Rate this topic

I am making up gift bags and they need to be gluten-free and casein free. So far I have starburst candy and little boxes of sun maid raisins. What else could I put in there? I need 5 or so things. It doesn't have to be candy but something fun. I don't want crying over carrots or anything..lol

Thanks!

Edited by GFreeMO
  • Upvote 1

Bubble gum is always a hit.

• Upvote 1

prunes, the sunkissed ones. Those things can pass off as candy easily :P

Also, sugar crystles (you can look up online how to make them). You can even add food coloring to give them the color you want.

• Upvote 1

Fruit strips. rollups etc..

Sweetarts

dumdum/lolli pops

• Upvote 1

BTW, for non-candy ideas for the future look up the website for a company call the Oriental Trading Company. They make all kinds of trinkets, toys, craft supplies and party favors cheap. Any theme party you want to have you can find items for on that site.

• Upvote 1

If you have an iparty or other party store near you, check out their goody bag aisle. It will have small noncandy treats like stickers, those paper yoyo things, and much more.

• Upvote 1

We love smarties, and dum dums work well too. They often have great facility information disclosures on their packages. We are going to try bubblegum this year (double bubble)! We also like to include mechanical pencils, fancy pencils (flames, camo, flower, etc. prints), stickers, erasers, post-it notes, highlighters, bubbles, whistles, costume/play jewelry, yo-yos - whatever we can find at the dollar store!

Have fun! We are making treat bags right now for my DD who is turning 8!

• Upvote 1

We love smarties, and dum dums work well too. They often have great facility information disclosures on their packages. We are going to try bubblegum this year (double bubble)! We also like to include mechanical pencils, fancy pencils (flames, camo, flower, etc. prints), stickers, erasers, post-it notes, highlighters, bubbles, whistles, costume/play jewelry, yo-yos - whatever we can find at the dollar store!

Have fun! We are making treat bags right now for my DD who is turning 8!

Smarties in the US are gluten-free and casein free. In other countries they are a completely different candy--chocolate with a candy shell and not gluten-free (and probably not casein free). Just had to clarify. Carry on. :)

Skittles, Swedish Fish, Gummy Bears.

We put microwave popcorn in my daughter's treat bags. You can get some that is dairy free. Bearitos makes one brand. I can't remember the other brands offhand but they are organic.

I try not to buy JUNK made in China.

but...

a deck of playing cards ( if you have time print out rules for different games like crazy 8's, spoons, speed, or just some variations of solitare~ you really can play it without a computer!!?)

check out the clearance section of craft stores. (found ceramic painting kit on clearance for .97 cents included 3 pieces to paint, paint set, and paint brush was oringinally over $5.)

make your own craft kits? I don't know the age of your bunch or if it boys only, girl's only, or mixed.

Maybe some shirts or bandannas to color with markers and marker set to keep.

Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas!!! These are going to be great!