texmar

Time After Consuming Gluten Until....

Rate this topic

Having symptoms of joint/muscle pain, fatigue and constipation. In a week I will be going to the Rheumatologist for a battery of tests to check for autoimmune disorders. My question is...how long does/did it take for your symptoms to show up after consuming gluten, i.e. was it after the meal or did it build up after so many days? So many of my symptoms fall under so many labels...too funny. Thanks a bunch!

My symptoms built up after about 3-5 days (and got progressively worse), but I think everyone is different.

The tingly limbs, brain fog and numbness shows up within 30 minutes. Over the course of a few days, the GI stuff/joint pain/bone pain/muscle aches get worse. Takes about 1-2 weeks for it to go away completely.

24 hours after gluten I will have digestive issues, headache, brain fog, messed up speach, I will be tired and off balance. The first week is the worst for me. By the end of the week I usually have my thoughts together, headache gone but I will be off balance for at least 3 weeks.

headache within 15 minutes

emotional/weepy/anxious for 48 hours

C for up to a week

It varies depending on what symptom and how much consumed. Onset can be from a few hours to several weeks. Makes it tricky to figure out. Elimination diets and keeping a food journal help a lot.

Takes about three days for most symptoms to show up and they last about three days. Sinus problems build up over a longer period but are definitely gluten induced.

Got glutened Saturday. The extreme fatigue started about 2 hours afterwards. The D started the next day and lasted 1 day. The sinus problems, depression and brain fog started on day 2 and the depression lasted until today. The brain fog and sinus problems will probably go on for another week or so.

I agree with everyone else about the journaling. It helps.