This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
Oppps just had a "beep-beep" announcement on TV, No one is allowed to go back home yet in Citrus County, evacuation order is still in effect, water is rising rapidly and high tide is at 2:45 so water will rise 8 feet... good googly moogly :blink: they are announcing all the shelters again....I can see bits and peices of blue sky here and there so I was getting pretty happy until the "beep-beep" thing.

Ok, so you're about an hour from high tide. How will the 8 feet translate for you guys? I assume this is on top of the current high.

Ahh, sloberry baby kisses. Don't you love them. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
This made me laugh!!! How cute, I love the baby posts. :D

Oppps just had a "beep-beep" announcement on TV, No one is allowed to go back home yet in Citrus County, evacuation order is still in effect, water is rising rapidly and high tide is at 2:45 so water will rise 8 feet... good googly moogly :blink: they are announcing all the shelters again....I can see bits and peices of blue sky here and there so I was getting pretty happy until the "beep-beep" thing.

Have you seen the back side of the storm yet??? Or, will that be hours more? I'm hoping the back side of the storm and high tide don't want to visit at the same time. :ph34r:

dlp252 Apprentice
Yikes... didn't think of that... okay have to go into information mode again...I'll be right back with the lasts reports... over and out from Celia live from action Citrus County News. :lol:

p.s. for any new readers... this is only a joke... repeat... this is only a joke.. :lol:

correction::::: the storms not a joke.. just me being a news reporter... yikes, I'm diggin myself deep here... :P

That's me, bringer of good news, lol. :o

Crews removing minor debris and assisting Law Enforcement with barricades and road closure signs.

Hey, maybe they found your tree! :lol:

mouse Enthusiast

You guys are wonderful nut cases B) . They say that laughter is great for stress :lol: . Glad things are still good for you and pray it remains so until it all passes. BTW, you make a great reporter!!

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna,

You're right! It's the water from the back side of the storm, it's high tide with the storm surge that's why the water is rising!

Wish I was wrong on this one! :o Are you sandbagged? (That sounds funny doesn't it?) It's high tide right now so hopefully this is the worst of it.

Green12 Enthusiast

Yay Floridian!!!!

I turned on the tv early this morning and flipped through all the news channels to see what happened, nobody was talking about it, NOBODY. I thought, "why isn't anybody covering the storm?", and I flipped and I kept flipping, channel after channel. I figured no news was good news? I'm so glad I didn't see any footage of helicopter rescues with Floridian holding on to her rice flour for dear life. :lol::lol: I understand it's not over yet for you all but I'm so glad you got through the night. I hope you continue to stay safe and dry!!

Andrea, I am so thankful you stayed up all night with Floridian keeping her company.

I think the weather patterns are at extremes across the country. We are in a heat wave here, omgosh it's freaking hot. The high will be 100 here today, and I'm closer to the sun (5280 ft above sea level), so I'll be hanging out up here with the hot sun. :lol:

Oh...I would sooo love to be rescued by Flipper! I love dolphins...I've always been fascinated with them and always wanted to swim with them. My ex boyfriend was wanting to take me to Florida to a place where I could swim with the dolphins...I guess he was planning it out but I broke up with him so now no dolphins. :(

I had a friend whose brother trained dolphins in Florida for a living. He worked at one of those places that studied their habitats and behavior, and worked on dolphin conservation, and trained them for shows...I forget what the place was called? But anyway, my friend has a little boy and every year they went down and he got to swim with the dolphins. She had pictures all over her house of her brother with the dolphins and her son, really fascinating and how lucky for them!

I always hate to admit that I am deathly afraid of the ocean, that is the only thing that would keep me away from dolphins, and things like boating and cruises. Even big lakes scare me too, which is REALLY ironic since I took swimming up at the age of 2 and swam competitively for years. I lived in the water. How can a fish, not be a fish?!?!? :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Where do you hail from Julie?

Arizona, California, New Mexico?

I'm trying to think if any other state is elevated both geographically and temperature wise. :D:lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice
I always hate to admit that I am deathly afraid of the ocean, that is the only thing that would keep me away from dolphins, and things like boating and cruises. Even big lakes scare me too, which is REALLY ironic since I took swimming up at the age of 2 and swam competitively for years. I lived in the water. How can a fish, not be a fish?!?!? :lol:

I'm afraid of the ocean too, and don't know how to swim, but I LOVE cruising and boating...isn't that just the oddest thing, lol. When I was a child I would go with my cousins to Santa Cruz (a beach here in Cal) and walk out in the ocean all the way til the water was at my chin...never bothered me.

dlp252 Apprentice
umm no, I'm not sandbagged

Glad to hear it, although that might have been fun too. :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
Juliem-

You obviosly have alot of the same problems I have , wow. Before they diagnosed me withany food allergies I was diagnosed with reflux and esophegeal spasms. I aalways felt like my throat was closing and had so much difficulty swallowing. Doctors thought I was bonkers. They ended up giving me 2 esophogeral dialations to try to stretch my esophogeus but they did nothing and the throat closing was as bad as ever. Now /i only get it when I eat the wrong things. But this is often since I still seem unable to find out what the "right " things for me are.

Miamia

Miamia,

oh wow, that sounds painful, stretching the esophogial dialations, yikes. I didn't get my GERD until a little later in my illness and now it's worse than ever. It definitely is improved/reduced, even stopped, by eating the right things, and you are so right, finding out what those right things to eat are is very challenging. I notice I do better without tomatoes or tomato products of any kind, citrus fruits, bell peppers, and anything spicy, and more recently I have discovered corn and corn derivatives to be a source of reflux for me.

Green12 Enthusiast
Where do you hail from Julie?

Arizona, California, New Mexico?

I'm trying to think if any other state is elevated both geographically and temperature wise. :D:lol:

Andrea, you are so funny :)

I hail from Colorado. Here is some trivia for you, Denver is called the "Mile High City" because it is a mile high, 5280 feet above sea level. You know in case any of you ever gets on Jeopardy or Millionare :lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Julie--My husband has to travel to Denver on business (his company is headquartered there). He always says how beautiful it is there and how it is so scenic when you fly in and get the first look at the city. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I think the weather patterns are at extremes across the country. We are in a heat wave here, omgosh it's freaking hot. The high will be 100 here today, and I'm closer to the sun (5280 ft above sea level), so I'll be hanging out up here with the hot sun. :lol:

Its overcast here in the Bay Area. I was cold today. :(

I dont know what happened to the weather but I like it HOT HOT HOT. It doesnt bother me when its 100 outside...I've just always been a summer type person...not really into being cold and having to bundle up.

I had a friend whose brother trained dolphins in Florida for a living. He worked at one of those places that studied their habitats and behavior, and worked on dolphin conservation, and trained them for shows...I forget what the place was called? But anyway, my friend has a little boy and every year they went down and he got to swim with the dolphins. She had pictures all over her house of her brother with the dolphins and her son, really fascinating and how lucky for them!

Wow....that has always been my dream job. I wish I would have studied marine biology and got a job training dolphins. Going to work would be so much fun! The closest I got to the dolphins was at SeaWorld where I fed them and petted them. I got pictures of it. :)

AndreaB Contributor

I don't like it too hot or too cold but I love the sun and the snow.

Can't have it all ways can I?

SW Washington is generally mild.

Rachel, you could always move to Arizona. :P My dad lives in Tucson and it's almost always hot there. Of course California is hot too most of the time isn't it?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, you could always move to Arizona. :P My dad lives in Tucson and it's almost always hot there. Of course California is hot too most of the time isn't it?

I'm in the Bay Area all week..its cooler here than where I live in the Central Valley. It gets really hot there cuz its farther from the ocean. Most people think its too hot there but for me its perfect. :)

Green12 Enthusiast
Its overcast here in the Bay Area. I was cold today. :(

I dont know what happened to the weather but I like it HOT HOT HOT. It doesnt bother me when its 100 outside...I've just always been a summer type person...not really into being cold and having to bundle up.

Wow....that has always been my dream job. I wish I would have studied marine biology and got a job training dolphins. Going to work would be so much fun! The closest I got to the dolphins was at SeaWorld where I fed them and petted them. I got pictures of it. :)

Eww, I don't like overcast either, or rainy. I would never survive in a climate where it was mostly overcast and rainy, like Seattle? I love the sun! Just not too hot of sun. Our weather really is quite mild here, rarely at an extreme. 100 is not the norm, more like high 70s and 80s is more typical.

I would love to live in Arizona Andrea, I love a hot dry climate.

Rachel, it's never too late you know. One of my cousins entertained the idea of studying marine biology, she got into an exchange program at the community college and she got to take a few courses abroad in Hawaii and Mexico (do you say "abroad" when you cross an ocean but it's still in the same country to Hawaii, or when you don't cross an ocean but it's to a different country Mexico??? ). If anything, just for the experience, you could maybe check into something they may have in your area, like a course or a workshop or something.

Cool, I love trivia facts. :)

I see skies of blue and clouds of white

The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

With that said, I mean sung.... I'm going to get some sleep... love you all. :wub:

Get some much needed rest and relaxation Floridian :)

Julie--My husband has to travel to Denver on business (his company is headquartered there). He always says how beautiful it is there and how it is so scenic when you fly in and get the first look at the city. :)

Jersey, does he come into the main airport DIA or a smaller one? DIA is out in the middle of nowhere, and I mean nowhere, it looks like the prairie! We all joke that our airport is really in Kansas because its way out there to the east it might as well be :lol: It is very beautiful though with the rolling wide open space and the mountains as the backdrop.

AndreaB Contributor
Rachel, you wouldn't even need to be a marine biologist to be with dolphins here, I'm with them almost every day, ummm but not during hurricanes :rolleyes: every time we are out on the ocean they are there and they LOVE people, they come in herds (not sure if a group of dolphins is a herd or a school) anyway, they surround the boat and play with us, the more you pay attention to them and talk to them or clap your hands the more they do tricks for you like jumping out of the water and putting their heads close so you can touch them. And these are wild dolphins, not trained, they really are the most incredible and smart creatures on the earth. I could see you being the dolphin lady, like that guys who lives with bears, what's his name, Marty Stofer or something... :P

OOOHHHH, I want to come down too. :D I absolutely love dolphins, they are extremely intelligent. I'd have a lot of fun on the water playing with them. Not if only I could get a money tree to grow I might be able to swing it. :lol::lol:

We've spent so much with the enterolab tests and my allergy tests before that. Let's see, hurricane season is from June-November right. Hubby only gets a week vacation per year which isn't enough to sneeze at. Floridian, don't be surprised in I knock on your door in the future. :P:rolleyes: Gotta come hug that puppy of yours also. :D I love animals, can you tell?

jerseyangel Proficient
Jersey, does he come into the main airport DIA or a smaller one? DIA is out in the middle of nowhere, and I mean nowhere, it looks like the prairie! We all joke that our airport is really in Kansas because its way out there to the east it might as well be :lol: It is very beautiful though with the rolling wide open space and the mountains as the backdrop.

He uses Denver International Airport--and does say the mountains are beautiful there!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, you wouldn't even need to be a marine biologist to be with dolphins here, I'm with them almost every day, ummm but not during hurricanes :rolleyes: every time we are out on the ocean they are there and they LOVE people, they come in herds (not sure if a group of dolphins is a herd or a school) anyway, they surround the boat and play with us, the more you pay attention to them and talk to them or clap your hands the more they do tricks for you like jumping out of the water and putting their heads close so you can touch them. And these are wild dolphins, not trained, they really are the most incredible and smart creatures on the earth. I could see you being the dolphin lady, like that guys who lives with bears, what's his name, Marty Stofer or something... :P

Woah....Floridian that is sooo cool. I HAVE to go there! :)

I've been to Florida but it was more than 10 years ago. I went with yet another one of my exes.. :lol:

I didnt see any dolphins there though. My ex was from Florida so we were visiting family. I did get to go to Disney World, Epcot, the water park they have there and Gatorland. I'm pretty fascinated by all animals...even the gators. The house we stayed at was on a chain of lakes...there were no dolphins but I was surrounded by gators. I swam in the lake despite the honking from the gators. My ex said they dont come out during the day. I could see them just hanging out in the brush. When the sun was setting I could see their heads gliding across the water...it was pretty cool...I videotaped it. Then I quickly got my butt inside...I was scared one could pop out of the water and get me while I was sitting on the deck. Now I know its not that far fetched after reading about people getting killed by them a few weeks back. :o

Didn't the guy who lives with the bears actually get killed by them too? I remember reading that a long time ago..both him and his girlfriend. It was really sad.

I could totally be the dolphin lady though. :D

My ovary pain is pretty strong right now. I dont think it should stick around this long. I guess it never really goes away....I just wasnt aware of it being my ovaries until now.

My home is small,

not built for a millionaire,

but I've got room for love,

and I've got room for friends,

and that's all I care.

:)

Thats a sweet poem. :)

miamia Rookie
Floridian,

Glad everything is still ok for you and that you still have power. I'm sending more positive vibes your way. :)

Funny about your parents. :lol: You'll never hear the end of it cuz parents are always right. :rolleyes:

Do they come on here and read the posts?

Andrea, that is so great that you stayed up and kept Floridian company!! :)

Miamia,

The crackers are Edward & Sons Brown Rice Snaps.

This is what it says on the package.

For our customers with sensitivity to wheat or gluten, no wheat is used as an ingredient in this product. However this brown rice snaps variety is produced in a facility that may manufacture other products which do contain wheat.

Are these the same ones you were thinking of? Do you think the chances of cc are high with this product?

Rachel-

yes these were them. The weir part is when I first found out I had to cut gluten out these were one of the first things I ate and I was fine with them. Then I stopped having them and after being gluten free for a while had them again and got a reaciotn a few months later I tried them again I thought it was what I was putting on them but I realized it was them that were causing mouth blisters and other weird symptoms. I definitly feel like there is something fishy about them. I was thinking I was ok with them in the begining because my body wasen't reacting as strongly to gluten where as now I am hypersensitive to it becasue I never have it.

Miamia

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel-

yes these were them. The weir part is when I first found out I had to cut gluten out these were one of the first things I ate and I was fine with them. Then I stopped having them and after being gluten free for a while had them again and got a reaciotn a few months later I tried them again I thought it was what I was putting on them but I realized it was them that were causing mouth blisters and other weird symptoms. I definitly feel like there is something fishy about them. I was thinking I was ok with them in the begining because my body wasen't reacting as strongly to gluten where as now I am hypersensitive to it becasue I never have it.

Miamia

I've been very careful about avoiding gluten and wouldnt even have bought these crackers previously because of the warning alone. I guess I kind of slacked off because I just wanted to have something to put my jam on. I had never tried these crackers until a couple weeks ago. My system has been free of gluten for a year now so maybe thats why I had such a bad reaction and couldnt get up for work yesterday. It felt like a massive hangover with the nausea and room spinning. I couldnt even walk straight. Do you think its gluten we were reacting to in the crackers?

I'm free of blisters now so I'm gonna keep a close eye. I was getting blisters off and on the whole 2 weeks I was eating the crackers. Now I have to see if they stay gone w/out the crackers.

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. That's a bummer about the crackers.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. That's a bummer about the crackers.

Thanks Andrea

The more I think about it the more it seems like I got glutened. <_<

I never had a solid stool the entire 2 weeks eating the crackers. I guess I knew something wasnt right but I was feeling good otherwise...until that last package. I did have some itchy bumps appear on my face but at first I thought I had been bitten by something in my sleep. Now today I had itching and some small bumps inside my elbows. I used to have these bumps and itchy "bites" all the time before I went gluten-free. Also, all of a sudden today my ears dont like my earrings and are getting itchy and infected...that NEVER happens and I wear the same earrings for years. Can gluten cause that? :unsure:

Dang....if thats what happens from a little bit of cc....I'd hate to see what would happen if I ate one of my Mom's cookies or something. :o

miamia Rookie
I've been very careful about avoiding gluten and wouldnt even have bought these crackers previously because of the warning alone. I guess I kind of slacked off because I just wanted to have something to put my jam on. I had never tried these crackers until a couple weeks ago. My system has been free of gluten for a year now so maybe thats why I had such a bad reaction and couldnt get up for work yesterday. It felt like a massive hangover with the nausea and room spinning. I couldnt even walk straight. Do you think its gluten we were reacting to in the crackers?

I'm free of blisters now so I'm gonna keep a close eye. I was getting blisters off and on the whole 2 weeks I was eating the crackers. Now I have to see if they stay gone w/out the crackers.

Rachel-

It could be cc I have never done very well with brown rice so I thought it could be that. The other thing is we both know now the issue of msg and corn so one of those could be the culprit. It is so hard to know- but I guess the crackers are out. I did the same thing you did though and kept eating them. I think I kind of did not weant to believe it was them that was causing the problem because I liked them.

On a different note- I have had a big problem with meat lately well I guess poultry to be exact I know from the research that they are higher in glutamates. Tonight I tried lamb for the first time and I think fingers crossed it might be alright- this is supposedly ine of the lowest meats in glutamates. This whole time I thought y body just could not handle protein but now I wonder.

Miamia

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel-

It could be cc I have never done very well with brown rice so I thought it could be that. The other thing is we both know now the issue of msg and corn so one of those could be the culprit. It is so hard to know- but I guess the crackers are out. I did the same thing you did though and kept eating them. I think I kind of did not weant to believe it was them that was causing the problem because I liked them.

On a different note- I have had a big problem with meat lately well I guess poultry to be exact I know from the research that they are higher in glutamates. Tonight I tried lamb for the first time and I think fingers crossed it might be alright- this is supposedly ine of the lowest meats in glutamates. This whole time I thought y body just could not handle protein but now I wonder.

Miamia

I dont seem to have a problem with plain cooked brown rice so I dont think that was the problem for me with the crackers. I think either msg, sulfites or gluten but leaning towards gluten.

I cant eat alot of chicken either. I can do ok probably if I rotate it but definately not more than 2 days in a row. It could be a buildup of glutamates since chicken is pretty high. I get puffy from too much chicken.

Archived