Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ezgoindude

L Glutamine Gives Me Diarrhea, I Swear My Body Is Anomaly Just Info For Others!

So everyone and their mother talks about how good l glutamine I decided to give it a shot. I took half a teaspoon once a day in the morning 45mins before I eat. After three days, I woke up one morning quickly having to use the bathroom with diarrhea, which I've not had in months.

It sucks because I do admit I feel far more energetic, this could also be why I haven't slept too well the past few nights....

judt wanted to have everyone hear that there could be a few of is out there who may not tolerate l glutamine, what a bummer!

Summer 2010 - Loose stools, insomnia, doc blames IBS, continues for years

Sept 2013 - extremely ill like flu, inflamed eyes, loosing weight

Feb 2014 - fecal calprotectin 151, colonoscopy/endoscopy clear, duodenum looked flat,

complete celiac blood panel negative

July 2014 - CT scan with barium normal,  new GI currently pushing eosinophilic disorder with possible NCGI, hasen't concluded to anything.

May 2014 - HLA DQ2A1*05:01/05:05 POSITIVE, one copy

HLA DQ2B1*02:01/02:02 POSITIVE, two copies

***Feb 13, 2015 - finally started on just one diet, began SCD intro diet.  I'm much better than last year but several symptoms won't go away, interesting too that I don't seem to digest ANY carbs, including sweet potato and well cooked carrots, goes right through me.

currently on an extreme elimination diet, I'm fairly active I use this topic as my journal:  celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/109377-tips-for-my-elimination-diet-my-progress-so-far-has-been-confusing-and-probiotics-feel-like-dropping-a-grenade-in-a-mineshaft-full-of-fireworks/#entry930840

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

this is interesting, my doctor suggested I get some of this as I was telling him I am exhausted some days. I did get some marked gluten, dairy, and soy free  but haven't tried it yet. it's really hard for me to try new things, I'm always afraid of getting sick. 

I hope you're feeling better! 

gluten free since 11/12  

dairy and soy free since 1/13

chocolate free since 6/14

I miss my chocolate!!!   but I'm not sick anymore, and that's what really matters  :)

Join eNewsletter

sup julissa!

yea I bought the powdered Jarrow brand, also nothing in it but pure l-glutamine.  I COMPLETELY agree on always feeling ill, but instead for me its usually what leaves my body is how I know I've reacted, such a slow torture game so far,  it helps me to keep on a whole foods diet where I can mess with the variables. 

I don't think I was really ever "ready" to try it, just for how many months you eat and do the same things I just said heck with this, I'll know if it makes things worse, you know?

I'm not saying dont do it, in fact for how much energy I was getting I was about to sing its praises.... until I realized my bowels are possibly also getting this energy and just flushing everything out, ouch!

my health journey continues.....

Feb 2014 - fecal calprotectin 151, colonoscopy/endoscopy clear, duodenum looked flat,

July 2014 - CT scan with barium normal,  new GI currently pushing eosinophilic disorder with possible NCGI, hasen't concluded to anything.

***Feb 13, 2015 - finally started on just one diet, began SCD intro diet.  I'm much better than last year but several symptoms won't go away, interesting too that I don't seem to digest ANY carbs, including sweet potato and well cooked carrots, goes right through me.

currently on an extreme elimination diet, I'm fairly active I use this topic as my journal:  celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/109377-tips-for-my-elimination-diet-my-progress-so-far-has-been-confusing-and-probiotics-feel-like-dropping-a-grenade-in-a-mineshaft-full-of-fireworks/#entry930840

Join eNewsletter

I agree about trying new things, I am afraid to do that also. Hope you feel better soon!  

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Join eNewsletter

I'm sorry you weren't well.  I've never heard of L-glutamine causing a problem in people.  Are you sure it was the cause and not something else, or even the usual ups and downs that happen in the first half year or so of recovery.

Perhaps try it again in a couple of weeks and see how it goes...

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

I do agree 

I'm sorry you weren't well.  I've never heard of L-glutamine causing a problem in people.  Are you sure it was the cause and not something else, or even the usual ups and downs that happen in the first half year or so of recovery.

Perhaps try it again in a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Join eNewsletter

sup guys!

Yeah I was surprised that my body reacted so quickly,  the only other ingredient that makes me scratch my head is I had ate a small cup or two of Enjoy life's chocolate chips, but that was nearly 4 days prior.   Since I have cut both out of my diet,  and since the l glutamine wasn't cheap, ha, I will try again in a few weeks.

My last "Glutening" was back in july, I've been eating paleo for 6 months, autoimmune paleo for 4.  gluten, dairy, soy, grain free for a year.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter