, I am about to eat a food with gluten in it and at the very last moment...stop and ask myself what am I about to do.  My husband had similar dreams too.  I haven't had one in over a year now. 

I want to commend you on your great courage and persistance in seeing yourself through your multiple health challenges.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Tammy, I feel we all have great courage to have spent years going through this and other affiliated problems, yet still hanging on even when we meet with adversity.

Archived