This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

aprilh Apprentice

Carla,

A whole week to eat a pint! WoW what control you have!

I could eat a pint in one night. Two nights if I Really force myself!

Yeah....i have not a drop of control with Chocolate ice cream - and it has to be chocolate. OR vanilla with Chocolate syrup.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
People can drink bud light but i cant have an ice cream lol.

Paula...you can have ice cream....just not the CONE. ;)

I think the difference is that Bud Light only has a little bit of gluten and ice cream cones have alot more. I'm still kind of confused about that but hey....its been drilled into my head that NO amount of gluten is allowable...so I'm having to rearrange my thought process now. I'm all confused! :wacko:

Can I borrow your name too?? :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
If I sound confused it's because I am. I need to borrow Paula's name for awhile. :lol:

We're not only weird but also extremely confused. :lol:

Anyone notice we have two "confused's" in this thread?? Andrea...you can borrow Paula's name....maybe Kassandra will let me borrow hers while she's on EMF restriction. :)

I think if your gut is telling you to wait for your dentist to get his license back....then thats what you should do. Trust your instinct. I think its a good decision. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Okay you freaks...stop being so active at night, lol! :lol:

It was Lisa's fault. :lol:

Can't stand beer or wine...give me a bellini anyday, lol.

Am I the only one who doesnt know what a bellini is?? :huh:

My "outing" for today...laundry.

Awww....I cringe at the word "laundry". I think I've gotten spoiled with my mom doing my laundry these past 3 years. :P

So yeah...the "sitting in the car" outings sound much more enjoyable to me. :D

I think this should be a new Rachelville word...for any doctor who insists on setting us back, lol.

Yeah....I'm sure we've all had some encounters with a Dr. Setback....or two....or three... :rolleyes:

elisabet Contributor

Hi Rachel

Would you please tell me about your neurotransmitter's value in OAT.

We did a urine test by usbiotek.We did it since 3 years ago.My son's neurotransmitters are really changing.

Thanks Elisabet

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Ah, the emoticon police are out! I was busted!

....and so I see that you took care of this by deleting all my emotions!! :o

My quote looked kind of "expressionless". :lol:

LOL, as usual, with ice cream I can only eat a little .... it takes me over a week to eat a pint! :o

:blink:

I just dont know what to say....I'm totally at a loss. :huh:

and the CRAZY thing is that you actually CAN eat this stuff....and you choose not to!!

I'm in awe.....kind of like how I was blown away by Sherry telling her story in a few short paragraphs....its that same kind of "blown away" feeling. I just dont get it. :huh:

I even said to him, "You're trying to keep your eyes off her @$$ aren't you?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol: Thats funny Carla!

and his response was????

Anyway, I do think it means we're getting healthier.

Yay!! :D

:lol: maybe you just haven't Googled cytokines enough. :D

You could be right about that....in fact I dont think I've EVER Googled it....BUT...I do think I've Googled half the other words in the article. :P

Now I REALLY have something new to Google. :D

So many lights will go off as you read the article, you'll be posting the whole thing! I was like, WOW! Oh, WOW! It puts it all together and fits ALL of us!!! It's about Lyme, metals, mold toxins, biotoxins, fatigue, etc. I think the guy who wrote it must read our thread.

I have to reread it....I only got half way through last night. Then I shall come back with a monster scientific post. :lol:

Oh sorry Paula...this isnt an "official" warning. ;)

More like a pre-warning. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi Rachel

Would you please tell me about your neurotransmitter's value in OAT.

We did a urine test by usbiotek.We did it since 3 years ago.My son's neurotransmitters are really changing.

Thanks Elisabet

Hi Elisabet. :)

Yeah....I'll check my OAT results and get back to you on this after I get off work. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
I think if your gut is telling you to wait for your dentist to get his license back....then thats what you should do. Trust your instinct. I think its a good decision. :)

I got ahold of him today. I had his cell number from last year still. :) He has a couple things coming up the next few weeks. They should know more the beginning of September.

I told him we'll wait it out. He's a good guy and I trust him. We were referred to him by trusted friends as well.

Me neither.

I'm still in shock over Carla's one pint a week statement. :o I could probably go through one in 2 days if I behaved myself. Told hubby we need to go off ice cream since I don't really like the weight gain. Problem is, I've said this before and I always go get more. It is addicting isn't it. :rolleyes::ph34r: At this point I'm thinking a low sugar diet is what I need to go back on. Sugar monsters are not easy to resist though. :P I did it before, 10 years or so ago and lost 18 pounds with no extra effort. If I have to add low grain to that I don't have a clue as to what I would do or eat. Asked Dr E if we could address parasites with the amalgams in so that may be coming up for me.

On to other news, I've rescheduled our ART/ASYRA's for the 3rd for everyone so we only have to make one trip up. I may need to go again after my amalgams come out but we'll deal with that when the time comes. Hoping we can cut the toxin binders down for the children, but we'll see.

AndreaB Contributor

In other crazy off topic news.

We are supposed to be in the mid-upper 90's today and tomorrow........then on Monday drop back down to the mid-upper 60's. What kind of crazy weather is that! :huh:

dlp252 Apprentice

Yeah I noticed we have two confuseds a while ago...I'm always confused myself, but I was too confused to use it in my username. :P

So many lights will go off as you read the article, you'll be posting the whole thing! I was like, WOW! Oh, WOW! It puts it all together and fits ALL of us!!! It's about Lyme, metals, mold toxins, biotoxins, fatigue, etc. I think the guy who wrote it must read our thread.

I finally read the article and yes...all sorts of lights went off. I don't know what the lights mean, but they went off! :lol:

It's a drink and it is a mixture of sparkling wine (traditionally Prosecco) and peach pur

confusedks Enthusiast

Another update...

My hematologist doesn't know what to do with me, so he's sending me to UCLA. He is sending me to a really well known hematologist who he says is very well respected. I don't like the idea of going to another Dr, BUT we don't have much choice. I will get "critical" if my iron goes so low.

We will get more results on Tuesday and depending on how low my iron is, we'll see if we have to get in to see the Dr sooner than the appt we scheduled for Sept. 4. My hematologist said he might hospitalize me so they can monitor me and give me more iron. He said even if they do IM iron that they will probably put me in the hospital.

The whole thing is, we want to figure out what is *causing* the iron problems. We think it's the babesia, but in the mean time, we have to keep me alive.

If they hospitalize me, they would probably have a GI consult because they think there is some sort of malabsorption problem or internal bleed. It could be as simple as that...

So I will keep you all updated. :)

nora-n Rookie

About the cytokines, we have run across them while reading about thyroid issues.

They are caused by infections and autoimmune sicknesses etc. Thyroid-wise, they may down-regulate conversion of the prohormone t4 to the active t3, but they day it is the antibodies that cause all the wierd hypo symptoms despite of thyroid numbers being okay. I think it is both.

I take ldn still and it takes care of the antibodies, and I would not be surprised if it turns out it lowers cytokines. Anyway, the thyroid hormones work better on ldn because of lower antibodies and maybe cytokines too.

I do not remember if the cytokines also are responsible for the low TSH while medicated with thyroxine so that a lot of patients are under-medicated because of that, as long as they only go by TSH. Antibodies are known to do that.

In hepatitis C treatment, it is well known that patients feel awful while they are on interferon. This is because this is the same thing ad the thyroid antibodies, just i little bit different. Yet doctors do not ddraw the connection and admit that we thyroid patients can feel awful just because of the antibodies (and cytokines) but they look more and more just at the TSH and the rest of the symptoms are in our head.....

I have been at meetings with thyroid patients and many say they feel much better without eating any white stuff, namely sugar , milk and flour. Gluten is also known to trigger thyroid antibodies.

Now about the above thoughts, and reflecting on your Ice Cream habits:

Now I have read on several different places that sugar and carbs are not so good with autoimmune illnesses. I even read that on a narcolepsy web-page, and that is just because they suspect narcolesy is an autoimmune illness.

Now many other patients groups fight intracellular bacteriae, not just like you with lyme and babesia etc. Like C.Pneumoniae and several other things (not just marshall protocol, ther are several other communities out there, found some via karen Tripp's website) and they mention that sugar and carbs feed bacteriae (I have read another place sugar and carbs downregulate the inmmune system) so high-protein ssnacks would be better if you are fighting bacteriae and lyme co-infections.

I might have some links somewhere.

tabasco32 Apprentice
I just dont know what to say....I'm totally at a loss. :huh:

I'm in awe.....kind of like how I was blown away by Sherry telling her story in a few short paragraphs....its that same kind of "blown away" feeling. I just dont get it. :huh:

Kind of like when I was blown away when I found out someone types enormous post with one finger. :)

tabasco32 Apprentice
It was Lisa's fault. :lol:

:o Hey, as I recall it was me, you and Paula. Superfreaks. :D

BTW there was a fullmoon last night and I think that my parasites were doing the tango.

tabasco32 Apprentice
Yeah, a little. He said to let the pain and swelling be my guide. :lol: I don't think he wants me to do much, but I can probably do a little more. My "outing" for today...laundry. I'm going to try to do at least one load...my machines are in a laundry room in back of my unit, so I have to walk to the back of the building and back. That shouldn't be too bad.

Yay, and then can you come over to my grandma's house tomorrow and help me clean?? :)

confused Community Regular
Paula...you can have ice cream....just not the CONE. ;)

I think the difference is that Bud Light only has a little bit of gluten and ice cream cones have alot more. I'm still kind of confused about that but hey....its been drilled into my head that NO amount of gluten is allowable...so I'm having to rearrange my thought process now. I'm all confused! :wacko:

Can I borrow your name too?? :P

Oh ok, so could i just lick the ice cream off the drumstick, that way i only get an little gluten lmao.

Yes you can borrow my name to

We're not only weird but also extremely confused. :lol:

Anyone notice we have two "confused's" in this thread?? Andrea...you can borrow Paula's name....maybe Kassandra will let me borrow hers while she's on EMF restriction. :)

I use to laugh about the 2 confused people. There would be times i would see annew post and only see the confused part and wonder when i responded lol

I keep thinking i need to change my name, but since im still confused, im not sure what i could change it to.

Awww....I cringe at the word "laundry". I think I've gotten spoiled with my mom doing my laundry these past 3 years. :P

I had no idea what bellini was, I was really confused.

Your mom does your laundry, lucky brat lol

I have to reread it....I only got half way through last night. Then I shall come back with a monster scientific post. :lol:

Oh sorry Paula...this isnt an "official" warning. ;)

More like a pre-warning. :lol:

Its ok, you can post about that article. I have tried to read it like 4 times now, and it is way over my head. Maybe when u break it into little parts i can understand lol

:o Hey, as I recall it was me, you and Paula. Superfreaks. :D

BTW there was a fullmoon last night and I think that my parasites were doing the tango.

Yep I was on to. See what happens, I stay up later at night just to come on here and see what you all are talking about lol.

My parasites were doing that tango to last night. But a few made an exit this morning lmao

confused Community Regular

double post

tabasco32 Apprentice
Oh...ok then....no more talking...and only breathe through your nose....but only every 30 seconds or so.

That'll be another $100. :P

tabasco32 Apprentice
Oh...ok then....no more talking...and only breathe through your nose....but only every 30 seconds or so.

That'll be another $100. :P

Cool thanks Rachel, so basically I should just die!

Um, sure, about the $100, now $200. Do you accept foodstamps? I wont get it till the 5th of next month. :D

dlp252 Apprentice
Yay, and then can you come over to my grandma's house tomorrow and help me clean?? :)

Hey, I don't even clean my own house, lol. Cleaning makes me sick. :(:rolleyes: But I an expert on laying on the couch and telling people what needs to be done. :lol::P:rolleyes:

Everyone,

Yay, I got two loads of laundry done...and I've been icing my foot ever since, lol.

AndreaB Contributor

Yay Donna! How's the foot holding up.....aside from being frozen now?

dlp252 Apprentice

Foot is still frozen, but actually feels pretty good today. I like not having the bandaging on...it was kind of like a security blanket, but now that it's gone I feel refreshed. Okay, not really, but it feels pretty good. :lol: I'm getting some stabbing pains about twice a day...they last for about 5-10 minutes then they go away.

ShadowSwallow Newbie
I am taking Quercitin as well, how much does he have you on? I am considering switching to Curcumin, I am undecided though and need to look into it more

He has me taking 250mg twice a day. And told me to increase it if necessary.

Kassandra,

Glad to hear that the treatments are working for you. I hope everything goes well with the new hematologist.

Birdy

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

A whole week to eat a pint! WoW what control you have!

I could eat a pint in one night. Two nights if I Really force myself!

No, it's not control. I just don't have a sweet tooth! I'll say that I'm going to have a treat, I'll sit down with a pint intending to eat the whole thing, then I'll eat four bits and put it back in the freezer!!

I did the same thing at the movies when I was in NY with Morgan .... I ordered Reece's Pieces and a Coke (we also had popcorn). I ate less than half the Reece's Pieces and drank about 10% of the Coke.

I was going to answer yes, but then everyone else said they didn't know either! They have great ones at Palomino .... if you guys have a Palomino (it's chain, but there aren't a whole lot of them).

....and so I see that you took care of this by deleting all my emotions!! :o

My quote looked kind of "expressionless". :lol:

But everyone had already read YOUR posts!!!! :D

:lol::lol: Thats funny Carla!

and his response was????

"I haven't looked."

Funny thing is, he knew who I was talking about! LOL

Now about the above thoughts, and reflecting on your Ice Cream habits:

Now I have read on several different places that sugar and carbs are not so good with autoimmune illnesses.

they mention that sugar and carbs feed bacteriae

My ice cream habits? I rarely eat the stuff!! And when I do, it's VERY little, LOL. I was explaining, since everyone was talking about ice cream, that it takes me a long time to eat a pint. I have the remnants of a pint in the fridge now ..... and it's been there for about a month. I just don't want it. If I ate some every night, it would take me a week to eat a pint.

The sugar does feed the bacteria from what I've read as well.

Thanks for the info on thyroid and cytokines ..... I read through it a couple times and I don't understand .... I'm on Synthroid and Cytomel. My TSH has gotten down to 1.8 (doc said some feel better if it's below 1). When I'm tested they test all the stuff.

I do not have celiac and no longer have gluten intolerance, so I apparently do not have autoimmune illness.

So, how does thyroid and cytokines figure into this for me? Sorry I didn't get it the first time you explained.

AndreaB Contributor

Nora,

I, for one, have been having way too much ice cream. Just finished what was in the house and need to chain my hands if I even think of getting more. Maybe I should go back to my chocolate.....which I haven't had much of since I've been eating ice cream.

Carla,

I need to tame my sweet tooth again. I have more than one now obviously since I'm racheling ice cream. :lol:

Archived