Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could anyone give a me a gluten-free maple-type syrup suggestion? For wheat free waffles.

Jaimi Alderson

Medford, Oregon

randomjaimi@charter.net

Mother of daughter Davis (4) & son Hannigan (1)

Positive Blood Test 3-15-06

Positive Biopsy 3-29-06

Gluten-free since 3-15-06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Log Cabin original, Aunt Jemina Origianl or Mrs. Butterworth's original. All 3 are gluten-free. Be careful about other varieties though, such as butter flavor, Lite or sugar fee. I have not checked all of those out, but maybe someone else has.

I eat Van's gluten-free waffles everyday for breakfast! :)

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times

Still eating gluten for now.

WHOA!! check your sources on those syrups again!

Aunt Jemima syrup IS gluten free.

Log Cabin & Mrs. Butterworth syrups : A Pinnacle Foods consumer services rep. reported that these syrups are NOT gluten-free (they consider barley a natural flavor, and therefore it is not listed in ingredients). Pinnacle says the exception is Log Cabin Country Kitchen Syrup, which IS gluten-free.

IBS - 11/2000

Celiac - 4/2005

I use 100% organic pure maple syrup. There are different brands available. But at least there are no added ingredients. However, for a family it could get expensive.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

i agree that 100% pure maple syrup is the way to go... but if youre a single mom, currently not working like me- gotta take the shortcuts and get what you can afford!

IBS - 11/2000

Celiac - 4/2005

Rache & Jaimi--If you have a Wegmans nearby, their store brand pancake syrup w/2% maple syrup is marked on the bottle gluten-free. It's $1.99 a bottle!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Rache & Jaimi--If you have a Wegmans nearby, their store brand pancake syrup w/2% maple syrup is marked on the bottle gluten-free. It's $1.99 a bottle!

I have no idea what Wegmans even is! Yeah, I live in the middle of nowhere. But that price sure isnt bad!

IBS - 11/2000

Celiac - 4/2005

I have no idea what Wegmans even is! Yeah, I live in the middle of nowhere. But that price sure isnt bad!

:D Rache--That's so funny! I thought that maybe, because you're from Western Pa., that you had one. We have them here in NJ and Eastern Pa and up in NY. They're a huge grocery store--and very special-diet friendly, for a major chain. Oh well, gave it a shot! :D

Patti

:D Rache--That's so funny! I thought that maybe, because you're from Western Pa., that you had one. We have them here in NJ and Eastern Pa and up in NY. They're a huge grocery store--and very special-diet friendly, for a major chain. Oh well, gave it a shot! :D

I looked it up... There is one in Erie PA. which is like an hour away from me. I was actually thinking about heading to the mall up there sometime soon, so if i do i plan on checking out Wegmans. Thanks for the idea!

IBS - 11/2000

Celiac - 4/2005

I looked it up... There is one in Erie PA. which is like an hour away from me. I was actually thinking about heading to the mall up there sometime soon, so if i do i plan on checking out Wegmans. Thanks for the idea!

Yes--If you're going there anyway, definately check it out. They mark their own brands gluten-free, lactose free, vegan, kosher, etc. They have a really good selection of natural toiletries, teas, produce--I think you'll enjoy looking around there. :)

Patti

Ok I don't even know what store what you guys are talking about I'm in Southern Oregon!! Thanks for the name-brands I will get some for my daily Van's as well! My son shares one with me with PB on it & it is sooooo good! The 100% maple syrup was getting a little spendy! Thanks guys!

Jaimi Alderson

Medford, Oregon

randomjaimi@charter.net

Positive Biopsy 3-29-06

Is the Mrs. Buttersworth barley new? It was gluten-free before. When did you call?

I had been eating Mrs Butterworths b/c it has been listed as gluten-free before. I had recently read in a couple places that it was no longer gluten-free. I'm going to look for something i can find for everyone as proof.

