Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BelleVie

Gluten Challenge: Anyone Tried Just Flour And Water?

Hi again everyone. I've been very question happy this week on the forum. Thank you for your responses!  :)

I'm starting a gluten challenge, and as I recently figured out that I'm allergic to eggs, my options for getting in a good amount of gluten are limited. Right now, I've just started with Tesco brand malted milk chocolate biscuits (I've only had three so far, because I want to take it slow at first). I'm wondering if anyone has tried just doing flour and water and drinking it? Yes, I know that sounds disgusting, but I'd be willing to do it just to get my daily glutening over and done with. Anyone have any idea as to how much would be necessary to make the equivalent of four or five pieces of bread per day? 

Beer. Mmmm. Beer.

Breading your meat would work. Add flours and grains to meatballs, patties or meatloaf. There are some noodles that are egg free.

There are egg substitutes out there. You could use some to make a bit of baking.

Good luck.

I think I heard that pasta has more gluten per ounce than anything else.

I read on the ingredients of Benefiber it is only wheat gluten (at least the kirkland brand is). You can try that.

Benefiber states it contains 20ppm -- technically gluten free but their website suggests those with gluten intolerance do not ingest.

There is a easy bread recipe you can make, if you're up for it, that is totally egg free. Google "almost no-knead bread." The most basic ones are flour, water, salt, and yeast. 

You could also try to see if there is a vegan bakery near by or anything like that because they would be egg free. But other than that, pastas work really well too. And then there's soy sauce too. Luckily for you, there are so many things with gluten in them that there have to be some that are also egg free. Go find the list of gluten containing ingredients/foods on this site and just highlight the ones that would work. 

Good luck with the challenge!