Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

dania

Gluten Challenge & Wisdom Teeth

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm currently completing a gluten challenge and will probably be getting a celiac panel done in a few weeks. However, in the meantime, I have to get my wisdom teeth removed. While recovering, I probably won't be eating much (or anything) with gluten in it, because first I'll be having liquids, then soft things like milkshakes and pudding, etc. So my question is - if I don't have gluten for, say, 3 days during a gluten challenge, is that going to affect blood test results? Or perhaps there is a way to incorporate gluten somehow?

If you're having milkshakes you can always make them with cookies in them. Either by buying ice cream with cookies or just adding cookies. Also adding nilla wafers to the bottom of a bowl of pudding and letting it set long enough for them to get soft could work too. Barley soup would be good while you're still on liquids. The barley pearls are small enough to swallow whole so it doesn't matter that it's not technically completely a liquid. Or you could just puree it. I also like mac & cheese as a soft food after dental work.

Milkshakes with cookies and cream of wheat are good ideas.  When I had my wisdom teeth out, I got cups of easy mac and cooked them with extra water, chopped the noodles up with my fork, and slurped it down, haha.  I also got peach cobbler and mac and cheese baby food... you should be able to find some gluteny baby food, the ones for older babies that have kind of chunks in them actually aren't that bad.