IBS - 11/2000

Celiac - 4/2005

I use maple grove farms cozy cottage sugar free syrup. the bottle clearly states gluten free. they also make a large selection of salad dressings & marinades that are gluten-free. their website is www.maplegrove.com

I had seen somewhere also that Aunt Jemima is gluten free too. I read it somewhere and was happy about it b/c it was the one on sale. I have eaten it a few times (almost thru with the bottle) and I havent had any problems. I am going to check the label again.

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

I had seen somewhere also that Aunt Jemima is gluten free too. I read it somewhere and was happy about it b/c it was the one on sale. I have eaten it a few times (almost thru with the bottle) and I havent had any problems. I am going to check the label again.

Aunt Jemima IS safe from everything i have found! i get so excited everytime i can buy an item at Walmart just like the rest of the world :)

IBS - 11/2000

Celiac - 4/2005

I just picked up Krogers "Honey Maple Syrup", all thoguh I MUCH perfer 100% pure Vermont Maple Syrup, cant realy afford it all that often. Gonna have to call Kroger later and check gluten-free status on it, but since its a "new" falvor, it should have the new labling and does not mention wheat so I am fiarly confident they will say its gluten-free.

- Vincent -

Sorry to not have done the right research (NO TIME!!!) but could you tell me what the "new labeling" is for Kroger? I have not read about that. I shop at Fred Meyer here on the West Coast & they were bought by Kroger so that is their store brand now.

Thank you!!

Jaimi Alderson

Medford, Oregon

randomjaimi@charter.net

Positive Biopsy 3-29-06

Sorry to not have done the right research (NO TIME!!!) but could you tell me what the "new labeling" is for Kroger? I have not read about that. I shop at Fred Meyer here on the West Coast & they were bought by Kroger so that is their store brand now.

Thank you!!

FDA passed a regulation that went into effect Jan 2006 that says you HAVE TO disclose the top 8 allergens in all foods, and that includes wheat. However, they are allowing manufacutres to use up old lables first.

EDIT: Oh Jami forgot to say, your gonna like haveing Kroger! Most Kroger brand products are safe, and if you call thier toll free number on week days, in middle fo the day, you can usally get right through to a registered dietation that cna looke up the gluten-free status of any of thier products for you. They are VERY easy to work with.

- Vincent -

Wow...I apologize for listing those if they were not gluten-free!! I need to go back to my Aunt Jemina! Thanks for clearing that up!!!

Kim

DS (12 years old)

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Wow...I apologize for listing those if they were not gluten-free!! I need to go back to my Aunt Jemina! Thanks for clearing that up!!!

Good thing you came back and read up on the syrups! Don't need anyone sick over eating syrup with their waffles!!

IBS - 11/2000

Celiac - 4/2005

Okay, here is some info that I found.....

Delphi List lists Log Cabin, all varieties gluten-free as of 3/25/2004. I did send another email off to them today, as the phone number I had was not good. I will update here when I hear back.

They also list Mrs. Butterworths original as gluten-free and I have an email into them as well.

I think that is where I got my original info. I knew that I had found it somewhere.

Sorry again for any confusion.

Kim

DS (12 years old)

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Okay, here is some info that I found.....

Delphi List lists Log Cabin, all varieties gluten-free as of 3/25/2004. I did send another email off to them today, as the phone number I had was not good. I will update here when I hear back.

They also list Mrs. Butterworths original as gluten-free and I have an email into them as well.

I think that is where I got my original info. I knew that I had found it somewhere.

Sorry again for any confusion.

I had an email from them listing the information i had posted before, but i cant find it! so i emailed again yesterday. if i can find the other email (which was just sent to me a couple months ago) ill post it! i get very worried trusting foods that are gluten-free 2 years ago, so much can change in 2 years with ingredients!

IBS - 11/2000

Celiac - 4/2005

Just heard back from Log Cabin (Pinnacle Foods)

April 10, 2006

E-Mail Address: kbouldin@insight.rr.com

Dear Ms. Bouldin:

Thank you for taking the time to email us. Our Log Cabin® syrups are NOT

gluten free. Our Country Kitchen® syrups are gluten free. Contact us

again if we can be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,

Desiree Victor

Consumer Services Representative

000603771A

**END**

Sorry for the wrong info.

Kim