123glldd

Apple Cider Flavored Vinegar

Rate this topic

Okay so I read a few posts on here saying to watch out for Heinz Apple Cider FLAVORED vinegar. I have the Triumph Grocery guide and decided to look in there and it not only list the plain Apple Cider vinegar but the APPLE CIDER FLAVORED. Is this book actually not reliable? This really bothers me.....

I've never heard of Heinz Apple Cider FLAVORED vinegar. What does the label say? Here's the website and I don't see anything about the flavored vinegar: http://www.heinzvine...m/products.aspx

I think the main thing we have to watch for in vinegar is the word MALT, which is not gluten-free.

Edit: I know some people do have problems with vinegar but it's not because of gluten (well, except for Malt as noted above)

Edited by sa1937

I'd never heard of it either but if you search on here people were talking about it...the fact that it's listed there is making me nervous the grocery guide may not be trustworthy.

I'd never heard of it either but if you search on here people were talking about it...the fact that it's listed there is making me nervous the grocery guide may not be trustworthy.

After looking at the Heinz website, there's only one apple cider vinegar listed, which I use and have no problem with it.

I just went to the Heinz website and at the bottom of the page I saw this:

Are Heinz

You're right, Bart. I was only checking on the Apple Cider Vinegar she was asking about, not the other varieties that contain barley. And malt = barley, a big no-no for us.

I wonder what the other threads were talking about with the Apple Cider Flavored vinegar having gluten? Unless they changed it in the last few years and i was reading old threads?

I wonder what the other threads were talking about with the Apple Cider Flavored vinegar having gluten? Unless they changed it in the last few years and i was reading old threads?

It's always a good idea to check the ingredients on the label as ingredients do change from time to time. The labels would have the most up-to-date info. Some of the old threads on the forum may not be current.

I'm thinking maybe they discontinued the Apple Cider Flavored Vinegar? I do remember it not being on HeInz's list of gluten free items several years ago which is why it is mentioned in archived posts.

Like SA said, information in old product posts may be outdated and no longer correct.

I don't know why they would sell "apple cider flavored" vinegar when most vinegar is, in fact, made from cider, and products labeled "cider vinegar" are easy to find.

• Upvote 1

The Apple Cider Flavored Vinegar, if I remember correctly, was from a grain source with flavoring added.

Have no idea what it was used for.

I'm pretty certain we're talking about some old threads.

richard

Yep, definitely old threads.

Okay I'll just be careful as usual then. If i pick it up i'll also call them to be sure.

Am I missing something? I'll highlight the sentence I was referring to that I got from the Heinz site yesterday:

Some Heinz

You're not missing anything, bartfull-- I did. Thanks for the current information :)