Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notme!

Cookie House (Rant)

every year, our neighborhood has the Christmas home walking tour (it's going to be beautiful here this weekend, so, should be good!)  and this year i am on the b.o.d. of the neighborhood organization.  NOW.  i don't mind selling tickets or walking around, but they have a hospitality house at the end of the tour and they have people making (delicious) Christmas cookies.  i was planning on being out of town, maybe, because our daughter is ready to give birth to our grandson - but, no, they scheduled her next week for a c-section.  now i will be home (and can't hide, because these people are all my neighbors lolz) so i am going to end up doing some thing to help with the tour.  also, there is a dinner (potluck, so, no eating anything there) that i'm expected to attend.  ok, ok, ok, i'm ok.  but i can't stop thinking about the dad gum cookie house!!!!  

I WANT COOKIES.  I WANT TO NOT MAKE COOKIES.  I WANT TO EAT COOKIES.  I WANT TO TRY EVERY KIND OF COOKIE WITHOUT FINGERPRINTING EVERY SINGLE ONE.  AUGGGHHHHHH!!!   

i seriously can't believe i'm losing it over cookies.  i can just see them, all pretty and nutty and completely poisonous...........   :angry:

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Meltdowns over cookies is not unheard of  :D

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Join eNewsletter

IS THAT A GINGERBREAD MAN????!!!!   AUGH!!   lolz!!

i wonder if they'd kick me out of the neighborhood if i just licked all of them.  or bit them and spit them (JUST KIDDING, i know better lololz)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

Join eNewsletter

You could snap off all the heads  ;)

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Join eNewsletter

You could snap off all the heads  ;)

that *would* be fun......   ^_^   or maybe 'accidently' trip and fall onto them (aww sorry about all your cookies)  :o  :P

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

Join eNewsletter

I got it!.  Sprinkle Mirilax on the cookies and then proclaim...Welcome To My World  :lol:

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

Join eNewsletter

I got it!.  Sprinkle Mirilax on the cookies and then proclaim...Welcome To My World  :lol:

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Join eNewsletter

LOL!  :lol:  :D   Ooooh! I like you!

Cookies cookies everywhere and nary a crumb to eat. :(  Bring yourself a thermos of Balieys with a bit of flavoured coffee or extra creamy hot chocolate - it might make you feel better, and if you drink enough you won't care anyways.  :)

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

LOL!  :lol:  :D   Ooooh! I like you!

Cookies cookies everywhere and nary a crumb to eat. :(  Bring yourself a thermos of Balieys with a bit of flavoured coffee or extra creamy hot chocolate - it might make you feel better, and if you drink enough you won't care anyways.  :)

Excellent suggestion!

Or stand around the cookie table, and look at people like they are really stupid and ask " you still eat this s$#&?"

Join eNewsletter

Or stand around the cookie table, and look at people like they are really stupid and ask " you still eat this s$#&?"

While sipping on the Baileys and munching a delicious gluten-free cookie you brought with you. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Ha ha ha! I like that one! The hubs the other day loved my captain jack sparrow impersonation take on why is all the rum gone. only mine was on gingerbread houses. Goes back to chortling on the miralax cookie debacle.

Join eNewsletter

Haha I'm loving this thread. 

And I've definitely had mini meltdowns over dessert  ;)

Diagnosed with IBS - Fall 2007

Diagnosed with Celiac via blood test (tTg off the charts) - March 18th, 2011

Gluten free as of March 25th, 2011 and going strong!

Positive biopsy April 1st, 2011

Blood test results back down to normal levels November 2012

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter