Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adalaide

Baby Elephant To Brighten Our Day

Cheered me almost all the way out of my grumpy mood - thanks :)

I am going to see her and the other baby elephant tomorrow!  Maybe I can get a picture.  I am going to squee with excitement the whole time I am there.

Oh please, give her a hug from me!! The precious baby elephant I used to know always wrapped her trunk around my waist while I leaned my forehead into hers. That was the way we hugged.

I just KNOW that there will be elephants in Heaven because it wouldn't BE heaven without them.

My day was complete when we arrived at the zoo at 3pm after a late start to the day, and we saw a sign that said "Brief appearance by the baby elephants at these times... last at 3:30"  So we waited with the crowd, they brought one out but they never said who it was, haha.  Being two months old it/he/she looked about the same as the pictures but was a little more plump :)  It made my day, though, with its hairy little rounded head.  I wish I could have hugged it!

By the way, Fort Worth Zoo is awesome overall, if any of you ever travel to the area it is worth a stop, unless it is 100 degrees outside in middle of summer.  Even then, if you can take the heat, most of the Zoo walkways and stuff have great shade.  :)

Oh please, give her a hug from me!! The precious baby elephant I used to know always wrapped her trunk around my waist while I leaned my forehead into hers. That was the way we hugged.

I just KNOW that there will be elephants in Heaven because it wouldn't BE heaven without them.

Just like it wouldn't be heaven without giraffes! It may get crowded. :lol: