Simona19

Salami Cupcakes

Rate this topic

Salami cupcakes

4-5 thin sliced of Genoa or Hard salami per 1 cupcake hole

1 egg per 1 cupcake hole

oregano

red hot pepper

I used 12 cupcake pan which means 12 eggs and 60 slices of salami.

Place 3-4 slices of salami around sides of the cupcake hole and 1 on the bottom. Crack the egg inside, sprinkle with oregano and red hot pepper, (or anything you like).

246nfq0.jpg

Preheat oven to 420F and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.

Don't use non-stick spray because salami have enough of fat and spray would burn. The cupcakes would pop-up right out. Salami will be crisp like bacon. This is good like appetizers, or for breakfast.

1zlgmd1.jpg

Enjoy!

Excellent! :D I must try this!

The title "Salami cupcakes" sounded awful... :huh:

But this sounds good. I might try to make 1 or 2 for breeakfast.

:lol::lol:

Eggsactly!!! :P It sounded sooooo bad that I had to click on it! :D

Those look kind of fun . . . I'm going to pass that on to my MIL as she puts out a great breakfast buffet.

But this sounds good. I might try to make 1 or 2 for breeakfast.

:D:lol: :lol: :D I wanted to change it after I posted this recipe, but I wasn't able to. It sounds awful, but it's sooo.. good. I dind't even knew how should I call it anyway. It was made in cupcake pan which gave me the idea: "Salami cupcakes".

Until I read the recipe (which sounds interesting, if only we could have eggs) I was thinking that it was actual cupcakes with salami in them. I used to work with a lady who made pancakes with cheddar cheese and bologna and they were not the best tasting things.

Simona,

I just want to tell you what a great job you do when you post and illustrate your recipes. <hands.clapping.emoticon.inserted.here>

Simona,

I just want to tell you what a great job you do when you post and illustrate your recipes. <hands.clapping.emoticon.inserted.here>

We love "Simona Recipes" at our house! :D

You never disappoint!! Hooray! While I cannot eat either of these two foods right now. :( I still can look, drool, lick my screen and clap loudly !!

yaaay!!

P.S. 60 slices of salami!!....oh man, I love salami

You never disappoint!! Hooray! While I cannot eat either of these two foods right now. :( I still can look, drool, lick my screen and clap loudly !!

yaaay!!

P.S. 60 slices of salami!!....oh man, I love salami

I need to tell you that my salami was almost see thru. And yes I used 60 slices for 12 cupcakes. The salami shrunk and held the shape of cupcakes perfectly. Thank you for the compliments. I

I need to tell you that my salami was almost see thru. And yes I used 60 slices for 12 cupcakes. The salami shrunk and held the shape of cupcakes perfectly. Thank you for the compliments. I

Neat idea. I was thinking from the title it would be about corn muffins with salami and cheese bits in them. But these are simpler and grain free. Thanks!.

Simona,

My husband wonders if thinly sliced ham or proscuitto would work as well?

Thanks,

IH

Simona,

My husband wonders if thinly sliced ham or proscuitto would work as well?

Thanks,

IH

I was thinking that, too. The ham might not get crispy like bacon the way the salami or prosciutto would.

Love what gluten-free said! These are grain free cupcakes!

I fell in love the second I looked at the pictures and can't wait to make these. Although I find myself a sudden fan of Irish's husband because using prosciutto instead of salami would be positively divine. (With the added benefit of keeping my husband away from them.)

I fell in love the second I looked at the pictures and can't wait to make these. Although I find myself a sudden fan of Irish's husband because using prosciutto instead of salami would be positively divine. (With the added benefit of keeping my husband away from them.)

Then you would be MY fan, actually. :lol:

Hubs said " Ham." I said "No, prosciutto!" :D

because IH loves prosciutto and I think that would crisp up nicely. I put it on pizza with fresh mozz and basil. And I wrap cantaloupe with it and I use it in my penne with vodka sauce....and......

If you want to try this cupcakes with ham, than you must use some non-stick spray because ham don